• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Hahaha so true.

Ubisoft is so lazy and have this horrible open world design with the tower climbing bullshit they put in every game.

The attention to detail is amazing with Kojima games. I remember in MGS3 after the Ocelot fight you are in the dark which leaves you unable to see. But if you wait for a few minutes, the screen will very gradually become slightly lighter, to represent Snake's eyes adjusting to the dark. Or after Snake loses his eye, you have slightly less vision if you aim in first person. You could make a whole wikipedia page dedicated to these kind of details in MGS games, its incredible.

Great example!

As i said i hope reviewers appreciate those little details like taking a shower to wash the blood from you... the blood doesn't magically disappear like in most games, nope you must take a shower. And not cry about how little Quiet is wearing bla bla....

As i said i hope reviewers appreciate those little details like taking a shower to wash the blood from you... the blood doesn't magically disappear like in most games, nope you must take a shower. And not cry about how little Quiet is wearing bla bla....

I remember how some of the Giantbomb folks joked that when streaming MGS that "did Kojima just sit on a finished game for a 'period of time', while he added all sorts of little details/easter eggs just for the heck of it?"

Now, it was clearly a joke, but at times, it does feel like all these very minuscule, hardly noticed by many pieces will just get ignored, and not put out there as a benchmark of how much more other devs can improve on the 'little things.'

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

JayEH

I remember how some of the Giantbomb folks joked that when streaming MGS that "did Kojima just sit on a finished game for a 'period of time', while he added all sorts of little details/easter eggs just for the heck of it?"

Now, it was clearly a joke, but at times, it does feel like all these very minuscule, hardly noticed by many pieces will just get ignored, and not put out there as a benchmark of how much more other devs can improve on the 'little things.'

Yeah I remember that. I've heard before (and I don't have a source nor remember where I heard it) that Kojima makes everyone on the team add an easter egg to the game. Going off everything in the games I don't doubt it.

Bricky

Not necessarily. Peace walker was a very linear game and worked on a mission structure. MGSV is a complete open world game with the most freedom you've ever had in an MGS game.

I know, I know. Looks like I accidentally made a tongue-in-cheek post on the page where this thread magically turned into a serious discussion. :p

Why the hell can other developers not get their lazy asses up und try and do something different?
Just take a look at the animations. When Big Boss throws a decoy you can even see that he presses a button to activate it. And this is just a small gadget.

Asscreed Unity doesn't even have an animation to open fucking chests. They magically open themselves. This is an animation you need very often unlike the decoy from MGSV yet there is no animation.

I swear Ubisoft defenders are the worst.
Yeah just shows how much Kojima and his team care for little details like that.... i never saw any of the asscreed clowns do something like that when they climb the highest towers.

Nobody at Ubi would come up with such an idea, those guys are so redicilous.

Seriously the industry needs more people like Kojima.

Sorry, but I think you're being hyperbolic and nitpicky here Sn4ke_911. Kojima is king when it comes to attention to detail, no doubt about it. He goes above and beyond for that and MGS is known and loved for this, but let's not act like that is supposed to be the industry standard.

Animation is a weird thing to call Ubisoft out on. They put alot of effort into their animation especially in the AC series. The freerunning animations in Unity are incredibly impressive (to the point where they sadly prioritized their fanciness over practically, but that is besides the point). There are more than enough good reasons to hate Ubisoft, including disliking their games, but there is no reason to act like the absence of a proper chest opening animation is a big deal that makes them incompetent developers.

You can't complain about Ubisoft defenders when you're basically being equally unreasonable about issues.

Dawg

Sn4ke, are u crazy

If I have to wait 7 years for every game just so we can have the same amount of detail as MGS V, I ain't got nothin' to play left!

Rean

Remember guys, ubisoft is the only developer Kojima trusts to run the Metal Gear franchise after he does.
Ubisoft could probably do a better job with MGS than Kojima anyway.
AwesomeFaceSmugSmall.png

Dawg

When is Destination PlayStation exactly starting? Strange how there is so little info to find online.

Maybe I'll hear something MGS-related through my sekrit Sony contacts.

JayEH

When is Destination PlayStation exactly starting? Strange how there is so little info to find online.

Maybe I'll hear something MGS-related through my sekrit Sony contacts.

Well, since it isn't a public event there's not going to be much info. Anyway Batzi said tomorrow

Chinner

Banned
just finished learning japanese.

"And get it sent in mission " support box" is to be a "paper cardboard " was strengthened because precarious is endurance by weather w"

Rean

Yea that thing on his back appears to be an anti vehicle weapon. It just looks pretty unique I don't think I've seen something like it before.

JayEH

So if that is Afghanistan that means there will probably be more missions after Africa. Side ops? Most definitely. but what about story missions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom