• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
faulty info, apparently
i still would like an explanation for why pc gets it 2 weeks later, since i assume those 2 weeks aren't going to be used for further q&a at all

Maybe they picked a specific day because no other major releasing were coming out, but don't have the time to finish prioritizing the PC version and don't want to ship a buggy product, lest everyone riot over that. I mean, that's one of so many possibilities.

They have reasons that I'm not going to make assumptions about.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Who knows who cares. Buy or don't buy. Whatever the version. 2 weeks is not a big fucking deal.

in the 90s, maybe
in the information era, 2 weeks avoiding spoilers about the big blockbuster game means a total shutout from the internet

-Deimos

Who knows who cares. Buy or don't buy. Whatever the version. 2 weeks is not a big fucking deal.

That's half a month of avoiding the OT, this thread and the internet in general for fear of spoilers. Most people will be done the story by then and will be talking about it everywhere.

LowParry

in the 90s, maybe
in the information era, 2 weeks avoiding spoilers about the big blockbuster game means a total shutout from the internet

You also need to consider the Mom and Pop shops that sells games like a week or so early. End of August is going to be a nightmare. Just remember. Tread lightly, and carry a big gun.

That's half a month of avoiding the OT, this thread and the internet in general for fear of spoilers. Most people will be done the story by then and will be talking about it everywhere.

I would advised avoiding the internet all together. I can't even be sure if I'd be safe in FFXIV or WoW land.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
in the 90s, maybe

are you seriously complaining about a 2 week pc delay?? Look at their high standard for optimization for Ground Zeroes, and then take a look at how long Rockstar took for their GTA V pc release.. o whait its still not out ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

faulty info, apparently
i still would like an explanation for why pc gets it 2 weeks later, since i assume those 2 weeks aren't going to be used for further q&a at all

You should at least apologize for that bitching without a proof. And Konami did not planned to release PC version from beginning, so maybe there is some kind of agreement between them and MS/Sony, but I am sure they have their reasons and Konami dont need to give their explanation. If you so much dislike Konami, then don't play that game.

I'll be doing this regardless in the US, so not sure what the big deal is. Unless you have an internet addiction I guess.

LowParry

The bigger question here is, why the hell can I not pre order the CE yet on Amazon? And the bundle better be available in the US.

-Deimos

I'll be doing this regardless in the US, so not sure what the big deal is. Unless you have an internet addiction I guess.

You have the game to keep you busy, while we have whatever the hell releases in August/September.

Would be cool if PC got a demo of MGO or something when the game releases.

DOWN

Banned
I get that people like Hayter for consistency and character, but are people serious that they think he's particularly good or fitting? If anyone came up with a voice like that in a movie these days, GAF would be jumping all over its silliness. The voice sounds like a parody.

Sutherland is fine from what we've heard. At least he sounds like he was cast for a game with the production scope that MGS V has.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
You also need to consider the Mom and Pop shops that sells games like a week or so early. End of August is going to be a nightmare. Just remember. Tread lightly, and carry a big gun.

no physical pc release, tho
and if there was, i would probably be steamworks, so you would still need to wait

Åesop;154637752 said:
are you seriously complaining about a 2 week pc delay?? Look at their high standard for optimization for Ground Zeroes, and then take a look at how long Rockstar took for their GTA V pc release.. o whait its still not out ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

Yeah but it doesn't seem like those 2 weeks would be used for anything, seems like the game would've gone gold for PC way before.

You should at least apologize for that bitching without a proof. And Konami did not planned to release PC version from beginning, so maybe there is some kind of agreement between them and MS/Sony, but I am sure they have their reasons and Konami dont need to give their explanation. If you so much dislike Konami, then don't play that game.

That's one alternative, but it's still pretty shitty for Konami to just give no reason. I love Kojima, tho.

Palpable

faulty info, apparently

To boost physical sales for those that can't wait to play it & avoid it being pirated from day 1 as much as possible.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
To boost physical sales for those that can't wait to play it & avoid it being pirated from day 1 as much as possible.

there's no physical pc release, i don't think pc gamers will go and buy a console + game just to play 1 game

Palpable

there's no physical pc release, i don't think pc gamers will go and buy a console + game just to play 1 game

I know there's no physical PC release. I'm saying that for people with a PC and a console that don't wanna wait, they will get it for console. PC versions are always pirated to some degree.

-Deimos

Some people will and a lot of PC gamers have next-gen consoles. The delay will pressure them into getting the console version and Konami gets more out of console sales than PC. What IP said is the exact reason for the delay.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Some people will and a lot of PC gamers have next-gen consoles. The delay will pressure them into getting the console version and Konami gets more out of console sales than PC. What IP said is the exact reason for the delay.

it still sucks :(

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
2 weeks is a long time when your most anticipated game of the year is out and you can't play it.

heh 2 weeks, pooor poooor guy. It's my most anticipated game of this generation and I won't be able to play it before 20th December 2015 since I have to go abroad in August.

I get that people like Hayter for consistency and character, but are people serious that they think he's particularly good or fitting? If anyone came up with a voice like that in a movie these days, GAF would be jumping all over its silliness. The voice sounds like a parody.

Sutherland is fine from what we've heard. At least he sounds like he was cast for a game with the production scope that MGS V has.
It honestly feels like people hater Kiefer just for the sake of hating him, like an obsession. Had to bail out of that other thread because of that.

sasliquid

Don't know if this has already been discussed but I got an email from sony today about the release date saying "solid snake returns to PS4 on 1st September 2015" DAVID HAYTER CONFIRMED

preordered my £100 version

LowParry

Don't know if this has already been discussed but I got an email from sony today about the release date saying "solid snake returns to PS4 on 1st September 2015" DAVID HAYTER CONFIRMED

preordered my £100 version

Mmm. Gee. I wonder.

AwIEhmX.gif

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoy Day 1 Edition, available 20 days after release ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

QaOM9oR.png

Well from what I've pieced together, the site doesn't ship outside of Japan so you have to purchase through a proxy. And then your card has to be approved. Unfortunately nobody here is willing to assist...

Did a little Googlin', found this: http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/does-konamistyle-ship-outside-of-japan-548512/

The site mentions on its Japanese FAQ that they don't do overseas shipping, which isn't particularly surprising given the logistics involved in doing foreign shipments from Japan, as well as they fact that they sell Japanese games made by both Konami and other companies, which aren't "supposed" to be exported outside of the country. You can get around all of this by setting up a Tenso account, which enables you to have a free Japanese PO box that will automatically have anything shipped to it forwarded to your actual address. Of course, that means you have to pay Tenso an additional shipping and handling fee in addition to the cost of having it shipped within Japan and, if my memory is correct, they only do EMS shipping since, not only is it the fastest international shipping option available out of Japan, but I believe the only one they can do that comes with tracking numbers. I used them back when I lived in the States and everything worked out just fine and the people running their customer support are nice and helpful. I haven't used them in years, especially now that I've been living in Japan, but as far as I know, they continue to be well-regarded.

Of course, the thing about using Tenso is that you have to fill out the Japanese order forms on the site you're purchasing from on your own. I think they include all of the necessary Japanese terms with your address so you can match up the information correctly on the order form, but again, I haven't had a need to use my own account in quite some time. Worst comes to worst, Google Translate should be competent enough at this point to handle order form translations okay. If you go through with it and still come out in a rut, I'd be willing assist you in translating stuff manually.

If that all sounds like a hassle, though, I know Play-Asia is known to stock some things from Konamistyle on their site. I don't know how regularly they get new things and they usually just get the high-end game bundles, so I don't know if they'd have anything you want, but that's also a potential option and certainly a more straightforward one than Tenso

That's about as far as I know, but it seems like a hassle. I have no experience with it though so you may find more info on your own. Can also keep an eye on this sticky: http://mgoforums.com/metal-gear-solid-v/205-mgsv-collectors-edition-ps4-bundle-box-art-revealed.html

I presume they will be updating that thread with links to buy the listed version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom