• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ok LD I laughed.

2015-02-2319_59_49-ka6cukx.png

Bricky

I blame Kojima for the tension in this thread. Why does he post so much delicious looking food on his Twitter? STOP MAKING US HUNGRY KOJIMA! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

Lately he seems to be enjoying the Moomins by the way, which is awesome.

Cn4MLin.png

Dawg

I'm laughing my ass off seeing YongYea bring up all these "arguments" as to why he thought the Batzi video was legit.

This made my day.

Kek.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Hey MGS-GAF, for some reason I feel compelled to get a Solid Snake / Big Boss figure for this one empty corner on my home office shelf. But I haven't bought an action figure in like 15 years so I'm not really sure what's out there or what's good.

I was thinking of this Venom Snake one - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NOFGK4I/?tag=neogaf0e-20 - anyone here have it?

I do not have it, don't trust anyone saying otherwise.

Hey MGS-GAF, for some reason I feel compelled to get a Solid Snake / Big Boss figure for this one empty corner on my home office shelf. But I haven't bought an action figure in like 15 years so I'm not really sure what's out there or what's good.

I was thinking of this Venom Snake one - http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NOFGK4I/?tag=neogaf0e-20 - anyone here have it?

That face does not look great. I would recommend waiting for this.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MF10443&mode=retail

Ibuki

Banned

I really want to get it. I'd be afraid to take it out of the box for display though.

Skullface

Oh the memories. I felt so bad for Yong. He actually did 3 videos in total.

Batzi, is that really you? You seem to have a similar body type. Are you legend? I fell hard for that video. And also that creepy live action "teaser" with the subliminal messages.

Batzi

Banned
If you want a good archive of news I'd just suggest Metal Gear Informer unless you insist on your news being tediously padded out in video format.

He's De_Gamer95 from IGN. I know him from there, I feed him information once in a while. He's really cool. He updates his site with every detail he can find regarding the series. A dedicated Metal Gear fan.

Skullface

I always knew that you had never played a metal gear game.

Full confession, it was all a lie. I never played Metal Gear on NES as a child. I never read the Worlds of Power novelisation. I never played Metal Gear Solid on Playstation as I was holding out for the PSX. I finally played MGS for the first time last week on Bleemcast!. Metal Gear Solid 2-4 are simply myths, hallucinations caused by Psycho Mantis. I was really a Splinter Cell fan all these years posing as a fan to troll you all. I is Skullface.

He's De_Gamer95 from IGN. I know him from there, I feed him information once in a while. He's really cool. He updates his site with every detail he can find regarding the series. A dedicated Metal Gear fan.

It's great for searching for old TPP stories when I can't quite remember the details too.

Batzi

Banned
Batzi, is that really you? You seem to have a similar body type. Are you legend? I fell hard for that video. And also that creepy live action "teaser" with the subliminal messages.

Yep that's me. Why else do you think I have this avatar? In fact, if you go to the original video here I make it clear in the description.

Batzi

Banned
Hey Batzi this is random, but what did you say to Kojima when you met him?

I told him that I flew all the way from the Middle East to NYC just to see him. I used to live in Lebanon back in the days. That was during PW's launch btw.

Full confession, it was all a lie. I never played Metal Gear on NES as a child. I never read the Worlds of Power novelisation. I never played Metal Gear Solid on Playstation as I was holding out for the PSX. I finally played MGS for the first time last week on Bleemcast!. Metal Gear Solid 2-4 are simply myths, hallucinations caused by Psycho Mantis. I was really a Splinter Cell fan all these years posing as a fan to troll you all. I is Skullface.

Confession. I don't know what a video game is. I only post here hoping that someday somebody is going to tell me.

Skullface

Confession. I don't know what a video game is. I only post here hoping that someday somebody is going to tell me.

Seriously, read the Worlds of Power MG1 novel if ever you get the chance. They refer to Foxhound as "The Snake Men". In one funny scene, Snake finds some cigarettes and is tempted to take them, but he decides that perhaps they were poisoned and left as a trap. Top kek

Bricky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWcfXlOyi48

New MGS V trailer I made, what do you guys think?

+ Great choice of music
+ Good synchronized editing between music and video (I hope that sentence makes sense)
+ First minute builds up quite nicely
+ Some good transitions (Loved the Venom Snake camera upwards to Old Snake at 0:45 in particular)

- Video drags on after the first minute. There is no clear climax, no clear story being told halfway through. It all feels like slow buildup to nothing, which isn't very engaging.
(This is obviously hard to get right with only a select amount of footage from MGSV to work with though)
- Some of the footage you chose (from MGS4 in particular) either feels random/without purpose or simply doesn't work all that well (Drebin chase felt off, didn't like 2:07 to 2:22).

Hope you don't mind some detailed constructive critisism, just trying to be honest. :)

Gud nite mgs-gaf

For real

Dawg is the Peter Molyneux of making true on promises of going to sleep.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom