• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
vince-mcmahon-walk.gif

When I have seen that line,
a new account to create,
I've had to decline!

Remember, remember!
The first of September,
The Batzi's treason and plot;
I know of no reason
Why the Batzi's treason
Should ever be forgot!

I've knew about the first of September,
not because of "Coming 1984" I assure you,
but because I am a certain member,
though I couldn't let you knew.
Because an act of crime let me find out,
of the release date that was decided,
what I've done, there would be a fuss about,
so I had to remain lopsided.

I'll still leave this place,
I need to waste some time,
so I choose this new face,
and I ain't sorry for the rhyme.

JitteryAffectionateFruitbat.gif
hmmmm

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Stop talking about other games! I click on this thread expecting MGS INSANITY.

frgqQ3Z.gif

INSANITY LIKE THIS:

Snake: "Major."
Major Zero: "Yes?"
Snake: "I was just wondering...why do they call you 'Zero'?"
Major Zero: "What do you mean?"
Snake: "We go back a long ways, but I just realized I never asked you why you're called 'Zero'."
Major Zero: "You want to know where it comes from?"
Snake: "Yeah. If that's all right."
Major Zero: "...that's a bit nostalgic, really."
Snake: "Nostalgic?"
Major Zero: "The first British intelligence outfit was established in 1909. The head of the foreign intelligence division was a man named Mansfield George Smith Cumming. He was referred to simple as 'C,' after the first letter in his last name. Since then, out of respect for Cumming, the heads of the SIS have traditionally taken the name
of 'C.'"
Para-Medic: "And James Bond's boss is called 'M.'"
Major Zero: "That's right. I myself was once known as 'O.'"
Snake: "And that's where 'Zero' comes from?"
Major Zero: "Precisely. In another sense though, it signifies a ghost - one whose true identity must remain a mystery. The primogenitor of the solo sneaking operation."

Venom Snake is referred to as 'V' in one of the trailers, "V has come to". "It signifies a ghost - one whose true identity must remain a mystery".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT-vSeWCYhE

Your Theory-Fu is strong.

brau

Stop talking about other games! I click on this thread expecting MGS INSANITY.

frgqQ3Z.gif

INSANITY LIKE THIS:

Snake: "Major."
Major Zero: "Yes?"
Snake: "I was just wondering...why do they call you 'Zero'?"
Major Zero: "What do you mean?"
Snake: "We go back a long ways, but I just realized I never asked you why you're called 'Zero'."
Major Zero: "You want to know where it comes from?"
Snake: "Yeah. If that's all right."
Major Zero: "...that's a bit nostalgic, really."
Snake: "Nostalgic?"
Major Zero: "The first British intelligence outfit was established in 1909. The head of the foreign intelligence division was a man named Mansfield George Smith Cumming. He was referred to simple as 'C,' after the first letter in his last name. Since then, out of respect for Cumming, the heads of the SIS have traditionally taken the name
of 'C.'"
Para-Medic: "And James Bond's boss is called 'M.'"
Major Zero: "That's right. I myself was once known as 'O.'"
Snake: "And that's where 'Zero' comes from?"
Major Zero: "Precisely. In another sense though, it signifies a ghost - one whose true identity must remain a mystery. The primogenitor of the solo sneaking operation."

Venom Snake is referred to as 'V' in one of the trailers, "V has come to". "It signifies a ghost - one whose true identity must remain a mystery".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT-vSeWCYhE

h4q2z4o.png

Nibel

Watched some of those super long analysis videos; man, those are truly full of shit. But kinda entertaining.

I hate my life

OldLogos

Banned
BROTHERS!

Account approval just game in. First post, but long time MGS-GAF lurker. What the fuck happened here? You people are insane.

Seriously, though, MGS is by far my favorite game series of all time, and when Ground Zeroes dropped and news of TPP was steadily trickling in about a year ago, this was my favorite place to lurk.

While the info and analyses have ground to a halt, the banning and drama keeps ramping up. Why are we still here? Just to shitpost?

Whatever. Ya'll make for a good show as it all comes down...
giphy.gif

MajorTom

BROTHERS!

Account approval just game in. First post, but long time MGS-GAF lurker. What the fuck happened here? You people are insane.

Seriously, though, MGS is by far my favorite game series of all time, and when Ground Zeroes dropped and news of TPP was steadily trickling in about a year ago, this was my favorite place to lurk.

While the info and analyses have ground to a halt, the banning and drama keeps ramping up. Why are we still here? Just to shitpost?

giphy.gif

Cipher?

just joking btw.
Welcome!

brau

BROTHERS!

giphy.gif

Neko?

Rajang

BROTHERS!

giphy.gif

Welcome brother.

JayEH

BROTHERS!

giphy.gif

Welcome.

FYI the NA Collector's Edition for PS4 is back in stock on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00UFOYR2I/viglink20241-20/

BROTHERS!

giphy.gif
Welcome brother! Buckle your seat-belt, this OT will be a bumpy ride!

ICE COLD

Akiller

BROTHERS!

giphy.gif

Welcome!
New members from His ashes...

I forgot to post that I messaged Ken-ichiro Imaizumi on Twitter asking if we could get the artbook too and he responded saying he'll pass on the message to the Western team.

OldLogos

Banned
So I just preordered the CE for PS4 through Amazon... even though I don't have a PS4 (getting it for PC). Oh well, need dat robo-baby arm.

MattyG

Banned
Two-day shipping always equates to release day shipping for games.
Oh, yeah I knew that, I meant free release date (two day) shipping. Whenever I order a game from them, 2 day shipping gets it there on release day, but it's always free. I can understand why they'd have to charge for larger collectors editions though. $6-7 isn't too bad.

Oh, yeah I knew that, I meant free release date (two day) shipping. Whenever I order a game from them, 2 day shipping gets it there on release day, but it's always free. I can understand why they'd have to charge for larger collectors editions though. $6-7 isn't too bad.
Do you have Prime? It's only free with Prime afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom