• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

I never really understood why Smash is always rated so high. Maybe it's because I'm not that much of a fighter fan. Still, Melee was probably one of my most played GC titles but I would never put it over MGS2 & MGS3. Smash Bros is an excellent game with a lot of characters and polish, but that's all there is to me. Great fun with friends, but I just don't see it as Game of The Generation material.

MGS3 being higher than MGS2 is the real crime.

Nah
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

JayEH

Melee came out at the right time for people. Only thing I don't agree with is Metroid Prime above MGS3. MGS2 has a good spot.

Dawg

Melee came out at the right time for people. Only thing I don't agree with is Metroid Prime above MGS3. MGS2 has a good spot.

I agree, MGS3 needs to be on #2, yo.

I'd even go as far as placing it first, but yeah I am biased. Everyone knows MGS3 is my favourite MGS. But Resident Evil 4 is a masterpiece too.

Choomp

Banned
I may be a bit biased cause Melee like got me into video gaming, but I loved that game so much. Also wanted WW to get higher cause that game is also amazing.

Skullface

What' the fuck happened? You people are insane. Seriously though, why did LD request his own ban? Same with Cipher Cat? This thread is going to die all on its own.

Dawg

Nope, fake. It was really just Halo reskinned.

Hey Batzi, February wasn't very interesting for Metal Gear. Make sure you use that exact phrase with your source. I still have hope for June though.

Batzi is a pathological liar.

Brb, telling the mods his prediction was fake.

Skullface

Batzi is a pathological liar.

Brb, telling the mods his prediction was fake.

Dawg, what did you do with LD? I figured out the deal with Cipher Cat. He thinks that this thread revolves around S4nic and LD so he threw a hissy fit because he doesn't get the attention he wants, or something?

Dawg

Dawg, what did you do with LD? I figured out the deal with Cipher Cat. He thinks that this thread revolves around S4nic and LD so he threw a hissy fit because he doesn't get the attention he wants, or something?

I banned Sn4ke because I was tired of his Uncharted 4 vs. Metal Gear Solid discussions. Hope he takes this time to learn from his mistakes.

I banned Hammertomb because that mofo needs to know his place. Sarcasm or not, nobody calls me out, you hear that?

LD... LD had a hard life. I protected him from himself. I had a feeling he would say something that would get him banned so I banned him preemptively. I had to save him.

Skullface

I banned Sn4ke because I was tired of his Uncharted 4 vs. Metal Gear Solid discussions. Hope he takes this time to learn from his mistakes.

I banned Hammertomb because that mofo needs to know his place. Sarcasm or not, nobody calls me out, you hear that?

LD... LD had a hard life. I protected him from himself. I had a feeling he would say something that would get him banned so I banned him preemptively. I had to save him.

;_; the feels

JayEH

I... Was told to ask Dawg with an inviting smugface. I already knew why S4nic and LD got banned. My question was why LD wanted to be banned. You don't have to comment on it if you don't want to.

Ok. People have just been coming in seriously thinking that everyone here is out for each other so I'm trying to stop that talk about this thread.

Skullface

Ok. People have just been coming in seriously thinking that everyone here is out for each other so I'm trying to stop that talk about this thread.

Well JayEH, I'm making a formal announcement. I'm out for YOU. I will a buy a PS4 for the sole purpose of invading your mother base and killing every unit in your Diamond Dawgs. I'll then Fulton DD so I can take him in for a slow, painful torturous murder. I'll also Fulton your Quiet so that I can have two Quiet waifus running around base. All for revenge.

JK, I'm sticking with my bone

You have to understand, Skully. I had to ban him so he wouldn't get banned.

Why? Why'd it have to turn out this way? ;_;

JayEH

Skullface I don't respond well to threats. I have dirt on all of you that I have accumulated over the past few months. I have enough to have each one of you perma'd at least 3 times over.

Dawg does the wetwork of contacting mods but where do you think he gets info to get them banned from?

Skullface

Skullface I don't respond well to threats. I have dirt on all of you that I have accumulated over the past few months. I have enough to have each one of you perma'd at least 3 times over.

Dawg does the wetwork of contacting mods but where do you think he gets info to get them banned from?

What did you say to me JayEH? I'll have you know that I have "friends" among the modding community. No amout of dirty battlefield dirt will get me banned.

Dawg

I'd be fine with a logistics job tbh, I'd love to work on a PC.

But you always need experience and because I live in shitty Belgium, you also need to understand French -_-

Skullface

I'd be fine with a logistics job tbh, I'd love to work on a PC.

But you always need experience and because I live in shitty Belgium, you also need to understand French -_-

I got lucky with this job to be honest. I started when I was 19 after leaving a job managing a shitty Quiznos. I got the job offer because my friend's father owns the business. Unfortunately, this job absolutely destroyed our friendship. So after all that shit went down where my bitch ex took off with my kid, I took a year off. I just came back to this job last Wednesday.

Dawg

I got lucky with this job to be honest. I started when I was 19 after leaving a job managing a shitty Quiznos. I got the job offer because my friend's father owns the business. Unfortunately, this job absolutely destroyed our friendship. So after all that shit went down where my bitch ex took off with my kid, I took a year off. I just came back to this job last Wednesday.

Well, damn. How did it destroy your friendship?

Skullface

Well, damn. How did it destroy your friendship?

Conflict of interest. In the early days of working at this business, I was young, single, and very into drugs. So was my friend. When I drifted away from that scene, he didn't. His father would always ask me questions about his drug use, and while I'd always dance around the subject, my friend was always paranoid that if we hung out, his dad would get information out of me. Kinda sucks.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Conflict of interest. In the early days of working at this business, I was young, single, and very into drugs. So was my friend. When I drifted away from that scene, he didn't. His father would always ask me questions about his drug use, and while I'd always dance around the subject, my friend was always paranoid that if we hung out, his dad would get information out of me. Kinda sucks.

sounds like the drugs became more important to him than your friendship

JayEH

You spend too much time in MGS3 switching between menus and crawling on your stomach. MGS2 is the best.

not if you're good.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Joking aside I actually like all the survival things about 3. Sure it could have been tidied up a bit but I still find it fun and unique.

And if we're nitpicking, MGS2 has cutscenes that are constantly stopping your action :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom