• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rean

mgs-bg.gif

Batzi

Banned
So it has come to this. Lack of news and frustration deteriorated what we helped build. People are fighting, tension among members, members getting banned and others requesting a ban. What next? Suicidal thoughts? induce a coma? Do you see this Kojima? The next one's on you. I'm out.

Pinewood

So it has come to this. Lack of news and frustration deteriorated what we helped build. People are fighting, tension among members, members getting banned and others requesting a ban. What next? Suicidal thoughts? induce a coma? Do you see this Kojima? The next one's on you. I'm out.

With you gone, we are now open for Uncharted talk.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

LD I heard you like to change avatars. The one you have now is the best..oh you don't have one, because you banned!

Hahaha, I am so funny.

Rean

Batzi please.

Love Deterrence, you've been most helpful. And I have one last use for you. To you I give a magnificent end... but an end nonetheless. The final moment is yours.

Bricky

JFtlHoi.gif

This will have to do until master Cipher gives us a good one. I had to make this in Preview on my Macbook because I couldn't figure out how to edit .gifs in GIMP. I bet you couldn't tell because it looks so pro.

I got better results using motion tracking and masking in After Effects, but this gif would take quite a bit of work to properly 'patchify' because of the way the head turns. This is the best result I got with some unpolished tracking just now:

7BnlKlT.gif

E: Cut the length down a bit.

Yes, Cipher Cat would surely mourn Dawg's death. I'll have no choice but to distance myself from the thread. And now they've eliminated Love Deterrence.

No one will be left, think about that.

MattyG

Banned
I got better results using motion tracking and masking in After Effects, but this gif would take quite a bit of work to properly 'patchify' because of the way the head turns. This is the best result I got with some unpolished tracking just now:

RbuT6JZ.gif
Yeah, that looks way better.

I'm gonna have to have one of you guys explain good .gif editing methods and free programs for me sometime. Copy and pasting an eye patch into 75 frames in Preview and trying to move them to match the movement isn't exactly efficient.

LowParry

I think y'all need to go play some other games for a while. Let the week pass like it's just a normal week. FFXIV is free for a week tomorrow if you're an old player.

LowParry

Hey, fun fact about the song we all so love, Nuclear.

This is from Mike Oldfield:

"One song on the new album – Nuclear – is about Oldfield’s conviction that he is still living with the fall out of his grandfather’s traumatic experience in the First World War. “I never knew him,” he says, “So I hired a company to find out about him. It turned out he was a great character before the war but came home a very different man. My mum was one of ten or eleven kids and all the children born after the war had problems like hers. I wanted to see if I could spread my senses in the place he was. I traveled around Ypres and the battlefield museums and I saw the graves of his regiment: the Royal Munster Fusiliers. And I could feel it. Still there. It’s a blessing and a curse for those of us who have this extra sensitivity.”

Source:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/10676856/Pop.html

MattyG

Banned
Hey, fun fact about the song we all so love, Nuclear.

This is from Mike Oldfield:

"One song on the new album – Nuclear – is about Oldfield’s conviction that he is still living with the fall out of his grandfather’s traumatic experience in the First World War. “I never knew him,” he says, “So I hired a company to find out about him. It turned out he was a great character before the war but came home a very different man. My mum was one of ten or eleven kids and all the children born after the war had problems like hers. I wanted to see if I could spread my senses in the place he was. I traveled around Ypres and the battlefield museums and I saw the graves of his regiment: the Royal Munster Fusiliers. And I could feel it. Still there. It’s a blessing and a curse for those of us who have this extra sensitivity.”

Source:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/10676856/Pop.html
I'M NUUUCLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAR, I'M WIIIIIIIIILD. I'M BREAKIN' UP, IIIIIIIINSIIIIIIIIIIDE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom