• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So is that KJP guy trying to say that "Liquid" (whether it be Liquid Ocelot or Liquid Snake) has always sort of represented chaos/anarchy in the series, like a fire that gets out of control (wildfire), in contrast to the Patriots sense of "order" and preventing free will? But then MGSV is all about that sort of chaos and men falling into madness, hence all the demon and fire imagery in the trailers?

Something like that, maybe? I wonder what that says about Eli's role in TPP. Maybe he will be represented as kind of an anti-christ figure seeing as "Liquid" is literally the son of Big Boss (a "demon") who will one day seek to bring the world to ruin and the need to be stopped? So no matter what evil acts Big Boss or anyone else does, it ultimately culminates into Liquid's evil deeds. Even though he "dies" and it's really Ocelot playing out his intentions in MGS2 and MGS4... ugh, I don't know what I'm talking about lol.

Sn4ku, please link the actual tweet. I'll see if JunkerHQ can give us a better translation lol

https://twitter.com/kz_uchi/with_replies

Wait, I thought all people with the KojiPro logo in their avatars are working for Kojima Productions? :3

Edit: He's defintely from KJP. Just look who follows him.

Edit2: Or maybe not?

https://twitter.com/kz_uchi/with_replies

Wait, I thought all people with the KojiPro logo in their avatars are working for Kojima Productions? :3

Edit: He's defintely from KJP. Just look who follows him.

AdmiralAckbar2.gif

JayEH

Geez, spent all last night playing MGS 3 and sleeping, then wake up to find all this hype! And my sweet sweet Hai Lady <3

Going to watch the KojiSta at work.

However, was curious if you guys have seen this thread on Reddit concerning a theme in MGS: V which would seem to make a lot of sense to me, especially with the emphasis on 'V'.

http://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearso...r_key_theme_of_mgsv_was_revealed_at_tgs_2014/

What do you guys think?

Hmmm that guy did some digging. I have no idea how people are able to come up with this stuff.

Kojima also reminding us that Snake will be a mute :/

huh? what you mean have more of stuff. like more work on the avatar?

Yeah, like if you will make something even more better. Like BLOODY FACE EYEPATCH SHRAPNEL SCATTER YOUR SORROW TO THE HEARTLESS SEA DARK DEMON Teddie

Welcome! Awesome avatar (Good work, brau!)!! Purse Owner is an amazing series -- my favorite behind Metal Gear!

Innocent Sin is my favorite and Eikichi's Bloooody Honeeymoooon!

brau

Yeah, like if you will make something even more better. Like BLOODY FACE EYEPATCH SHRAPNEL SCATTER YOUR SORROW TO THE HEARTLESS SEA DARK DEMON Teddie

Innocent Sin is my favorite and Eikichi's Bloooody Honeeymoooon!

LOL. Yeah, there are like 60 others who lost the bet against Verendus. He created an army.

Cool eyepatch would be nice, as long as it looks like Big Boss´ eyepatch.

Oks. I'll go get lunch, and when i am back i'll do something about these. I think i can make it a little more detailed, and change the knack avatar too. Changes should be in pretty fast. So be on the look out. lol

NeoGiff

I really need to pull myself away from Off-Topic and post more in here.

This thread is so goddamn meta, it's like an offshoot of GAF that everyone fears and few fear to tread... we are Diamond Dogs.

I really need to pull myself away from Off-Topic and post more in here.

This thread is so goddamn meta, it's like an offshoot of GAF that everyone fears and few fear to tread... we are Diamond Dogs.

I think it's the die hard nature of the series. People consider it utter fanboy drivel when we're gold sifting in our next door neighbors jacuzzi, but they don't realize that's where Kojima hides stuff. Where we find it genius, others think it's up it's own ass with its convolution.

They're the ones missing out.

Taipei Game Show Release Date Hype!

3o9up4ve.png

Also, I want to say, that this Hype Rex is not only for Taipei Game Show but any Metal Gear Hype situation.

Pinewood

So announcement coming soon means they will reveal the release date during Playstation experience in February? Because Taipei doesn't feel right, brothers. But February announcment can mean only one thing, 5.5.15, amirite?

Like the prophets once said...

NeoGiff

Standing....On the edgeeeee of the crater...

I think it's the die hard nature of the series. People consider it utter fanboy drivel when we're gold sifting in our next door neighbors jacuzzi, but they don't realize that's where Kojima hides stuff. Where we find it genius, others think it's up it's own ass with its convolution.

They're the ones missing out.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT| They're the ones missing out

usp84

Hello BRROOTHEERRRS!

I've been watching this thread for a quite some time. Then decided to sign up, but I did not know that I need to wait for account validation. And after validation I decided to say hello to MGS-GAF (best gaming community I've ever seen!).

I am MGS fan since the Shadow Moses incident. I play all canon Metal Gear games every year. And now I am so hyped for V and I am prety sure that it will be the best in the series!

Btw, yesterday bought PS4 and the only game there is right now is GZ :3 (played it already on PS3 and PC)

Hello to you and everyone here!First post in Neogaf i am in the exact same situation as you lol.

This thread is really fun to read you people are crazy in a good way.

I cant wait for The Phantom Pain!

Awh, NoctisVsStar is givin' me a wee smooch on my little turtle dragon head.
I'm sleeping don't worry Koopa or is it Bowser? Lol XD
So announcement coming soon means they will reveal the release date during Playstation experience in February? Because Taipei doesn't feel right, brothers. But February announcment can mean only one thing, 5.5.15, amirite?

PS experience in Feb what?!

BTW
My two favorite characters in Gaming/Anime/Manga are Big Boss and Guts from Berserk. And they both have some things in common:

1) Eyepatch
2) Prostetic arm
3)
Both killed their mentors
4)
Both lost their unit (MSF and Band of the Hawk)
4.1)
Lost their unit cause of one of the best comrades (Grffith and Zero)
5)
Both seek revenge on their comrades (Griffith and Zero)
6)
Those comrades become world rule/god (Patriots and God Hand + Reborn Griffith as new king)

SO if now in Berserk there are dragons, kraken and stuff (Fantasia Arc)...it means we will see something like that in Phantom Pain! OMG! THATS IT! KRAKEN
FOR PHANTOM PAIN CONFIRMED!!!
(he will swallow mother base)

JayEH

Hello to you and everyone here!First post in Neogaf i am in the exact same situation as you lol.

WELCOME BROTHER. I can't guarantee your sanity once you enter this thread but I hope you enjoy your time here.

I'm sleeping don't worry Koopa or is it Bowser? Lol XD

PS experience in Feb what?!

He means Destination PS which is a retailer event.

Right who will do the OT? After the MGS4 OT we need to step up!

Dawg is doing it. There's no one else I'd rather have their paws on it than him.

Timeaisis

BTW
My two favorite characters in Gaming/Anime/Manga are Big Boss and Guts from Berserk. And they both have some things in common:

1) Eyepatch
2) Prostetic arm
3)
Both killed their mentors
4)
Both lost their unit (MSF and Band of the Hawk)
4.1)
Lost their unit cause of one of the best comrades (Grffith and Zero)
5)
Both seek revenge on their comrades (Griffith and Zero)
6)
Those comrades become world rule/god (Patriots and God Hand + Reborn Griffith as new king)

SO if now in Berserk there are dragons, kraken and stuff (Fantasia Arc)...it means we will see something like that in Phantom Pain! OMG! THATS IT! KRAKEN
FOR PHANTOM PAIN CONFIRMED!!!
(he will swallow mother base)

Well, there is that Whale...soo....

Jindrax

Rejoice!!! We're not clones of the old man after all hey stat84!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom