• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoFoX

SITTING...

HhVi1Kt.jpg

Ibuki

Banned
I just started House of Cards as well! I'm not very far yet. I also need to watch True Detective, I've heard it's really good.

Game of Thrones

rewatching Gurren Lagann

Finishing Diebuster

2 more episodes of True Detective I'm finishing today

re-binging Scrubs

I think I might start House of Cards, Boardwalk Empire, or Newsroom. I'm looking for more suggestions.
Watch fargo.also watch terriers if you haven't seen it, that show got cancelled way too early.

Salaadin

I remember wanting to commit suicide sometime after Gamescom. I just wanted to meet Kojima, show him the GAF poster and then end it a few days later. In hindsight, I can't believe how I could think like that. I still remember spending those days like they were my last. I was in a dark place back then, even if I didn't show that side of me to you guys.

I still remember seeing Kojima in front of me talking about MGS V at the theater and thinking to myself I'd never get to play this game in the end. Scary thoughts tbh. What's even scarier is the fact you never really know when thoughts like that might return and if you'll ever act on them.

Sorry for shifting the thread in such a depressing topic :p

I had a scary moment once. It's a really goofy story looking back but whatever.

I was having a real rough time at work. I could go into details but it'd take forever. The shortened version is pretty typical... My boss and her ego were shitting up the joint and it was really coming down hard on me and my family. Shit hit the fan, things were going all haywire, and it was really tough to deal with.

There hit a point where I was able to see the light at the end of the tunnel but you know the expression "things always get worse before they get better"? Well, we hit that "worse" part.

One day, I was driving home from work with all the work stuff twisting my brain and I see an upcoming red light with a row of cars in the opposing lane all making turns through my lane. I had this weird, brief flash of me just gunning it right into those cars. Right through that light and into everybody, not caring about what happened. My life and everybody elses didn't matter to me in that moment.

I ended up stopping at that red light and just started crying uncontrollably. I drove to a nearby parking lot and cried like I never have before. I was so scared.

Then I turned on the radio to try and clear my head and get my bearings. It was set to Bluetooth and grabbed a random song from my playlist. "I'll Face Myself" from Persona 4.

I don't know what it was but I instantly felt better and I've been fine ever since.

Anyways, Dawg, we love you. We are glad that you are hear to grace us with your sense of humor, your love of MGS, and your friendship. If shit gets hard, know that you have us.

Akiller

But he has good hair!

What the fuck you Said about His hair:smugface:

Sometimes, the most happy people on the outside hide their inner demons really well.

That's really true Dawg, i feel that way sometimes , but showing us Your inner demon makes me understand you really consider this community and its members as friends and i am really glad because i feel the same For you Brothers.

Rean

I'd agree with most of this. Haven't seen Kuroko or The Wire. I also watch Better Call Saul, Sons of Anarchy, and Justified.
Kuroko's really good it's not super realistic so they do a lot of crazy stuff you don't see in regular basketball.

5693aea13d4edfe75a355b725a3c7d3d1340497414_full.gif

Ok guys, round 2!

Who's your favorite Hollywood actor?

For me, hands down, Josh Hartnett.

Hmm, that's a tough one. Very tough one. I never really had a favorite but I guess I could say Robert De Nero because of his performance in Once Upon A Time In America, my favorite movie of all time.

Ok guys, round 2!

Hmmm. I really like Leo. He's in several of my top 5s. I used to be a huge huge Ed Norton fan but the only movies that compelled me to no end were Fight Club and American History X. Oh, and the Illusionist.

But yeah. The Aviator is probably my #1.

xxczx

I completed MGS3 yesterday for the first time. Completely blew me away, amazing game and story.

And it's great that I finally, almost, not really but kinda get the Metal Gear story. I played MGS in a weird way, with MGS2 being the starting point all those years ago, getting MGS4 on a whim and being totally fucking confused as with Peace Walker and to finally completing MGS1 just last year.

I'm excited to play MGS4 and Peace Walker again. I've forgotten most of it as I didn't really understand much but I can finally appreciate the games. I think now I'll go to chronological route, as by the time I've gotten to Ground Zeros MGS5 will probably be just around the corner.

Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrellson are killing it in True Detective. I didn't really care for either actor until now. holy hell.

I completed MGS3 yesterday for the first time. Completely blew me away, amazing game and story.

And it's great that I finally, almost, not really but kinda get the Metal Gear story. I played MGS in a weird way, with MGS2 being the starting point all those years ago, getting MGS4 on a whim and being totally fucking confused as with Peace Walker and to finally completing MGS1 just last year.

I'm excited to play MGS4 and Peace Walker again. I've forgotten most of it as I didn't really understand much but I can finally appreciate the games. I think now I'll go to chronological route, as by the time I've gotten to Ground Zeros MGS5 will probably be just around the corner.

YOU NAH NUTHIN, JAUHN SNUH

I'm very excited for you! There is a bunch you don't even know you don't know. And there is likely a bunch it will tell you that you won't exactly get right away. Lots of poetic wording telling you things point blank, but sometimes it's easier to read up on it after. That was my experience. Maybe I'm just not a smart man...

AH I'M THRILLED FOR YOU

Bricky

Ok guys, round 2!

Hmm...

Probably Christoph Waltz right now.

And not exactly known as a Hollywood actor (nor widely known at all really) but Min-sik Choi is absolutely fantastic (main actor from Oldboy).

1dbe1f8036f445338ed79f4689393a89.jpeg

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm...

Probably Christoph Waltz right now.

And not exactly known as a Hollywood actor (nor widely known at all really) but Min-sik Choi is absolutely fantastic (main actor from Oldboy).

1dbe1f8036f445338ed79f4689393a89.jpeg

Both spot on. Oldboy is a stone cold classic. Not a fan of I Saw the Devil though (except the taxi scene). That film is just mean.

I forgot to mention Joseph Gordon Levitt and Tony Leung.

JayEH

Glad to see MGS3 is still great even for new players.

Good that you finished the best Metal Gear game
until The Phantom Pain comes out!

Ok guys, round 3!

What are your top 3 movies?

For me:

#1: Lucky Number Slevin
#2: V for Vendetta
#3: Law Abiding Citizen

This just made me realize that Charlize Theron isn't in one of these movies. So, I would scratch her in my previous post about favorite actress and only say Natalie Portman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom