• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullface

Well yeah but have you seen what kind of people they're still hiring? it's not like that they look for small fishes. Kojima Productions LA is still looking for plenty of Seniors.

• Generalist Programmer
  • Development Support/QA Staff
  • Senior Cinematics Animator
  • Senior Graphic Engine/Tools Programmer
  • Senior Gameplay Programmer
  • Senior Network Programmer
  • Senior Environment Artist
  • Senior Concept Artist
  • Senior Game Designer
  • Senior Multiplayer Designer
  • Senior System Engineer
  • Senior Technical Artist

http://www.konami-digital-entertainment.com/jobs.php#KJPLA

I personally would prefer if they release the main game first, let us focus on this, take all the time they need for MGO and THEN release it.

How do we know it's specifically for MGO? Surely they didn't open a studio in LA for the sole purpose of creating one game component with no future prospects in mind.

How do we know it's specifically for MGO? Surely they didn't open a studio in LA for the sole purpose of creating one game component with no future prospects in mind.

good point. they could be looking to ramp up on a 2nd project. KP-J --> Silent Hills. KP-LA --> ???

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

2014-12-1013_48_19-ge0hy9z.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0zdqeivGaU

You know what, fuck it. Put me on that thing too please Rogue Agent.

Fuck it, put me on #TeamT-Shirt.

United we stand, Divided we fall.

Please add me to Team #T-Shirt too! :D

Please add me too. This is must be true. It must be.
IT. MUST. BE.

_UDsbQWu-pEYADhymi--Ecuw9nheE2ZLqotqOIqC4zeGvDgj_hDGwSVhBN7_rezHk15M=w300

YES! Sorry i'm late.

http://abload.de/img/img_2873dyx26.png

Sn4ke_911

Kaz is still recording...

2014-12-1023_20_43-ro92ahk.png

If Sn4ku believes in it, i will too.

#Fuckit

leuhkikcskn4iyu3w.gif

Delete me from #Team T-Shirt please

I mean seriously, there is no way they will announce a release date in 2 weeks....... I'd say a MGO beta announcement is more likely.

Sn4ke_911

This. mother. fucker. Every time. He pops out of nowhere, every month, to remind us that this game is never coming out. Every time, plays us like a damn fiddle.

Yup :(

as i said if anything we can get a MGO beta announcement in 2 weeks but a release date for TPP? ...no way :/

Yup :(

as i said if anything we can get a MGO beta announcement in 2 weeks but a release date for TPP? ...no way :/

Ryan Peyton: Hideo felt that he could get a better performance for that scene in Japanese, but we had already nailed it on the English side. I did, however, go back and re-record dozens of lines during the final weeks of production to feed my addiction to perfection. Any time I'd find something I wanted to improve, my Japanese coworkers would try to talk me out of it (obviously not knowing the difference in quality). Thankfully, everybody on the English side (Kris Zimmerman, the actors, the recording studio) were just as crazy about making the VO in MGS4 perfect. Ironically, Snake's opening monologue was one of the last things we had David Hayter re-record, which now includes an edit David was very adamant about implementing. I also had him redo the line, "Liquid, stop!" when Snake pleads with Liquid at the end of Act III. We flavored it with more emotion. That was recorded about six weeks before gold master.

[hope intensifies]

Sn4ke_911

Ryan Peyton: Hideo felt that he could get a better performance for that scene in Japanese, but we had already nailed it on the English side. I did, however, go back and re-record dozens of lines during the final weeks of production to feed my addiction to perfection. Any time I'd find something I wanted to improve, my Japanese coworkers would try to talk me out of it (obviously not knowing the difference in quality). Thankfully, everybody on the English side (Kris Zimmerman, the actors, the recording studio) were just as crazy about making the VO in MGS4 perfect. Ironically, Snake's opening monologue was one of the last things we had David Hayter re-record, which now includes an edit David was very adamant about implementing. I also had him redo the line, "Liquid, stop!" when Snake pleads with Liquid at the end of Act III. We flavored it with more emotion. That was recorded about six weeks before gold master.

[hope intensifies]

STOP GETTING MY HOPES UP LD!

It's not going to happen :(

I got burned too many times .....

[hope intensifies]

:) this bodes well for a June release

STOP GETTING MY HOPES UP LD!

It's not going to happen :(

I got burned too many times .....

:) this bodes well for a June release

We need to join up with Team T-Shirt, build that release date announcement hype of yours one more time...

But we need more Intel! If you just go charging into Kojima Station, you'll be putting both of your hypes at risk. See what you can find out first. Kojima has other tricks up his sleeve, not just the one you saw.

Sn4ke_911

Don't get hyped. Your heart will only get broken.

Metal Gear Gaf public enemy #1

Looking back at this thread. Fuck, it still hurts so much :/

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=945877

We need to join up with Team T-Shirt, build that release date announcement hype of yours one more time...

But we need more Intel! If you just go charging into Kojima Station, you'll be putting both of your hypes at risk. See what you can find out first. Kojima has other tricks up his sleeve, not just the one you saw.

Amazing.

If Sn4ku believes in it, i will too.

#Fuckit

leuhkikcskn4iyu3w.gif

I mean seriously, there is no way they will announce a release date in 2 weeks....... I'd say a MGO beta announcement is more likely.

*shrug* Well, if you say so...

http://abload.de/img/img_2879zoy52.jpg

I guess that means I don't add Akiller either?

LOL! Gold.

Dude, are you seriously still believing in a release date announcement on December 25? I don't think i've ever seen you so optimistic. :p
Haha! You're so right. I'm not sure why exactly i'm so optimistic about this one either. I was one of the fools that hyped the MGCollection2014 thing and regretted that, but i've also been overly cautious during a lot of the hype. I wasn't even expecting a release date with the MGO3 trailer in that thread you linked but there's just something about this t-shirt riddle at the height of our desperation for a release date where it just makes sense to me? Maybe i've just gone crazy.

haha. well done

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0zdqeivGaU

You know what, fuck it. Put me on that thing too please Rogue Agent.

I was actually thinking of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFjmvfRvjTc

Kaz is still recording...

2014-12-1023_20_43-ro92ahk.png

leuhkikcskn4iyu3w.gif

BROTHERS! BELIEVE!!!!

House-Sad-Head-Nod.gif

I still can't believe Downes isn't done yet, then again they could be finishing up recording and tweaking it so that it's perfect.

I would love to live in that universe in which they don't announce the game until six weeks before the release date. I'm dying?

I'm not dying. I'm drunk apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom