• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rean

Some of this shit looks like DMC.
Bruh make Vergil's hair and cloak black and he's basically Noctis.

vergil-umvc3-o.gif

Uncharted is a game i play through once, and never again. Nothing against the games, as they are among some of my favorites all time. They just don't have a lot of replayability for me after that initial SP playthrough.

My time this year will be mostly consumed by:
MH4U
Bloodborne
TW3
MGSV

JayEH

Psh, FF has always been divisive.

Recall 6th gen. The disappointment, enjoyment, hype, letdowns, and fulfillment people were getting out of FFXII was insane. People bought Dragon Quest VIII just for demo.

And I needn't point out all the hubub of FFXIII before its release but here you go anyway: http://tiredgamer.ytmnd.com/

lol love this post. Thought this would be the Amir0x one though.

I laughed when some people said every MGSV is the same, but Uncharted 4 has so many innovations. Yeah Phantom Pain is ordinary Metal Gear game, right...

Yeah we had that discussion in the most anticipated game of 2015 thread.

Bricky

What does Logic change? I'm playing on "normal difficulty" and the first case was really obvious.

Higher difficulty = more truth bullets, which makes it less easy to guess which one you're supposed to use. Makes the game a bit more Ace Attorney like when it comes to figuring out the mysteries.

First case is meant as a tutorial of sorts if I remember correctly, even on mean that one is quite obvious/easy.

E: No shame in staying on lower difficulties if you're just in it for the story by the way, but mean sounds worse than it actually is and (imo) makes for a more engaging experience.

Rajang

I laughed when some people said every MGSV is the same, but Uncharted 4 has so many innovations. Yeah Phantom Pain is ordinary Metal Gear game, right...

lol

The only innovations in UC is the ability to use a rope and that you can hide in the foliage.

And chest hair being affected by the wind LOL

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
and this is what gets me worked up. It gets a pass just because it's from Naughty Dog. Let's be honest it's basically the same shit but with better graphics and a rope to swing around like Tarzan, wow how innovative. Don't even try to compare this to MGSV because MGSV is NOTHING like the old Metal Gear Solid games.

The game can't even run at 60 FPS thanks to chest hair moving in the wind. Who the fuck needs that shit anyway?

Batzi

Banned

Uncharted 4 is yet another Uncharted. I'll buy it, love it but no it did not evolve. MGSV on the other hand is totally different from MGS4 and the latter is different from MGS3 and so on. Gameplay mechanics dramatically changes from one game to the other. It's a Kojima thing to not do the same thing twice. That's why he won't bother with a Metal Gear remake.

JayEH

and this is what gets me worked up. It gets a pass just because it's from Naughty Dog. Let's be honest it's basically the same shit but with better graphics and a rope to swing around like Tarzan, wow how innovative. Don't even try to compare this to MGSV because MGSV is NOTHING like the old Metal Gear Solid games.

The game can't even run at 60 FPS thanks to chest hair moving in the wind. Who the fuck needs that shit anyway?

Don't you mean Naughty Gods?
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Every Metal Gear game is unique. None of them play like the others which is why I love them so much. Not many series can say that about themselves.

That being said, UC4 still looks cool.

Rean

The same thing can be said about a lot of games these days.

edit: I like naughty dog, but I want them to stop making uncharted after this.

Sn4ke_911

The same thing can be said about a lot of games these days.
True and this is what's sad.

No Kojima game is the same, it's always different. Why the hell can other developers not get their lazy asses up und try and do something different?

Don't even make me start talking about the asscreed or call of duty series.

No one is hating on UC4. We're talking in context to MGSV.

Exactly.

Bricky

Total bullshit.

You got baited like a damn fiddle.

Seriously though, comparing Uncharted to MGS when it comes to uniqueness is pointless. Nobody is going to argue the Uncharted games are more unique and different from each other than the (main) Metal Gear Solid games.

Ayyyyyyy real shit doe

I love the fuck out of Uncharted, but another Uncharted release is just a release of another great game.

A release of a mainline MGS is an event onto itself. It was with MGS1, it was with 2, it was with 3, it was with 4, it should had been one with PW ( but hurr durrr PSP game from some of the press/consumers ), but it will be one with V.

Or how MGSV's gameplay has finally only 'caught up' to standards of modern games.

(-__- ) smh

Rajang

So now we're hating on Uncharted up in hurr? Aight im fultoning out for the night. See you tomorrow brehs.

I don't hate Uncharted at all. I only recently played the franchise and I liked it alot.

But what Kojima Productions are doing with MGSV is far more impressive than ND with UC4, imo. And to say that MGS games have been the same is utter nonsense. Kojima Productions have made significant changes to the gameplay in every installment. And MGSV is going to have the biggest changes yet. It's going to be such a different experience compared to the previous games, look at GZ every fan needed to get used to the new mechanics and improved gameplay. There are layers and layers of cool mechanics and things you can play with in MGSV, in a huge open world. Just rewatch the TGS demos and how you can play with guards in soo many different ways. And let's not forget all the crazy Kojima details that are going to be in the game.

Batzi

Banned
Don't even make me start talking about the asscreed or call of duty series.

I love CoD but I'm very biased towards CoD so whatever. However, what disturbs me the most is the fact they call Assassin's Creed a "stealth" game when it has nothing to do with it.

Rean

The only innovations MGSV has is everything from Peace Walker.
smug.gif
Not necessarily. Peace walker was a very linear game and worked on a mission structure. MGSV is a complete open world game with the most freedom you've ever had in an MGS game.

JayEH

I'm actually reading quite a bit of trashing the game. I for one am greatly anticipating UC4 and MGSV. I'll leave it at that.

I'm just saying it isn't "we hate UC4", we're saying "UC4 looks great but it's the same old UC and comparisons to MGSV are meaningless". See you tomorrow.

Choomp

Banned
Naughty Dog games are cool but never had anything that's made them super special to me like they seem to be with everyone else. Sure, cool cinematic experiences. But the rest never seemed out sanding to me, characters/story, gameplay/puzzles. I like them as a dev but I don't see them as the definitive PlayStation experience like most people seem too, I'd much rather play something like Persona. (Which actually might be a bit weak against the argument I put up)

Not necessarily. Peace walker was a very linear games and worked on a mission structure. MGSV is a complete open world game with the most freedom you've ever had in an MGS game.

MGSV will also have a mission structure doe.

I mean, personally, I wouldn't call it complete bullshit. ( that MGSV and PW share the same foundation in their innovative roots ) If you asked me what a console version of Peace Walker would be like, but on consoles and far bigger levels, I would've envisioned TPP.

Never really been that big of a Naughty Dog fan. Their games are cool but never had anything that's made them super special to me like they seem to be with everyone else. Sure, cool cinematic experiences. But the rest never seemed out sanding to me, characters/story, gameplay/puzzles. I like them as a dev but I don't see them as the definitive PlayStation experience like most people seem too, I'd much rather play something like Persona. (Which actually might be a bit weak against the argument I put up)

Well, one of the strengths of ND ( imo, their most unstated strength ) is their efficiency and ability to deliver games consistently.

ND is often in spotlight because they make great games every 2 years.

Batzi

Banned
MGSV will also have a mission structure doe.

I mean, personally, I wouldn't call it complete bullshit. ( that MGSV and PW share the same foundation in their innovative roots ) If you asked me what a console version of Peace Walker would be like, but on consoles and far bigger levels, I would've envisioned TPP.

Thank goodness for that. I always wanted to know what it would be like if Peace Walker was made on a console instead of a portable system and my wish came true! Except there's still no release date.

Choomp

Banned
Well, one of the strengths of ND ( imo, their most unstated strength ) is their efficiency and ability to deliver games consistently.

Also a good point. I'm still very much anticipating Uncharted 4, it'll be a good game.

Rajang

I like ND alot. They are one of the best developers in the industry and can push hardware like no other. All I'm saying is that I think Kojima Productions is being far more ambitious with MGSV compared to ND with UC4.

Rean

Also a good point. I'm still very much anticipating Uncharted 4, it'll be a good game.
I really looking forward to it too. I've been burnt out on shooters for a while (last one I really played seriously was Gears 3) so I hope this game motivates me to play shooters again.

Sn4ke_911

I don't hate Uncharted at all. I only recently played the franchise and I liked it alot.

But what Kojima Productions are doing with MGSV is far more impressive than ND with UC4, imo. And to say that MGS games have been the same is utter nonsense. Kojima Productions have made significant changes to the gameplay in every installment. And MGSV is going to have the biggest changes yet. It's going to be such a different experience compared to the previous games, look at GZ every fan needed to get used to the new mechanics and improved gameplay. There are layers and layers of cool mechanics and things you can play with in MGSV, in a huge open world. Just rewatch the TGS demos and how you can play with guards in soo many different ways. And let's not forget all the crazy Kojima details that are going to be in the game.

Great post.

Just take a look at the animations. When Big Boss throws a decoy you can even see that he presses a button to activate it. And this is just a small gadget.

Asscreed Unity doesn't even have an animation to open fucking chests. They magically open themselves. This is an animation you need very often unlike the decoy from MGSV yet there is no animation.

I swear Ubisoft defenders are the worst.

Batzi

Banned
Great post.

Just take a look at the animations. When Big Boss throws a decoy you can even see that he presses a button to activate it. And this is just a small gadget.

Asscreed Unity doesn't even have an animation to open fucking chests. They magically open themselves. This is an animation you need very often unlike the decoy from MGSV yet there is no animation.

I swear Ubisoft defenders are the worst.

What else do you expect from a yearly release? They milked it in every way possible. And it's not a stealth game! :mad:

Sn4ke_911

What else do you expect from a yearly release? They milked it in every way possible. And it's not a stealth game! :mad:

They had 10 studios working on Unity and no one had the idea to implement an animation for opening chests? give me a break.

Sn4ke_911

One thing I thought was a nice touch was Snake shaking his arm when climbing.

907566168946133422.gif

Yeah just shows how much Kojima and his team care for little details like that.... i never saw any of the asscreed clowns do something like that when they climb the highest towers.

Nobody at Ubi would come up with such an idea, those guys are so redicilous.

Seriously the industry needs more people like Kojima.

JayEH

They had 10 studios working on Unity and no one had the idea to implement an animation for opening chests? give me a break.

there is one.

Yeah just shows how much Kojima and his team care for little details like that.... i never saw any of the asscreed clowns do something like that when they climb the highest towers.

We need to clone him.

Sn4ke_911

I really hope reviewers see all the little details Kojima puts into MGSV and appreciate them... and not take them for granted.

there is one.

Never seen any and watched plenty of streams. All he does is stand in front of the chest and holds circle to open... no animation, arno just stands there.

Rajang

Hahaha so true.

Ubisoft is so lazy and have this horrible open world design with the tower climbing bullshit they put in every game.

The attention to detail is amazing with Kojima games. I remember in MGS3 after the Ocelot fight you are in the dark which leaves you unable to see. But if you wait for a few minutes, the screen will very gradually become slightly lighter, to represent Snake's eyes adjusting to the dark. Or after Snake loses his eye, you have slightly less vision if you aim in first person. You could make a whole wikipedia page dedicated to these kind of details in MGS games, its incredible.

-Deimos

"Uncharted isn't bad but it's nowhere near MGS" is just as bad as shitting on the game. It makes yourself and the entire community look bad when you post that kind of shit in other threads.

If you don't think another game is as good as your favorite, don't bother letting people know. It's obnoxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom