• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love this, especially since we'd normally stay still when using the Intel option to get information - there could easily be some dialogue there. If this happened, it could easily fill the codec void for me.

yeah. i mean, i have no evidence to support it, but i would think as long as enemies aren't around, BB could respond to some of the radio chatter. hell, part of the opening cutscene of ground zeroes is BB and kaz on the radio

Dawg

「MGSV」はリニアではなく、オープンワールドを使った自由潜入。マップが広大なだけでなく、潜入ルートも諜報アプローチも時間も装備も輸送手段もユーザーに委ねられる。辻褄を合わせた上で自発的自由を補償しないといけない。今やっているのは自由度を妨げず、表出化した問題をクリアにしている。

What is Kojima saying? Something about MGS V being "lineair open world" ?

tumblr_m86rz2BhU71qft92go1_500.gif

Nope, I've always disliked PW and PO quite heavily outside of a few mechanics.

Those mechanics being:

Motherbase Development, fulton
Multi CQC

Other than that, PW can take a hike. I love Kojima's games and I support his vision 100%, I have the same problem with Kubrick and Eyes Wide Shut. Just didn't like it, especially since it was basically Snake Eater Lite.

Actually funnily enough I kind of like some of the AI story bits, but it still got a bit OTT and David Hayter ruined PW for me with his horrible voicework compared to other entries in the series.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

No, it absolutely isn't.

Granted, DS2 isn't as good as either of the other games, but those are games that many on the internet/GAF consider pinnacles of the last generation. DS1 had a huge influence on other games that followed. Those are big boots to fill. That's why people are overly harsh about it. Compare it to, I dunno, any Dragon Age game or even Witcher 2 and you'll find that in a lot of ways it more than holds up.

No, it absolutely isn't.

Granted, DS2 isn't as good as either of the other games, but those are games that many on the internet/GAF consider pinnacles of the last generation. DS1 had a huge influence on other games that followed. Those are big boots to fill. That's why people are overly harsh about it. Compare it to, I dunno, any Dragon Age game or even Witcher 2 and you'll find that in a lot of ways it more than holds up.

Here:

Ok, Dark Souls 2 for itself isn't shit. But compared to Dark Souls 1 it is a total downgrade. No improvements at all.

JayEH

" MGSV " is not a linear and free infiltrate it with the open world . Map not only vast , also transport means sneak route also intelligence approach and time equipment also is left to the user . Do not do not compensate for the spontaneous freedom in terms of the combined makes sense . Are you doing now is not interfere with the freedom , you have to clear the was externalization problem ."

What would that mean? Mafia 2 style?

i think it's referring to missions having a set area in which to operate. so you have these gigantic open worlds to free-roam, but when you start a mission it will have a ground zeroes-ish sandbox area that you're limited to. kojima has talked about this before

What is Kojima saying? Something about MGS V being "lineair open world" ?

Google Translate:
" MGSV " is not a linear and free infiltrate it with the open world . Map not only vast , also transport means sneak route also intelligence approach and time equipment also is left to the user . Do not do not compensate for the spontaneous freedom in terms of the combined makes sense . Are you doing now is not interfere with the freedom , you have to clear the was externalization problem .

What does this gibberish mean? Here's my whack at it:

• MGSV isn't linear, and you can freely sneak and infiltrate across the map
  • Not only is the map vast, sometimes requiring transport, but can also be filled with Danger. It's improtant to collect intelligence, but with freedom of choice placed upon the player while still guiding them along the story path and not take them out of the experience.

Are you guys playing the no kill route, or do you guys don't give a shit?

I usually go nonlethal, no alerts for my first Playthrough and get as many as the easter eggs/collectibles as possible. Then I do whatever on my other playthroughs but I almost always never end up killing guards anymore for some reason in most games if it's an option. Sometimes though, I love using the guns because they all feel really good to use typically in MGS games.

Then I feel bad about all those virtual soldiers I killed. Feels bad man.

I usually go nonlethal, no alerts for my first Playthrough and get as many as the easter eggs/collectibles as possible. Then I do whatever on my other playthroughs but I almost always never end up killing guards anymore for some reason in most games if it's an option. Sometimes though, I love using the guns because they all feel really good to use typically in MGS games.

Especially with every soldier having a unique face.

I may kill a lot of people just cause it makes sense for the story, still full stealth though (most of the time)

I will play stealthy, with tranqs first, but once they are empty, I don't give a shit. I will still try to go CQC but when the time comes... I'll pull the trigger.

Bricky

Are you guys playing the no kill route, or do you guys don't give a shit?

Tranquilizer gun all day every day. No kills and no alerts if possible, I always go as stealthy as possible in stealth games.

Hell, I used non-lethal weapons on enemy soldiers that appeared during boss fights in Peace Walker. Even completed that last mission before the
Peace Walker battles (with all the enemies in the CIA base attacking you)
with the tranquilizer gun just for the heck of it.

I go no kill for as long as I can. I kill when it's convenient for the most part.

I usually try to do a no kill play through but I don't freak out if I mess up and have to kill someone.

Nah, I'll try to be stealthy but if I'm discovered by the enemy then I won't care if I have to kill a few of them

Interesting that the most of us play similar.

sexyelder

Tranquilizer gun all day every day. No kills and no alerts if possible, I always go as stealthy as possible in stealth games.

Hell, I even used non-lethal weapons on enemy soldiers that appeared during boss fights in Peace Walker.

Did you finish your video Bricky?

yeah. i mean, i have no evidence to support it, but i would think as long as enemies aren't around, BB could respond to some of the radio chatter.

This makes sense. Let's hope we get something like this.

hell, part of the opening cutscene of ground zeroes is BB and kaz on the radio

Yeah, that was great. Now I just hope it will be like that in gameplay segments.

Skullface

Holy shit, this is surreal. I'm sitting in my old office lobby waiting for an old coworker to open to door since I haven't had my key returned to me yet. This is nuclear, it's wild. The nostalgia. The feels. I started this job when I was 19 originally. I left last year. Now I'm back. What feel should I be feeling?

Holy shit, this is surreal. I'm sitting in my old office lobby waiting for an old coworker to open to door since I haven't had my key returned to me yet. This is nuclear, it's wild. The nostalgia. The feels. I started this job when I was 19 originally. I left last year. Now I'm back. What feel should I be feeling?

ff9f5e32c740758b89db7bbd7e4c1ae06b86bd12a4a8940a988ec03286ed3a9e.jpg

burnsplaque.png

This.

sexyelder

return-to-shadow-moses.jpg

LowParry

Dread. ;)

I dunno. Going back to an older job is interesting. Especially if you go back to the same people you worked with. It's like going back home.

Anywho, off to work and lurk. Woot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom