• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
B-rkEHsVIAAkTQk.jpg:large

does this mean that we now have months of these mech pictures :V

Dawg

That Raiden with the red lightning is pretty cool.

Too bad I'm limited to dog avatars! I'm sure brau will impress me tho.

Bricky

Just woke up, mornin' MGS-GAF.

That's the mech that also makes an appearence in the Online trailer right?

That was fucking awesome.

The modesty is strong in this one.

Haha, guess I'm just a bit self-critical. Glad you guys liked it! <3

In any case, I was curious for the people making their fan-made trailers, may I ask:

1. What program do you guys prefer for editing footage?

2. Where are you receiving this footage? Downloaded from Youtube or higher quality source?

1. Premiere Pro.
2. I tried to find high-res footage for which I know Gamersyde to be a good source, had to download everything that isn't on there from Youtube. Latter isn't optimal, but I had a hard time finding other decent downloadable sources in the case of MGSV footage.

Dawg

Just woke up, mornin' MGS-GAF.

That's the mech that also makes an appearence in the Online trailer right?

Haha, guess I'm just a bit self-critical. Glad you guys liked it! <3

1. Premiere Pro.
2. I tried to find high-res footage for which I know Gamersyde to be a good source, had to download everything that isn't on there from Youtube. Latter isn't optimal, but I had a hard time finding other decent downloadable sources in the case of MGSV footage.

Not just the online trailer, E3 Red Band 2013 as well.

Couldn't it be the same mech, just with different customization?

It shares many similarities.

Sure, the legs and torso are basically identical. and as someone mentioned above, it could be similar to ZEKE in PW.

But, I was pointing out that they aren't the exact same ones in both trailers.

Dawg

I'd like to recommend Code Geass to everyone here btw. Just finished it. What an experience. I'll be sure to miss watching it every single night.

The main character also goes full demon.

Nibel

Imagine being able to use an actual Metal Gear?

I mean, there seems to be enough space in each location and you could already build one in Peace Walker, so..

I'd like to recommend Code Geass to everyone here btw. Just finished it. What an experience. I'll be sure to miss watching it every single night.

Watched it while it was airing live in Japan.

The shows has its ups-and-downs (second half was a bit more erratic), but it's unquestionably a highly entertaining experience. (I liked it a lot, but I can empathise with those who think it's not )

There's something about Geass that other shows that tried to replicate that same kind of "vibe" doesn't do anywhere close as well.

Bricky

Read some recommendations for it after watching Death Note, if it has the official Dawg seal of approval™ I might check it out.

Dawg

Watched it while it was airing live in Japan.

The shows has its ups-and-downs (second half was a bit more erratic), but it's unquestionably a highly entertaining experience. (I liked it a lot, but I can empathise with those who think it's not )

There's something about Geass that other shows that tried to replicate that same kind of "vibe" doesn't do anywhere close as well.

Read some recommendations for it after watching Death Note, if it has the official Dawg seal of approval&#8482; I might check it out.

Nightengale has a good summary.

It shared a lot of Death Note themes in the first season, too.

It's probably in my top 3 now but I still have to watch a lot of other stuff!

Imagine being able to use an actual Metal Gear?

I mean, there seems to be enough space in each location and you could already build one in Peace Walker, so..

Not to mention in MGS4
Rex vs Ray.

Man imagine piloting the TX-55 AGAINST Solid Snake?! OH MAN.
Also, people keep saying it looks like Zeke but I only see a passing resemblance in the legs and railgun. To me it really looks like a blend of MG Zeke, Rex, and the TX-55.

Actually it's interesting in that new tweet, if you look close at the miniMG it has a gatling gun, arms, and different legs than the ones we've seen before, it's bigger and looks more mobile.

My personal complaint about Geass was that it too quickly eschews the very distinct style it had, in favour of a more generic 'flying mechs with awesome weapons.' pace of technological evolution stuff like Gundam shows do.

The last episode's throwback to the core of the roller-blade and grappling-hook based mech combat was great.

Dawg

Persona 5 and Metal Gear Solid V in the same year...

If it wasn't for me playing P4G earlier this year (thanks to everyone recommending it), I wouldn't be as excited. So, that's a good thing.

Dawg

My personal complaint about Geass was that it too quickly eschews the very distinct style it had, in favour of a more generic 'flying mechs with awesome weapons.' pace of technological evolution stuff like Gundam shows do.

The last episode's throwback to the core of the roller-blade and grappling-hook based mech combat was great.

At one point, battles were decided by who had the coolest "secret weapon" mech :p

what are you watching next?

FMA:B.

If it wasn't for me playing P4G earlier this year (thanks to everyone recommending it), I wouldn't be as excited. So, that's a good thing.

Would P5 be a good place to jump in at for a new Persona player?

I'm thinking about grabbing P5, so I can have as many V's in my collection as possible.

When is it coming anyway? Man my life is gladly going to be sucked into these games lol. It's been so shitty, I just need to take a sabbatical for a couple years and figure myself out and try to enjoy life again.

JayEH

Would P5 be a good place to jump in at for a new Persona player?

I'm thinking about grabbing P5, so I can have as many V's in my collection as possible.

When is it coming anyway? Man my life is gladly going to be sucked into these games lol. It's been so shitty, I just need to take a sabbatical for a couple years and figure myself out and try to enjoy life again.

all of them are stand alone so you can jump in whenever.

Your excitement for MGSV, your LTTP for Persona 4G (and TLoU) was what cemented you (imo) "Dawg of Impeccable Taste."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom