• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinewood

I'm now watching Buffy the Vampre Slayer again. After that I will start with Angel (seen that already as well).

I just love that universe.

For sure lol. Quiet has a better face and more.. eh.. charming personality. :>

Rajang pls. Firefly is GOAT

Kojima's latest tweet on having too much chopper photos.

"Recently I have got complaints from people about posting only chopper photos. But I can only take photos when I am not in middle of gameplay so it can't be helped. lol"

Dear Kojima,

Please post more chicken hat pictures.

Regards,
Lollipop

Vally

Yes. I used to post about it in the mental health thread. I think Noctis once saw a post of mine there and commented on it. I don't really post there anymore because that thread makes me even more depressed, heh.

And yes, I know what you mean. I think some MGS-GAF members suffer from depression but OCD can be even worse, in my opinion. Not only because it makes you obsessed to the point you can't lead a normal life anymore, but also because in most cases, people with OCD also suffer from depression. And both things together can be hell on earth.

Imagine being obsessed with something so much that you can't enjoy anything. No matter what you do, you can't escape the thoughts. Watch a movie? Still think about it. Videogames? Same. Going out with friends? You're less talkative. Hell, I notice how I tend to drink more just because being drunk makes you forget. I've had months where the only thing I look forward to is going to bed. Because sleeping is the only true escape.

I feel you man. I'm currently on meds suffering from depression as well and yeah, OCD and depression together can be a bitch. Hopefully things will get better for you soon.

JayEH

Scarjo cause I like a big ass, thick ladies all day.

iVeXlXJ09vEZY.gif

Yes. I used to post about it in the mental health thread. I think Noctis once saw a post of mine there and commented on it. I don't really post there anymore because that thread makes me even more depressed, heh.

And yes, I know what you mean. I think some MGS-GAF members suffer from depression but OCD can be even worse, in my opinion. Not only because it makes you obsessed to the point you can't lead a normal life anymore, but also because in most cases, people with OCD also suffer from depression. And both things together can be hell on earth.

Imagine being obsessed with something so much that you can't enjoy anything. No matter what you do, you can't escape the thoughts. Watch a movie? Still think about it. Videogames? Same. Going out with friends? You're less talkative. Hell, I notice how I tend to drink more just because being drunk makes you forget. I've had months where the only thing I look forward to is going to bed. Because sleeping is the only true escape.

I could never empathize directly 100% but I absolutely understand. The lack of motivation and commitment is insane. Most of the time I can't even turn on my games because it feels like a commitment. Only web surfing because it's such a micro-entertainment. And I also hear you on the hooch. I made a deal with my therapist yesterday to not drink alone for the week as a challenge. I've gotten wrecked pretty much every day for the last 3 years. Often black out.

Stayed sober last night (and hey, some of y'all saw me around!) but know that you aren't alone. Please feel free to PM me, or I can supply you with any other ways of communication. It's always good to know you can open the floodgates somewhere. Lots of love, brotha.

Dawg

I feel you man. I'm currently on meds suffering from depression as well and yeah, OCD and depression together can be a bitch. Hopefully things will get better for you soon.

I remember wanting to commit suicide sometime after Gamescom. I just wanted to meet Kojima, show him the GAF poster and then end it a few days later. In hindsight, I can't believe how I could think like that. I still remember spending those days like they were my last. I was in a dark place back then, even if I didn't show that side of me to you guys.

I still remember seeing Kojima in front of me talking about MGS V at the theater and thinking to myself I'd never get to play this game in the end. Scary thoughts tbh. What's even scarier is the fact you never really know when thoughts like that might return and if you'll ever act on them.

Sorry for shifting the thread in such a depressing topic :p

Ibuki

Banned
I remember wanting to commit suicide sometime after Gamescom. I just wanted to meet Kojima, show him the GAF poster and then end it a few days later. In hindsight, I can't believe how I could think like that. I still remember spending those days like they were my last. I was in a dark place back then, even if I didn't show that side of me to you guys.

I still remember seeing Kojima in front of me talking about MGS V at the theater and thinking to myself I'd never get to play this game in the end. Scary thoughts tbh. What's even scarier is the fact you never really know when thoughts like that might return and if you'll ever act on them.

Dawg I'm sorry to hear you were experiencing that. I've had thoughts like that before but I am always afraid of not living. I'm in a pretty happy place in my life right now, but I hope things get better for you.

JayEH

I'm sorry but we have to ban this talk Dawg.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Nah you know it's fine to talk about whatever you want. We're here for you brother.

Yeah I did see it your post on that thread and clicked on it by mistake, I was quite shocked you seem like a happy fellow. Glad you still here with us silly dawg

So much Scarlett Johansson lovers here. I think she's pretty but still just a worse copy of Charlize Theron.

WAT

I'd agree with most of this. Haven't seen Kuroko or The Wire. I also watch Better Call Saul, Sons of Anarchy, and Justified.

justified is awesome. really enjoying the final season thus far. sons fell off big time after season 2 or so and steadily got worse to me. I thought the finale was awful. better call saul has started off pretty good. i'm hoping mike becomes a more prominent character. i don't think saul is interesting enough to chew up as much screen time as they have for him now.

breaking bad is my favorite show ever. just amazing in all aspects. i also love the wire, the shield, sopranos, BSG, and many others

Glad you are still here. Meds help but you eventually have to overcome it yourself and u should be proud that you did and are continuing to do so.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
What tv shows does Mgs gaf watch?

The Wire and Deadwood are my all-time favs. They remain untouchable, as far as I'm concerned.

I just finished the Fargo TV series which was the absolute nuts (Lorne Malvo is an incredible character).

Currently watching Better Call Saul which is turning out to be pretty decent.

Ibuki

Banned
The Wire and Deadwood are my all-time favs. They remain untouchable, as far as I'm concerned.

I just finished the Fargo TV series which was the absolute nuts (Lorne Malvo is an incredible character).

I recently finished Deadwood and loved it as well. Also Fargo was some of the best new television I've seen since Breaking Bad. I forgot to mention Mad Men which I also love and of course Game of Thrones the GOAT show.

I recently finished Deadwood and loved it as well. Also Fargo was some of the best new television I've seen since Breaking Bad. I forgot to mention Mad Men which I also love and of course Game of Thrones the GOAT show.

how could i forget mad men. love that show, can't wait for the finale

Vally

Damn, I didn't know that. I've also had those moments at times, but fortunately I think I'm too much of a pussy to commit suicide, I don't think I could ever do it. Hope you're in a better frame of mind now.

Fargo is fucking amazing . That scene in the elevator is one of my all time favourite tv show moments.

JayEH

WAT

justified is awesome. really enjoying the final season thus far. sons fell off big time after season 2 or so and steadily got worse to me. I thought the finale was awful. better call saul has started off pretty good. i'm hoping mike becomes a more prominent character. i don't think saul is interesting enough to chew up as much screen time as they have for him now.

breaking bad is my favorite show ever. just amazing in all aspects. i also love the wire, the shield, sopranos, BSG, and many others

I agree with Sons. I stopped watching during the final season. I think it was getting too violent for me also. I don't mind violence but some of that stuff was brutal.

Pinewood

Damn, I didn't know that. I've also had those moments at times, but fortunately I think I'm too much of a pussy to commit suicide, I don't think I could ever do it. Hope you're in a better frame of mind now.

Thats not being a pussy though. Valuing your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom