• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

I missed the PS2 games completely since I was mainly a PC gamer back then, so since new year I've finished MGS 2, 3, 4 and PW. Just...wow. I feel empty now.

Play GZ!

DD patch is always on the left side. The right side is customizable.

I'm guessing that changes throughout the game. In one trailer Big Boss has the MSF logo on his left which is what it should be since American military practice is to put your former unit on your left patch and current on right. So why is DD on the left then?

Akiller

5FkpDn3.jpg
10/10 would chopper again.

Batzi

Banned
Play GZ!

I'm guessing that changes throughout the game. In one trailer Big Boss has the MSF logo on his left which is what it should be since American military practice is to put your former unit on your left patch and current on right. So why is DD on the left then?
I bet that trailer was pre-TPP. If MSF was on the left in that trailer, I bet you FOX was on the right.
Shouldn't right side be former unit only? I guess it's cool to have a custom patch on BB, but technically it should be MSF right?

And yes the right is the former unit. Left is current.

JayEH

Yeah I got the sides mixed up. Still makes no sense why Raging Ravens would be a former unit when it should be MSF.

Dibbs

Nothing quite like it, huh?

Nothing! And MGS4 is a behemoth of a game, I can't believe it was made in 2008, it still looks awesome. I played it back then but never got the feeling of it because I hadn't played 2 or 3 (only 1 for PSX). I'll be having trouble enjoying other games now, nothing I've played for the last years got to me like this.

Dawg

You should get off off-topic, Infinity Patriot. The thread is already getting filled with conspiracy nuts and whatnot. There are some people in there offering good advice (maybe PM them?) but it's not worth it, dude. Some things you better keep to yourself. Off-topic is a bad place to for relationship discussing. More often than not, it only makes things worse. Sure, there are some good people out there, but also doubters, cynical posters and guys who will make fun of you and play detective-GAF.

Not worth it.

edit: you are also posting some weird and questionable things, don't make it worse, bro.

You should get off off-topic, Infinity Patriot. The thread is already getting filled with conspiracy nuts and whatnot. There are some people in there offering good advice (maybe PM them?) but it's not worth it, dude. Some things you better keep to yourself. Off-topic is a bad place to for relationship discussing. More often than not, it only makes things worse. Sure, there are some good people out there, but also doubters, cynical posters and guys who will make fun of you and play detective-GAF.

Not worth it.
+1

Palpable

Not worth it.

edit: you are also posting some weird and questionable things, don't make it worse, bro.

It was my mistake for not filling in all the holes. Little did I know that many of those cynical people would pick at every little air pocket they could find. Believe me, right once I clicked 'submit', I regretted it.

Also I have swore off social media, partly due to what it does to relationships. If someone knows of a girl who doesn't have a facebook acct, please point her in my direction.

JayEH

Also I have swore off social media, partly due to what it does to relationships. If someone knows of a girl who doesn't have a facebook acct, please point her in my direction.

High five!

Me too, I got off FB after my last break up and off Twitter last year because of just random BS.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Not worth it.

You know why people react like this? because it's the 3rd thread now on this shit. One got locked, the other deleted.

The other threads were completely fine where people really tried to help him but there comes a point if someone doesn't want to listen like a little child you keep telling him not to do it but he does it anyway.

People gave him all the advice they can, it's a pointless discussion from now on.

Dawg

It was my mistake for not filling in all the holes. Little did I know that many of those cynical people would pick at every little air pocket they could find. Believe me, right once I clicked 'submit', I regretted it.

NeoGAF can be a good place. A helpful place for your problems. But once things backfire, you'll know it. And you'll feel it. I've been on the receiving end quite a few times. You never know who's on the other end of the discussion. It might sound silly, but sometimes I wonder "what if I'm talking with an asshole? an idiot? a crazy person?"

That sounds kinda weird, but you never know. It's why I usually decide to end a discussion once I see the other guy doesn't respect me or listen to my arguments.

Palpable

You know why people react like this? because it's the 3rd thread now on this shit. One got locked, the other deleted.

The other threads were completely fine where people really tried to help him but there comes a point if someone doesn't want to listen like a little child you keep telling him not to do it but he does it anyway.

People gave him all the advice they can, it's a pointless discussion from now on.

All this coming from you whom jumped in the thread once, MAYBE twice, and now you know all.

I should have been more specific. A girl that is not interested in social media.

I understood, my bad.

NeoGAF can be a good place. A helpful place for your problems. But once things backfire, you'll know it. And you'll feel it. I've been on the receiving end quite a few times. You never know who's on the other end of the discussion. It might sound silly, but sometimes I wonder "what if I'm talking with an asshole? an idiot? a crazy person?"

That sounds kinda weird, but you never know. It's why I usually decide to end a discussion once I see the other guy doesn't respect me or listen to my arguments.

Yeah you're quite right. Know of any nice/understanding mods I can PM that will lock/delete it for me?

Dawg

I realize that. Which is why I understand IP saying he might get juniored. Maybe that is for the best.

Getting juniored myself made me realize some things as well.

Sn4ke_911

All this coming from you whom jumped in the thread once, MAYBE twice, and now you know all.

I understood, my bad.

Yeah you're quite right. Know of any nice/understanding mods I can PM that will lock/delete it for me?

lol i was subscribed to those threads, i've read it all.

Sn4ke_911

Jesus... why?

because i cared about you and was hoping you would take the advice people gave you in those threads and would change something? but no look at you, you learned nothing from it, you keep ignoring what people told you to do.
Sorry man but that's the truth you're still where you started.

Palpable

because i cared about you and was hoping you would take the advice people gave you in those threads and would change something? but no look at you, you learned nothing from it, you keep ignoring what people told you to do.
Sorry man but that's the truth you're still where you started.

To be fair, I had learned a lot from what people said. I took their advice as best I could. It's a lot easier to say 'take this advice', but so much harder to actually do so when you're in a fucked state of mind. Like I said, I was recovering, then she decided to barge back into my life taking jabs at me. Only today did I learn that it was because she was 'trying to not hate me'. Yeah... right.

MajorTom

To be fair, I had learned a lot from what people said. I took their advice as best I could. It's a lot easier to say 'take this advice', but so much harder to actually do so when you're in a fucked state of mind. Like I said, I was recovering, then she decided to barge back into my life taking jabs at me. Only today did I learn that it was because she was 'trying to not hate me'. Yeah... right.
First step is to completely remove her from your life

Dawg

She got to you. You should have blocked her right there and then. But you didn't. Don't you realize what you are doing? You are proving her right by doing this stuff. If you honestly think she is wrong, you should have cut contact with her. Make her realize she is just talking to a wall. Don't reply. In a way, it's already too late. If you blocked her when she was making shitty twitter comments, she would realize nobody is reading them and when she would look at your profile, she'd knew you blocked her for that shit.

Sn4ke_911

First step is to completely remove her from your life

!!!!

That's what people always tell him but he doesn't listen.

Stop carrying if she thinks you've been a bad boyfriend or whatever. As i said in the other thread, delete and ignore her from everything then you can move on until then not a chance.

Edit: Great new page

MajorTom

She is removed from all aspects of my life, minus my mind. That's where the challenge comes in.
It's hard man, it might never happen. Or you might just one day wake up and realise that she doesn't mean shit and that you don't care anymore. Best thing to do is to keep yourself busy.
Some people say that the best way to get over someone is to get under someone new.
This is not true at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom