• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rean

image.php

Chinner

Banned
Naughty Dawgs: The Prequel
There was a distinctive air in the night, the mood was undecided as there was none to identify by. This wasn’t unintentional, as they didn’t want you to remember, they didn’t want you to recall; there was never will be anything. It’s a misconception by some to think that you’re hidden when you’re in the shadows, but to be hidden is to still exist, and to be expected by those who know how to look.

“Who are your sources” A voice stated, there was no echo in this room.

“You…You know I can’t tell you that. It would violate the trust I have built”

“Five days ago, you posted on GAF that MGSV will be released in June. You claim to have sources that you will not share, what gives you the privileged to remain in the lihjy while the rest of us are in the dark? Let me ask you a question, Batzi”

Batzi couldn’t see anything, after all a bag was on his head and he was restrained.
Sight is only just one of your senses, and Batzi could tell without it that his captor had left himself vulnerable with his delay.

“Do you think I am a fool?”

“Cipher Cat, I don’t think you are a fool. I just can’t tell you these things, this isn’t anything against you. I just can’t say” Batzi bargained, but his hand was empty.
His response was met with silence.

“This may surprise you, but torture is not about extracting pain but exposing weakness.”
Silence again. Then, the chair that Batzi was tied to was thrown back and he could feel that he was on his back. The door opened. He could hear the sound of several footsteps come in, and although he couldn't tell how many there must have been over 10 more bodies.

He had an audience.

Suddenly, water was poured over his face and he could no longer breathe. It took a moment for him to realize that he was being water boarded. He felt he was at the bottom of the ocean, desperately trying to swim upwards to escape but it was a lie; there was no ocean, and he wasn’t really drowning. His mind was being deceived, but the effect was still the same.

Something was different. In the background, the sound of a zip could be heard, it echoed in the room yet he knew there was no echo and it was the repetition of it. He listened further, and the sound of gear could be heard falling to the floor, and then, the sound of rubbing and thrashing.

Batzi continue his descent to the bottom of the sea, and he continued to fight for his last breath. The mind is an incredible thing he thought to himself, it even recreated how salty the sea was.

sexyelder

+ Great choice of music
+ Good synchronized editing between music and video (I hope that sentence makes sense)
+ First minute builds up quite nicely
+ Some good transitions (Loved the Venom Snake camera upwards to Old Snake at 0:45 in particular)

- Video drags on after the first minute. There is no clear climax, no clear story being told halfway through. It all feels like slow buildup to nothing, which isn't very engaging.
(This is obviously hard to get right with only a select amount of footage from MGSV to work with though)
- Some of the footage you chose (from MGS4 in particular) either feels random/without purpose or simply doesn't work all that well (Drebin chase felt off, didn't like 2:07 to 2:22).

Hope you don't mind some detailed constructive critisism, just trying to be honest. :)

I know im late on responding but thanks for the feedback :) I made the entire video within 2 hours so maybe not my best work. I may do a recut later and spend more time on the second half

Skullface

Nothing would change for me. I am getting used to it already.

7686178464_fdc8ea66c7.jpg

I'm already getting used to the disappointments tbh

Funny how your responses were so similar. I haven't looked forward to anything since the Silent Hills reveal event. That was a huge let down since I've never been interested in that IP and I thought it took up way too much time. For some reason I feel a feeling about this feel I have that I have a feeling that we might get some news that instigates positive feels.

Bricky

I know im late on responding but thanks for the feedback :) I made the entire video within 2 hours so maybe not my best work. I may do a recut later and spend more time on the second half

You kinda make me want to create my own fan trailer. Seems like a fun little project and I've never done such a thing before.

*Creative self-challenge accepted*

Skullface

Will just maintain hype on Bloodborne. I know when that's coming. I'll let MGS surprise me. I don't want to miss the hype in the thread for it's announcement though. Wooooooooooooo

You'll miss nothing. Once you catch wind of any news you'll have months to celebrate before the release.

Ill smack myself over and over again yelling hurt me more snake!

"I-I'm losing myself!"

Who's your favorite?

69.gif

TInky Winky is the only correct answer.

Batzi

Banned
How will everyone react if we get no news tomorrow?

If you're relying on Destination Playstation then forget it. The only way we're getting news from there is if someone leaks it. It's a private event.

Now I'm not sure what GameTrailers is going to reveal tomorrow but it could be anything really.

Skullface

If you're relying on Destination Playstation then forget it. The only way we're getting news from there is if someone leaks it. It's a private event.

Now I'm not sure what GameTrailers is going to reveal tomorrow but it could be anything really.

I'm not relying on anything, but in my heart of hearts I have this feeling we'll get something, if only the announcement of an announcement. This feel... This feely feel. This feely feel that... Feels...

I think the age of websites revealing games is over.

I'm not relying on anything, but in my heart of hearts I have this feeling we'll get something, if only the announcement of an announcement. This feel... This feely feel. This feely feel that... Feels...

Someone add the Cobra Unit The Feel picture please! Can't find!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom