• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
all of them are stand alone so you can jump in whenever.

Well that's good to know, I'm just tired of Pat talking about the Personas on TBFP all the time and never getting it, especially in threads here on GAF with others too.

Here's a list of what I'm picking up:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt(PC)
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain(PS4/PC)
Bloodborne CE(PS4)
Batman: Arkham Knight(PC)
Persona 5
FFXV

Yes, P3+P4 share the same universe but the stories are disconnected, until you get to the Arena games.

Pretty sure they said P5 will be completely removed from the P3+P4 fiction.

Did they? I don't recall that.

Anyway, there's an overarching 'canon' across the Persona 3/4 universe, but it's really side-story stuff for the super-dedicated fans who want to see more of their favourite P3/4 characters post-the-main story.

But there's no 'Avengers Assemble' moment in the Persona canon. Not yet, at least.

JayEH

Did they? I don't recall that.

Anyway, there's an overarching 'canon' across the Persona 3/4 universe, but it's really side-story stuff for the super-dedicated fans who want to see more of their favourite P3/4 characters post-the-main story.

But there's no 'Avengers Assemble' moment in the Persona canon. Not yet, at least.

isn't that Arena and Q though? those are canon.

Dawg

Your excitement for MGSV, your LTTP for Persona 4G (and TLoU) was what cemented you (imo) "Dawg of Impeccable Taste."

It's what I miss the most now. Not being able to make LTTP threads anymore. I was planning to make one about Code Geass :(

That reminds me, seeing your avatar... Berserk is my favourite anime. Even better manga. The music from the anime is exceptional though. But damn. I know many people wouldn't put Berserk on top. But I truly believe it is the best.

griffith did nothing wrong

isn't that Arena and Q though? those are canon.

When I use the Avengers analogy, I'm speaking in the perspective of a mainline Persona game that is a direct sequel to 3/4, utilising the core characters in a major story arc.

Sure, the cast has canonically met each other, etc via Arena, etc, but none of the storylines addressed there directly hint towards there a mothership title where the cast of 3/4 will have a bonafide Avengers moment.

It's what I miss the most now. Not being able to make LTTP threads anymore. I was planning to make one about Code Geass :(

That reminds me, seeing your avatar... Berserk is my favourite anime. Even better manga. The music from the anime is exceptional though. But damn. I know many people wouldn't put Berserk on top. But I truly believe it is the best.

he literally fucked over his friends in the worst way possible. Griffith did everything wrong.

Dawg

Something about the ending of Code Geass that I thought was hilarious:

Jeremiah working at an orange farm. It's subtle. Most people might miss it. So good though.

Funny easter egg type stuff can still happen over the radio, and it can easily be context sensitive like in ground zeroes (press radio button based on what you're seeing, etc).

I like this but I wish Big Boss responded to whatever Kaz was saying. He doesn't say anything, which I don't like. It should be like in the tapes, where Big Boss responds occasionally.

Nibel

Not to mention in MGS4
Rex vs Ray.

Man imagine piloting the TX-55 AGAINST Solid Snake?! OH MAN.

Also, people keep saying it looks like Zeke but I only see a passing resemblance in the legs and railgun. To me it really looks like a blend of MG Zeke, Rex, and the TX-55.

Actually it's interesting in that new tweet, if you look close at the miniMG it has a gatling gun, arms, and different legs than the ones we've seen before, it's bigger and looks more mobile.

What are the chances that we can customize our robot units?

Oh man oh man oh man

Bricky

http://strawpoll.me/3729157

I have created a poll i am Not Biased here
AwesomeFaceSmugSmall.png

These polls and their results are getting predictable. We need some new, more debatable topics like this.
AwesomeFaceSmugSmall.png

I like this but I wish Big Boss responded to whatever Kaz was saying. He doesn't say anything, which I don't like. It should be like in the tapes, where Big Boss responds occasionally.

i have a feeling we may get some BB radio chatter back and forth during certain moments of the game

i have a feeling we may get some BB radio chatter back and forth during certain moments of the game

I would love this, especially since we'd normally stay still when using the Intel option to get information - there could easily be some dialogue there. If this happened, it could easily fill the codec void for me.

Akiller

MGSX:The Phantom Chronicles :smugface:

If you think about it, TPP Will be basically Berserk.

Dawg

Never really felt any similarities besides the dark tone. The combat is too slow to be comparable to berserk.

Brah, you for real? Look at some of the weapons, armor, bosses and general design/art similarities.

Hell, the demon dog is in Bloodborne :p

I agree with the combat though.

I think I just spotted a new gun on the back wall of the chopper in the first picture, some kind of rifle with a G36C or K style stock(looks more like a K style stock actually), folding grip and a suppressor, and it's too dark to say but I think I see an AK style 75 round drum magazine.

Never really felt any similarities besides the dark tone. The combat is too slow to be comparable to berserk.

Well it's mostly an aesthetics thing, there's a greatsword you can get in the game that looks like the sword Guts uses.

I need to get back to reading.

Artorias%20and%20Guts.jpg

Oh man, the fight with Artorias is amazing(he is also basically Griffith), really forces you to play outside your style if you are shitty at blocking/parrying or dodging and get better at the game.

I beat him though.. Felt amazing until I figured out the distances to spam out his attacks that leave him open for some shots with my Black Knight Sword.

Dawg

Still haven't played Dark Souls 2. And I've only played a few hours of the first Dark Souls. Still remember beating a Black Knight and getting his OP sword.

I just stunned that fucker and did perfect parries so he kept falling on the ground :lol

Berserk is an amazing series, but I think what's even more amazing is how many 'iconic' panels are in it.

I don't say this out of disrespect to many artist, but throughout a course of an entire manga, comic, etc's run, I'd say it's hard to have many memorable panels that will eventually become a mainstay 'visual-res' that's representative of the title. IMO, any visual medium would be lucky to have more than 5 of such things,

Eg. stuff like Hokuto no Ken's "You Are Already Dead", or Big Boss Salute. An image that's so iconic within a single piece of story medium.

Berserk has so many memorable ones. The fact that the Eclipse alone has like 3 to 4 of said iconic, title-defining visuals speaks to how talented Miura is as an artist.

Still haven't played Dark Souls 2. And I've only played a few hours of the first Dark Souls. Still remember beating a Black Knight and getting his OP sword.

I just stunned that fucker and did perfect parries so he kept falling on the ground :lol

Just play DS1, DS2 is made by From's B-team and to be honest it's a piece of shit.

The hitbox detection is bullshit, the enemies are bullshit, the bosses suck.

DeS/Dark Souls are the best in the series
until we get Bloodborne. UMBASA AND PRAISE JESUS, BECAUSE THE TIME WILL SOOM COME AND SO WILL I.

More like McGrumps CIA Cat.

Dawg

Berserk is an amazing series, but I think what's even more amazing is how many 'iconic' panels are in it.

I don't say this out of disrespect to many artist, but throughout a course of an entire manga, comic, etc's run, I'd say it's hard to have many memorable panels that will eventually become a mainstay 'visual-res' that's representative of the title. IMO, any visual medium would be lucky to have more than 5 of such things,

Eg. stuff like Hokuto no Ken's "You Are Already Dead", or Big Boss Salute. An image that's so iconic within a single piece of story medium.

Berserk has so many memorable ones. The fact that the Eclipse alone has like 3 to 4 of said iconic, title-defining visuals speaks to how talented Miura is as an artist.

You could analyze a single page of Berserk for hours and still find new details.

Miura, you magnificent bastard.

Dawg

I was kinda planning to get DaS2 later this year when the PS4 version is on sale and I have nothing else to play.

This is a piece of shit.

Ride_to_Hell.jpg

And so is this:

Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg

And This:

Metal_Gear_Solid_Peace_Walker_Cover_Art.jpg

For multiple reasons, some good ideas but again too many bad ones, too much grinding.

I think TPP will find the right balance and give us exactly what we've all been waiting for.
MGO3 :smugface: Just kidding! I'm all about the Campaign too. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom