• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

Best fight, yes. But the Cobra Unit as a whole was forgettable outside The Boss IMO.

Dead Cell > Cobra Unit

how is the end forgettable?

No.

The End > all MGS2 bosses combined into one big broke-ass Voltron looking boss.

I do love Fatman though.

iVeXlXJ09vEZY.gif

LowParry

No.

The End > all MGS2 bosses combined into one big broke-ass Voltron looking boss.

I do love Fatman though.

I dunno. I mean you have a boss that gets carted out on a wheelchair and sleeps on the job. It's more like that parrot is the boss you're dealing with, not the sniper.

Rean

Anywho, I agree on the MGS2 > MGS3

Best bosses:

Fatman
Vamp
Fortune
Solidus Snake

And we had the whole Tengus soldiers, fought a harrier, and of course Meta Gear Rays (though the best fight with Ray is with Rising. Rules of natuuuuure!).
Even though I like MGS2 more MGS3 had the best bosses in my opinion.

Ok that I agree. MGS2 isn't great either though compared to MGS1.
After watching the Metal Gear Scanlon playthrough of MGS1, I may agree with you here. The Sniper Wolf scene stands out for me quite a bit.

i'd say:

character designs -- cobra
actual boss fights -- cobra
backstory/character development -- dead cell
You may be right here, although The Fear and The Pain were embarassing IMO.

JayEH

The Fury is the worst. Doesn't even show up in the cutscene where they introduce the Cobra Unit and has a stupid reason for being mad.

If I would have that in mind I wouldn't bother myself with getting banned here.

Nope, that's exactly what I can't that's why I want the ban.
Why don't you get dawg or someone you trust to change your password, and if you ever wanna come back you can contact them to get it to you?

Opto

Banned
The Fury for the time given had a good backstory. It was some semblance of motivation. The Pain and The Fear were just weirdos

After watching the Metal Gear Scanlon playthrough of MGS1, I may agree with you here. The Sniper Wolf scene stands out for me quite a bit.

You may be right here, although The Fear and The Pain were embarassing IMO.

I like the designs for the fear and the pain. I just wish they fleshed out the characters themselves. That's really what mgs1 nailed. Even if it was a little too much in terms of the bosses giving contrived exposition before and after each fight. Something kojima self-parodied with the olga fight in mgs2

i'm confused by this. mgs3 has longer gameplay stretches than any of the other mainline mgs games. 2 and 4 are basically long movies for the last few hours of the game(s)

I'm confused by it myself since I've never really been able to explain it. I never really minded the longer cutscenes in 2 and 4 but where 3 interrupts the gameplay always irks me. Maybe it's because of all the menu switching, I get tired of interrupting the flow of gameplay. Like I said, I've never really been able to explain it but I feel it nonetheless.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I'm confused by it myself since I've never really been able to explain it. I never really minded the longer cutscenes in 2 and 4 but where 3 interrupts the gameplay always irks me. Maybe it's because of all the menu switching, I get tired of interrupting the flow of gameplay. Like I said, I've never really been able to explain it but I feel it nonetheless.

When I play mgs3 I never even switch camos! (well except for disguise parts)

Do have to go into backpack here and there though.

Dawg

Should I end my Witcher 3 interview with this question: "I feel like asking this question is my personal responsibility: is Cyberpunk 2077 your next big project now Witcher 3 is done?"

someone will get it, i hope

Should I end my Witcher 3 interview with this question: "I feel like asking this question is my personal responsibility: is Cyberpunk 2077 your next big project now Witcher 3 is done?"

someone will get it, i hope
Ask if theres any differences/benefits on the console (PS4 particularly) versions versus PC. I would love to comfy couch this game, but it feels like sacrilege really.

BROTHEEERS! The time has come! There's a PS4 deal on Amazon where if you buy a PS4 you'll get TLOU, KZ:SF, and Infamous digital codes. I think I'm gonna jump on it.

Hello, Outer-GAF!
It's time for daily stupid joke about LD!
Today supposed to be the meeting of casuals, but it was cancelled. Because their president (LD) is BANNED!
Hahaha, I am so funny.

Mexen

Easiest MGS boss to beat = ?
Volgin, but only because I realised I could *do that* whilst facing him. Never tried it on the others though. Also The End battle the first time was really tense. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom