• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullface

That was pretty damn cool! I'll probably get chastised for this, but it reminded me a lot of CoD:MW in 3rd person. Still jonesing for a release date... But fuck me if that cutesy bull shit at the end with the Ocelot selfie and picture with Big Boss and the stuffed puppy didn't nauseate me... I know, I know... Kaz and Big Boss date. That was out right funny though.

So I was thinking... I wonder if cutscenes will have a dialogue tree from which you can choose? Similar to Fall Out, or even TellTale games. Other than maybe ignoring certain side missions, or side objectives in a mainline mission, I can't see how else things like Quiet's perception of you can change based on your actions. Plus, it'd be pretty fucking cool to take more control of story elements like that.

Edit: Wow, it just occurred to me that a TellTale Metal Gear game would be rad as fuck. Like the Walking Dead, but a war torn area rather than zombies. They could rock that shit so hard. It could completely be a side story with a protagonist that's not a Snake. Maybe some family in Africa trying to survive war. Big Boss's men rape and kill your wife and daughter. You and several other men are captured. Prisoner interactions would be an element, interacting with the crazy cripple hell master Miller. Finally, interacting with your captor, Big Boss. I could go on and bore the shit out of people, but the possibilities are endless.

Mexen

Oh, man, that MGO trailer. I need a moment. Damn! Glad they didn't reveal the release date, I have exams in a week, that's all I would have been thinking of had they made the reveal.

Tactical Hyyyyyyype Operations!

Akiller

10854374_902526903104876_4459306276298077663_o.jpg

I think we need a "Do it for her" image of this

Oh my god, that was amazing.

I couldn't post because of my Ban lol.

The part at the end when Ocelot showed up twirling his revolvers, so fucking amazing.

Any worries I had about MGO/MGSV have been silenced.

I love it when Big Boss took control of the mini Metal Gear, absolutely fantastic and what they showed pretty much mirrored my expectations for a search and destroy mode. I can't wait to see what else they have.

Lol why did you get banned?

Haha welcome back.

I made a thread about returning merchandise I purchased on sale from Sam's Club to Target, thus making a profit
to help my broke ass buy some games for my Wii U, IE Bayonetta 2, I didn't realize what I was doing was illegal since the store policies allow me to exchange things like Wiimotes for in store gift cards. Funny thing about that is that whenever someone puts things like that into the system in a Retail situation is that they end up back on the shelf if it's unopened(and mine were unopened).

Either way, my ban has showed me the error of my ways.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Ok so apparently when you take pentazamin in MGS2 during the underwater section with Emma it slows Raiden's heart beats down and affects both Emma's gauge and the rate at which the controller vibrates.

WHY AM I STILL FINDING THINGS OUT ABOUT THIS 13 YEAR OLD GAME?

Ok so apparently when you take pentazamin in MGS2 during the underwater section with Emma it slows Raiden's heart beats down and affects both Emma's gauge and the rate at which the controller vibrates.

No way...I'm still learning new things about this game too. Unbelievable.

JayEH

Wow, is that documented somewhere?

When can we expect the next morsel of news?

I suppose the next japanese Kojima Station maybe? Dunno if they're still doing those. I have no idea what event the next big update could show up... all I know is that there's GDC on March 2nd but that's probably too late and he didn't show up to it this year, but that was close to the release of GZ. I hope we get something in the first couple months of 2015 even if it's not the game itself. Maybe a press release will show up out of the blue with the release date?

JayEH

What is this anyway? What's with that guy with the mobile phone? Why so much pics about him? Someone explain

He's the creative director on The Last of Us.He was presenting an award during The Game Awards and popped out his phone to take a photo during Ken and Roberta William's acceptance speech.

TheBoss1

Stupid question having just seen the Big Mama explanation of Big Boss, Zero & The Patriots.

Big Boss's head shrapnel. Was this ever written into the story before The Phantom Pain? I don't recall it ever being referred to - unless I missed it.

Because I saw this during the scene and recognised what I think is the shrapnel.

GvBYXn9.png

Btw, this isn't me claiming to have found something new or anything silly like that - I just noticed it and it kinda blew my mind.
Old post but my 1st time seeing it. Too similar to just be a coincidence... or just that MGS2 effect lol

I was surprised that Kojima held his speech at the TGAs in english. It didn't sound too bad.

I was fistpumping and cheering all the way through when he did that, it's mighty brave of him and I'm proud that he addressed us all in English. He is one of my favorite Game Designers and I think it's great and it shows just how much of a perfectionist he is.

He's an amazing auteur and I absolutely loved what Sutherland did too by the way he seemed completely down to earth and honest, and happy to be playing Big Boss.

To be honest I'm fine with the torch being passed.
Because we all know Hayter will be in the last 1/3 of the game as we play through the events of Metal Gear 1 as Solid Snake infiltrating our beefed up Outer Heaven bases. Full circle.

Icefire1424

Holy crap those mini Metal Gear things are badass. MGO looks amazing good. Already planning on taking a few days off of work for this one...hehe.

Skullface

Anyone read up on the latest release date rumor? Apparently, Kojima's shirt said something like "22nd and 6th" in Swedish, so 6/22/15. Of course, the Japanese are well known for their wearing shirts with nonsensical foreign phrases on them...

Edit:eek:ops! Well beaten to the punch.

Mexen

WHAT?!

Batzi

Banned
Was the Moby Dick book reference mentionned? (6th book 22nd Chapter). The 22nd chapter is called "Merry Christmas". There is a Kojima Station in Christmas and Kojima's Christmas gift might be the release date among other goodies he will be revealing (a Santa Snake sneaking suit anyone?).

Akiller

Cross posting from the ohter thread:

Metal_Gear_-_Big_Boss_Salute_(Metal_Gear_Solid_3_Snake_Eater).gif

Can't believe we did it, i'm so glad i was part of this story as a MGafferS
and as a man
Thank you joe,Infinity,Sn4ku,Dawg,Rovu and of course Tora. Thank you MGSGAF and my #TeamA comrades!

Our mission is over brothers,now let's enjoy LIFE!

*awkward silence*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom