• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibuki

Banned
Kojima's translation:

The support box made out of carbon box for sending during the mission got strengthen as to increase of its durability

So if that is Afghanistan that means there will probably be more missions after Africa. Side ops? Most definitely. but what about story missions?

Why do you think it goes straight to Africa? There's that stuff with Quiet from the trailers which looks like Afghanistan, I doubt that's part of rescuing Kaz.

JayEH

Why do you think it goes straight to Africa? There's that stuff with Quiet from the trailers which looks like Afghanistan, I doubt that's part of rescuing Kaz.

I'm assuming you do all your missions in Afghanistan then move to Africa for story reasons. I was wondering if there was any story reasons to go back to Afghanistan.

Dawg

The way I see it, locations such as Afghanistan will have Main OPS and Extra OPS, but you'll also be able to freely explore it at any point.

In fact, I think you can choose where to go from the motherbase. You can probably re-visit Afghanistan, Africa etc at any point in the game!

It would also make sense to unlock extra missions for Afghanistan later in the game, giving you reasons to re-visit it.

JayEH

Ah because of DD? I think they faked his location for TGS, true wolves don't exist in Africa.

tumblr_n6zdmspPiE1skh0gdo1_400.gif

You're right! Makes sense to find him in Afghan.

The way I see it, locations such as Afghanistan will have Main OPS and Extra OPS, but you'll also be able to freely explore it at any point.

In fact, I think you can choose where to go from the motherbase. You can probably re-visit Afghanistan, Africa etc at any point in the game!

It would also make sense to unlock extra missions for Afghanistan later in the game, giving you reasons to re-visit it.

Yeah I'm wondering if you can freely choose to do story missions in Africa and Afghan. at the same time.

Story could be linear from country to country but I'm sure you'll be able to fly between once multiple areas are available, and side missions unlocking should get you to return even if the story doesn't.

JayEH

Hey guys, I know Akiller told you guys about this earlier but he started a group chat for us on Telegram.

There's seven of us in the group so far but we of course want to have more. We just talk about random shit so if you're interested let me know. The link for the app is above and there's also a phone app.

Recipe for Diamondu Dawgzu Tea:

Find a nice jasmine or Oolong tea, preferably with a tea ball or infuser wand and loose leaf tea but tea bags will do.

Infuse tea for 5 minutes with piping hot water, stir briskly to really get the esters and aromas of the tea leaves into the water.

When the tea is still quite hot, grab a small spoon or butter knife with this on the end:

1 tablespoon peanut butter, 1/2 tablespoon honey(something fragrant like Clover honey)

Stir briskly until the tea is cloudy, wait until you can safely enjoy this nutty, slightly sweet, and fragrant notes of floral impressions from the teas and the honey.

They removed the picture? What'd I miss? Something awesome?

EDIT: Ah, nevermind missed a letter in the url. :p Wow DD looks amazing. Dat dog tech.

haha, that wasn't mine. You missed a few things regarding the context of that post.

Everyone had changed their avatar to Batzi's and I was messing around.

Darn it, so it's Batzi's collection? Impressive nonetheless.

I feel like I probably missed a fair bit, most of it NSFW, if that little taster last night was anything to go by :p

Dawg

B-gynUCCcAAsXv-.jpg:large

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold the fuck on. Is this really DD? I can't see his eyepatch. Did Kojima purposely shoot the screen at this angle? You can't really see the other eye. Why did he do this?

It's hard to see whether or not DD actually has an eyepatch in this scene. I can't really see a strap or anything. And the more I look at this wolf, the more I notice the fur has a different color but that could be related to the lighting.

EDIT: lol nvm, I must be sleepy, I looked closer and now I can see the eyepatch. A bit subtle, but I can see it.

Rean

Darn it, so it's Batzi's collection? Impressive nonetheless.

I feel like I probably missed a fair bit, most of it NSFW, if that little taster last night was anything to go by :p
You missed spongeboba using ModBot's avatar and saying "Please Hold" in the thread.

Hold the fuck on. Is this really DD? I can't see his eyepatch. Did Kojima purposely shoot the screen at this angle? You can't really see the other eye. Why did he do this?

It's hard to see whether or not DD actually has an eyepatch in this scene. I can't really see a strap or anything. And the more I look at this wolf, the more I notice the fur has a different color but that could be related to the lighting.
#TeamCGIDD

Wait Destination playstation is today?

I've been thinking about doing a reset since I have pretty much flip flopped and or don't really have a sleep schedule anymore.

You and me both.

I'm watching Total Recall(the original Verhoeven flick) and browsing GAF thinking I could be playing games but the only games I want to play are MGSV:TPP and Bloodborne.

T_T

Maybe Witcher 3(I have it paid off, and I'm just kind of waiting for release... I'm hyped but not as hyped for the two mentioned above). Gonna move my DBX preorder over to Persona 5 or maybe FFXV...haven't decided yet or maybe say fuck it and throw a couple trades in and coupons and get both.

I'm watching Total Recall(the original Verhoeven flick) and browsing GAF thinking I could be playing games but the only games I want to play are MGSV:TPP and Bloodborne.

T_T

Maybe Witcher 3(I have it paid off, and I'm just kind of waiting for release... I'm hyped but not as hyped for the two mentioned above). Gonna move my DBX preorder over to Persona 5 or maybe FFXV...haven't decided yet or maybe say fuck it and throw a couple trades in and coupons and get both.
TBS? Lol I'm watching too!

JayEH

Batzi™ sources confirmed it.

T_T

Don't throw it on FF XV. Wait until 2024 at least.

Rean

T_T

I was gonna pick up DBX too. I hope its as good as the old ones.

I was gonna pick up DBX too. I hope its as good as the old ones.

I read some impressions, and saw the ultimate techniques lack the punch and flash of even the worst games in the series.

And overall it's not as good as it could be.

Typically I'd play it for myself but since I only have a casual interest in fighters it is enough to scare me away from it for something else.

FFXV wasn't even on my radar, but the gameplay from that demo looked really cool and it sounds interesting which is a first for me since I typically hate FF.

Persona 5 was the same but all the talk about 4:G, and the avatars are making me want to jump in with P5, that way I can have a couple V's in my collection.

Damn you Kojima and all this rad Kubrickian V imagery.

Ah. My first time seeing it. What a weird, low budget, yet fun movie lol.

Yeah it's an interesting film, and I love Arnold in it.

I read some impressions, and saw the ultimate techniques lack the punch and flash of even the worst games in the series.

And overall it's not as good as it could be.

Typically I'd play it for myself but since I only have a casual interest in fighters it is enough to scare me away from it for something else.

FFXV wasn't even on my radar, but the gameplay from that demo looked really cool and it sounds interesting which is a first for me since I typically hate FF.

Persona 5 was the same but all the talk about 4:G, and the avatars are making me want to jump in with P5, that way I can have a couple V's in my collection.

Damn you Kojima and all this rad Kubrickian V imagery.

Yeah it's an interesting film, and I love Arnold in it.

Can't wait to play DBZ, just because I'm a sucker for the franchise.

FFXV looks good, I'll find out once Type-0 arrives and when I get to play the demo.

March is going to be hectic for gaming, I'll be struggling to play them all.

MajorTom

Hey guys, not really sure what's been going on since I last posted but I had a quick look at the last few pages and noticed you were sharing platinum trophies so here's mine
4X06goU.jpg

JayEH

I really want to get back into DBZ. It's been forever since I watched the show. Once I saw this gif I knew it was time to get back in.

vegeta-dance-gif93us1.gif

Pinewood

Hey guys, I know Akiller told you guys about this earlier but he started a group chat for us on Telegram.

There's seven of us in the group so far but we of course want to have more. We just talk about random shit so if you're interested let me know. The link for the app is above and there's also a phone app.

Pls add. I have no idea what to do now that I have the app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom