• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Question to mgs gaf, did you guys platinum all metal gear games?

i did 3 and PW and 100% GZ, but the MGS2 VR Missions are just too much for me right now, and I don't really feel like playing MGS4 for obvious reasons

JayEH

It's 24 cm.

I platinum'd all the canon games yeah.

MGS2, MGS3, MGS4, MGSPW

you forgot rising
5CzBvTC.png

Rajang

you forgot rising
5CzBvTC.png

Rising is not even part of the Metal Gear saga according to Kojima.

His exact words:

"The games in the series that I personally designed and produced. Metal Gear on the MSX, Metal Gear 2, MGS1/2/3/4 and Peace Walker and now Metal Gear Solid V are what constitute a single Metal Gear saga. With Metal Gear Solid V I'm finally closing the loop on that saga."

Link

Hardly surprising, considering his previous comments on Rising.

JayEH

Rising is not even part of the Metal Gear saga according to Kojima.

His exact words:

Hardly surprising, considering his previous comments on Rising.

"constitutes A single Metal Gear saga."

Rising will pick up the torch and be the new saga.
5CzBvTC.png

Josh5890

Hi Metal Gear Gaf. I'm looking to replay all the main storyline games before Sept. 1st. I have all of the games on their original format but I'd like to play 2, 3, and PW on an HD collection. My question is which version gives me the "good" MGS 3 version with the good camera? Is it the first HD collection or the Legacy collection? I appreciate any help in this. I'm getting mixed answers throughout the internet and I figured you folks were the true experts.

JayEH

Hi Metal Gear Gaf. I'm looking to replay all the main storyline games before Sept. 1st. I have all of the games on their original format but I'd like to play 2, 3, and PW on an HD collection. My question is which version gives me the "good" MGS 3 version with the good camera? Is it the first HD collection or the Legacy collection? I appreciate any help in this. I'm getting mixed answers throughout the internet and I figured you folks were the true experts.

HD collection and Legacy collection are the same version. They both have the option to use the old or new camera.

Rajang

I really want an EU MGS5 PS4 bundle.

This is the one game that would make me want to enter the next generation.

Yeah, same here. I'm going to buy the PS4 for this game.

I'm kind of sad that the TPP theme'd PS4 doesn't look like how I wanted it to be (I really dislike the colors) but I love how the controller looks. I was hoping for Shinkawa art or something similar to the Ground Zeroes HDD plates with Diamond Dogs, which look very sexy.

All missions in Ground Zeroes, because I know the levels quite well now so it wouldn't take long.

And in order of release. It's just great that you can see how the series has evolved.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
DAMNIT lol

MGS2:
Playtime 17:54
Save 15
Continue 92 (lol)
Alert 52
Kills 4 (WTF)
Rations 130 (I'm a growing boy)

Dogtags: 48/51 (plant), did good there, gotta get those last ones

Status