• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLYSHIT THE MGS FACEBOOK IS GIVING A LINK TO PRE-ORDER MGSV.

IT'S HAPPENING. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tCyJra5.gif

I'm sorry, I must have walked through a portal to the past. We've been able to pre-order it for a LONG time.

There were some great waifus, you guys posted. I very much like Leanne, Maya, Ashe and Jill aswell. And young Mitsuru.

These are my top waifus:

7mhhtxqy.png

#3 Tsubaki Yayoi from the BlazBlue series. Calm, intelligent and pigtails. The ultimate Valkyrie!

#2 Harley Quinn from the Batman series. Stupid (but still very intelligent), crazy, funny and pigtails. I simply love her.

#1 Yuno Gasai from Mirai Nikki/Future Diary. Psychopath + Pink Hair + Pigtails = Ultimate Waifu. I'd love if she were obsessed with me because I am obsessed with her.

Palpable

Metal Gear = anime.

Uhhh... no. In fact, it being tailored for a more worldwide audience and not being very anime at all is what I like about the series. PW went way too anime, which is why I have some gripes with it (I'm talking to you, ZEKE fight with music that doesn't fit).

I don't see how a recreation of the Lupin intro means I don't know Metal Gear.

I agree, what is this shit.

9FvSe.gif

Palpable

It totally fit. It represented
Paz's love for MSF, because that was the song she was going to sing with the band Kaz and her were creating.

It was in Japanese, which made no sense. Kaz was the only one there that spoke Japanese. If Paz sang it in English or Spanish, then it'd make more sense. It being sung during the fight still didn't fit, regardless of what it represented.

JayEH

Anime is an art style. Metal Gear really isn't very anime at all. It gets a bit too Japanese at times, though.

When I say anime I mean it is very inspired by that type of Japanese media but in order to not got bogged down by semantics I will just say that Metal Gear is Japanese as fuck then. It's been that way since the beginning.

Palpable

When I say anime I mean it is very inspired by that type of Japanese media but in order to not got bogged down by semantics I will just say that Metal Gear is Japanese as fuck then. It's been that way since the beginning.

In many ways it is very Japanese, sure. However, in many ways it isn't. Kojima was largely inspired by western films. Especially action films of the 80's and 90's. It's a fantastic blend of science fiction mixed with futuristic military R&D, all grounded in reality/history (for the most part).

Dawg

I'm sorry.

I said most, Strafer. I love LOST, Breaking Bad, True Detective and all that shit.

But when I start comparing it to stuff like The Walking Dead, Arrow, SHIELD (B-tier shows), yeaaaaah... I prefer Berserk, Code Geass, Death Note etc :c

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Leaked boxart. Got this via my secret source.

yqelmt.gif

The lower part is my shitty youtube banner. Thief !! (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง

Edit:
So you're one of my scrubscribers? ༼ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ༽

Dawg

Åesop;154028594 said:
The lower part is my shitty youtube banner. Thief !! (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง

Edit:
So you're one of my scrubscribers? ༼ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ༽

The internet is a small place, huh.

JayEH

I, JayEH, avatar bet Jimmyfenix (aka Jimmy the Grinder) that Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will sell more than Batman: Arkham Knight (all platforms). Sales difference will be determined 6 months after each game's respective launch using official numbers from the publisher. Loser will have to wear an avatar provided by the winner for 1 month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom