• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holykael1

Banned
I should be able to finally pick up GZ tomorrow, or surely this week.

You are not done yet with Peace Walker my friend. There is a true ending, if you can't be arsed, watch it on youtube.
Oh and also yeah, the part where Heaven's Divide plays was amazing.

malfcn

You are not done yet with Peace Walker my friend. There is a true ending, if you can't be arsed, watch it on youtube.
Oh and also yeah, the part where Heaven's Divide plays was amazing.

I know I'm not done yet. Probably have a chapter left. The best buy ad leaked and GZ is on sale next week. Bah.

Yeah, but I figured it out last night.

If you miss the second punch in the combo even slightly, he'll start blinking, which I mistook for anything after the first punch not working. I just wasn't used to aiming my punches with the d-pad, but once I got the hang of it again I beat him pretty easily.
Hmm. Last time I played the game I got to that fight and I had issues. I quit and watched the ending online. I figured it was a lag problem. I'll google some tips next time. Going to do another play though of MGS1 again as I tackle the series for the first time this summer. Only played this game before.

malfcn

Got the Walker Down to a few bars and ran out of ammo. Hamburgers!

And this time it goes behind the building and no good shots to take.

Does the Portable Ops + that's on PS-Store for Vita/PSP include the main game too or is it just the bonus stuff?

From the store page:

Metal Gear Solid®: Portable Ops Plus is a standalone addition to the 2006 award winning stealth action title of the same name.

So, yeah, it's just the extra stuff. Also, it doesn't say it's Vita compatible.

SJRB

Gold Member
Gh2DuR7.png

Icefire1424

Probably more relevant to the GZ thread, but meh - probably everyone here will already know the answer to this one.

Thought I read somewhere that some content from GZ carries over into TPP. Was that ever confirmed, or was that just something I was hoping to be true? Can't separate reality from fantasy anymore it seems...

malfcn

Got the Walker Down to its last bar and no ammo. Not even enough grenade. I did learn that s mines can hurt it in the air. Counter to the emp?

I missed the prompt, but you can catch the arms trying to slam you? Holy shit, Boss!

Ishida

Banned
Got the Walker Down to its last bar and no ammo. Not even enough grenade. I did learn that s mines can hurt it in the air. Counter to the emp?

Shoot the sphere/head with a normal gun/rifle/machine gun and it will stop the EMP. The only thing it deflects are missiles.

I just beat Metal Gear RAXA in Portable Ops and afterwards there is a cutscene...
Why does Big Boss rat out Sokolov for being Ghost (an informant working for BB) right in front of Gene?
Seems kind of stupid to me.

I missed the prompt, but you can catch the arms trying to slam you? Holy shit, Boss!

Really? I had no idea.

malfcn

I saw the prompt, like how you can hold up the Cocoon. I want able to get it though. Every other time the arm missed me and no prompt.

Defeated the mammal. Epic battle music. You have you manage ammo drops. Since you can only carry so much it's bad to pick it all up if you don't need it.

JayEH

Probably more relevant to the GZ thread, but meh - probably everyone here will already know the answer to this one.

Thought I read somewhere that some content from GZ carries over into TPP. Was that ever confirmed, or was that just something I was hoping to be true? Can't separate reality from fantasy anymore it seems...

I can't confirm it but I'm pretty sure that someone said something would carry over to TPP. I'm in the same boat as you though and can't remember where I heard/read that.

I don't remember the source, but the POWs that you rescue in GZ will return in TPP in a certain way, to either help out or be recruited into your Diamond Dogs unit.

I saw the prompt, like how you can hold up the Cocoon. I want able to get it though. Every other time the arm missed me and no prompt.

Defeated the mammal. Epic battle music. You have you manage ammo drops. Since you can only carry so much it's bad to pick it all up if you don't need it.

Spamming supply markers yet?

malfcn

Spamming supply markers yet?

I just use the LAW and Standard machine gun. Then supply markers that I set down. I never upgraded to the strike or throw markers. I tend to hoard whatever currency the economy of games give - mostly to my detriment. Still need to polish off this game. And I know GZ is $5 off next week, but I couldn't wait. Went out and bought it.

The Flash

Banned
I'm a new fan of MGS and I've only finished MGS2, 3 and half of Peace Walker but I just want to say that I enjoyed playing GZ more. I regret nothing!

*runs*

JayEH

I'm a new fan of MGS and I've only finished MGS2, 3 and half of Peace Walker but I just want to say that I enjoyed playing GZ more. I regret nothing!

*runs*

No need to run! Many people here enjoyed Ground Zeroes a lot. No "it's a demo" talk here!

I just use the LAW and Standard machine gun. Then supply markers that I set down. I never upgraded to the strike or throw markers. I tend to hoard whatever currency the economy of games give - mostly to my detriment. Still need to polish off this game. And I know GZ is $5 off next week, but I couldn't wait. Went out and bought it.

You used the LAW on Peace Walker?

Hey everyone! It's my first post to Neogaf, I've been a LONG LONG LONG time lurker of both the gaming and Off-topic forums and now I've finally joined the fold.

I find it hilarious that my first post on Neogaf is in a thread for the gaming series that really made me love games even more than things like Deus Ex and Thief. I've grown up and played all these games through my life, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 were the games that made me buy a Playstation 2, and Metal Gear Solid 1 is the game that really made me love the original Playstation over my Super Nintendo. I still remember when my mother told me we were going to Best Buy to buy a copy of MGS1 and a PSone(the small, slim playstations) because they were only a $100 dollars, which was a lot to us because we were poor(still are actually, but that's another story). It was one of the best Christmas presents I ever got next to the Dreamcast my grandmother sent me(God rest her soul) all the way from California after battling crowds and thieves to get something for her favorite Grandson.

The point is that whenever I was having a bad day at school from being bullied, or things sucked and we could barely afford to eat the adventures of Snake were always there for me. I loved the story, the characters, the gameplay(especially this), the cinematics(especially those because I am a huge cinema freak! I hope to one day make movies) and it's one of the few series of games that has maintained its identity and flavor throughout the years even with a few missteps(mainly Peace Walker).

After recently playing MGSV: Ground Zeroes(I'm sitting at 87% complete, I need that 100%!) I am amazed by the potential that The Phantom Pain presents, it has the chance to be the best and most memorable Metal Gear yet and I look forward to Hideo Kojima's masterpiece.

I've watched the trailers for The Phantom Pain an embarrassing amount of times, and I am beyond hyped for the game! My favorite qoutes from the trailer are these:

The world demands wetwork and we answer! NO GREATER GOOD...No Just cause.

Kaz, I'm Already a Demon.

You see this? Diamond Dogs...our new home.

Those, combined with the cinematics just hit me right in the feels, EVERY SINGLE TIME. I can't wait to see how Big Boss turns evil, and I feel that Kaz might have a hand in it so it will be interesting to see how the goofy, good time Kazuhira "Master" Miller becomes a vengeful man, and to see Big Boss's descent into madness.

um, why the hell is the Metal Gear Solid 3 main theme SO FUCKING GOOD?!?!?!

Mostly because of the amazing combined orchestra and Brass section with the electric guitar combo, and dat Donna Burke.

Welcome Duke, glad to have you join the site and metal gear gaf!

Thank you Jay, it's my pleasure and thanks for having me!

I can't wait to post more around here, and once I mess around with Sharefactory I'll post up some playthroughs of MGSV:GZ.

Does anyone know if Kojima is done cutting that trailer he's been teasing on twitter? I can't wait to see it, I NEED THIS GAME. Ahhhh!

R-User!

You used the LAW on Peace Walker?

I used the LAW, because it was quicker to upgrade because it reloaded faster, and it was more handy against enemies because it reloaded faster. I would take it into the first shooting gallery, and level it up once in a while. It's surprisingly powerful! :)

WilyRook

when's the GZ update? or add-on, or whatever the hell it's called?? I want to pretend I'm Raiden again already >:^(

malfcn

Extended break..back to Chapter 5.
Battle 3 was easy?

Okay, going to look up how to actually get Chapter 5?

JayEH

but which time zone?? D:

I read things on the internet that said May 1st JPT, which was like half a day ago

oh, maybe they're waiting for Koji Station or something

No clue. I don't know when game updates go live on PSN (if they have a specific time.)

Does anyone know if Kojima is done cutting that trailer he's been teasing on twitter? I can't wait to see it, I NEED THIS GAME. Ahhhh!

Going off his tweets, looks like he's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom