• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

So it seems like Kojima is actually in LA checking up on MGO...did the mosaic actually ever get shipped to Japan? lol

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/542041632946667520

B4Wl9fxCMAAE3FV.jpg

Saw this in another thread.

Wonder if there will actually be any beta.

Question about Ground Zeroes:

I've completed the main mission but I can't access any of the Side Ops. It gives me a message that they have not been installed and need to finish downloading before they can be played. There's no place to download them or any indication that they're actually downloading.

I'm guessing it could be a damaged installation during the initial install? Would deleting the application make me lose my save?

PS4 here.

Before deleting it, I would try closing the application, then on the home screen, hit options and check for updates. If there, are updates, then let those download and see if that resolves the issue.

Besides that, I don't believe deleting the application will delete the save.

Palpable

I've completed the main mission but I can't access any of the Side Ops. It gives me a message that they have not been installed and need to finish downloading before they can be played. There's no place to download them or any indication that they're actually downloading.

I'm guessing it could be a damaged installation during the initial install? Would deleting the application make me lose my save?

PS4 here.

Deleting your game data will not cause you to lose your save file. Those are two separate things. It does sound like a damaged installation. Just reinstall it. Good luck.

PS4 here.

Had this problem with several games on PS4. Especially with games bought from the PS store. Either close the game and reboot it or reinstall it.

Edit:

wat.?

It's a disc-based version, but now I'm getting errors that the disc can't be read. After jumping through some hoops, I was able to get it re-installed. Now, it won't play at all.

Starting to wonder if it's the system. I just got it and this is the only physical game I have for it, so I can't try others right now.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Heh, looks like not even Konami knows about that secret yet.

2014-12-0923_09_31-koqajs2.png

NCell

Heh, looks like not even Konami knows about that secret yet.

I guess for them to call that "The Bible" it probably contains every piece of important information of the game, like character's info, timelines, action-consequence flowcharts... At least that's my guess

I guess for them to call that "The Bible" it probably contains every piece of important information of the game, like character's info, timelines, action-consequence flowcharts... At least that's my guess

That's probably exactly what it is. Still super cool.

NCell

Victory.

and for people who think this game will only have Afghanistan and Africa... it says "a battle that will embroil the whole world"

Kojima only reveals in trailers and such about 10% of the whole game, so a few (maybe not so large) playable areas will surely be in the game! Hype!

JayEH

In a Game Informer interview earlier this year, Kojima said he didn't have a Metal Gear bible so I wonder what that is. I guess it could be related just to TPP.

In a Game Informer interview earlier this year, Kojima said he didn't have a Metal Gear bible so I wonder what that is. I guess it could be related just to TPP.

Yeah, he doesn't keep a Metal Gear Bible (as in the older games/mythology) but he has been for the MGSV/TPP project!

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if we'll get multiple factions fighting like in Acts 1 & 2 of MGS4. Big old maps like Afghanistan are absolutely begging for sneaking missions through Mujahideen attacks on Soviet outposts.

Maybe next gen. :D

I'm all for team tee shirt for the record

Sweet! I added you :)

http://abload.de/img/img_28646xiqp.jpg

I wonder if we'll get multiple factions fighting like in Acts 1 & 2 of MGS4. Big old maps like Afghanistan are absolutely begging for sneaking missions through Mujahideen attacks on Soviet outposts.

Maybe next gen. :D

I want to see this as well! I don't think that aspect of sneaking in the middle of a battlefield with different factions in MGS4 reached it's true potential.

The thing is if they're really ready to announce a release date why is Kojima Productions LA still hiring so many people to help make MGO?

I agree that it probably isn't a good sign, at least in terms of him announcing an Early 2015 release date which i've kind of given up on personally even though i'd be delighted if that were the case. They could still be hiring extra people to help keep the online stable and put out new content after the launch, right? Or they could pull a Rockstar and have the online launch a bit later.

Regardless, I don't think it hinders them being ready to announce a set release date, especially if Kojima sets one later in the year than we hope as he's already promised some time in 2015 and they can't delay it any further than that. If he already announces something as late as June or god forbid October, then MGO's development stage isn't really going to effect much. I concede there's a chance it might not lead to exactly what we're hoping for but I refuse to believe Kojima switching to a shirt with swedish dates before the award show started is a coincidence.

Sn4ke_911

I agree that it probably isn't a good sign, at least in terms of him announcing an Early 2015 release date which i've kind of given up on personally even though i'd be delighted if that were the case. They could still be hiring extra people to help keep the online stable and put out new content after the launch, right? Or they could pull a Rockstar and have the online launch a bit later.

Regardless, I don't think it hinders them being ready to announce a set release date, especially if Kojima sets one later in the year than we hope as he's already promised some time in 2015 and they can't delay it any further than that. If he already announces something as late as June or god forbid October, then MGO's development stage isn't really going to effect much. I concede there's a chance it might not lead to exactly what we're hoping for but I refuse to believe Kojima switching to a shirt with swedish dates before the award show started is a coincidence.

Well yeah but have you seen what kind of people they're still hiring? it's not like that they look for small fishes. Kojima Productions LA is still looking for plenty of Seniors.

• Generalist Programmer
  • Development Support/QA Staff
  • Senior Cinematics Animator
  • Senior Graphic Engine/Tools Programmer
  • Senior Gameplay Programmer
  • Senior Network Programmer
  • Senior Environment Artist
  • Senior Concept Artist
  • Senior Game Designer
  • Senior Multiplayer Designer
  • Senior System Engineer
  • Senior Technical Artist

http://www.konami-digital-entertainment.com/jobs.php#KJPLA

I personally would prefer if they release the main game first, let us focus on this, take all the time they need for MGO and THEN release it.

JayEH

One thing I noticed is that Kojima at TGS said just 2015, not early 2015. The only evidence we have for early 2015 is the GZ voucher and PR people.

Well yeah but have you seen what kind of people they're still hiring? it's not like that they look for small fishes. Kojima Productions LA is still looking for plenty of Seniors.

• Generalist Programmer
  • Development Support/QA Staff
  • Senior Cinematics Animator
  • Senior Graphic Engine/Tools Programmer
  • Senior Gameplay Programmer
  • Senior Network Programmer
  • Senior Environment Artist
  • Senior Concept Artist
  • Senior Game Designer
  • Senior Multiplayer Designer
  • Senior System Engineer
  • Senior Technical Artist

http://www.konami-digital-entertainment.com/jobs.php#KJPLA

I personally would prefer if they release the main game first, let us focus on this, take all the time they need for MGO and THEN release it.

Oh man, you're right! :(

Yeah, I'd have preferred that as well. Kojima Productions seem to always run into development issues without Kojima looking over their shoulder like what happened with the original Rising, so knowing that TPP was being developed in Japan and MGO in L.A by a new team has always had me a little worried that it could delay the main game especially with how long it took them to formally announce MGO3.

I hope nothing like that happens, I would rather it launch later or be a completely separate release if it's not ready when the Phantom Pain actually is. We've been waiting far too long since the single player mode was announced for them to keep us waiting much longer!

One thing I noticed is that Kojima at TGS said just 2015, not early 2015. The only evidence we have for early 2015 is the GZ voucher and PR people.

Yeah, and they changed that message for the GZ DLC a few days later didn't they?

Sn4ke_911

Oh man, you're right! :(

Yeah, I'd have preferred that as well. Kojima Productions seem to always run into development issues without Kojima looking over their shoulder like what happened with the original Rising, so knowing that TPP was being developed in Japan and MGO in L.A by a new team has always had me a little worried that it could delay the main game especially with how long it took them to formally announce MGO3.

I hope nothing like that happens, I would rather it launch later or be a completely separate release if it's not ready when the Phantom Pain actually is. We've been waiting far too long since the single player mode was announced for them to keep us waiting much longer!

Yeah, I agree. I hope the MGO team reads this thread too and not just the MGO threads. Someone tweet this thread to them please.

Oh and upcoming Kojima Station will feature live playthrough of the PC version of Ground Zeroes.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=949012

Akiller

Come on guys, Kojima knows when he'll release the game, but he started the 1984 trolling on E3 and i think he wants to keep screwing us a Little bit :p

Bible?It can be, important MGS characters have bible mames, in MGSV there's Eli...and David is a bible name Too...:Sn4kuface:

Since they kept saying MGSV would be ready when MGO was ready, I'm thinking everything is a lot farther along then we think.

Who knows, maybe it will release sooner than we think.

Either way, something might definitely be up with that Kojima Station on Christmas(then again does that have anything to do with them streaming the PC version of Ground Zeroes?), so I at least have that to look forward too since I most likely won't have any presents this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom