• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick! Let's actually talk about MGS before the thread is closed!

Replaying MGS1 on my iPhone right now, and just realized these quotes from Sniper Wolf right before her 2nd boss fight are taken from Blue Velvet...

http://youtu.be/CMg47ABzINw?t=1m8s

Anyone know of any other lines taken from movies in the series?

OL, my friend. I don't know if the doors can be shut here. They can cut off our head but a new one will grow. Like a Hydra.

brau

sexyelder

Am I the only one getting JP premium?
And not because the fact I have security issues and need to compensate for my small man sausage.

Welcome old logos and R.I.P to the rest who got banned. As usual we keep dropping like flies but we always come back stronger.

arnold-commando-gif.gif

Juicy Bob

My girlfriend has expressed that she may be open to watching me play through all the main MGS games again in anticipation for September.

She's really not a big gamer, but she watched me play through some bits of Peace Walker when I was going through it for the first time the other month and seemed pretty intrigued by the story. She's a filthy casual and more of a book reader and sci-fi, drama watcher than a gamer.

I've already explained to her how mental it all is and she's pretty happy with that, given that we've watched some anime together before. I've already explained a lot of the main story points of the series to her as she's asked about it.

I really want to involve her in it as I'd love to play through TPP with her following along too, but I know that playing through all the main games will take literally months as I think she can only put up with so much at a time...

I dunno whether it's a good idea or not, basically.

JayEH

My girlfriend has expressed that she may be open to watching me play through all the main MGS games again in anticipation for September.

She's really not a big gamer, but she watched me play through some bits of Peace Walker when I was going through it for the first time the other month and seemed pretty intrigued by the story. She's a filthy casual and more of a book reader and sci-fi, drama watcher than a gamer.

I've already explained to her how mental it all is and she's pretty happy with that, given that we've watched some anime together before. I've already explained a lot of the main story points of the series to her as she's asked about it.

I really want to involve her in it as I'd love to play through TPP with her following along too, but I know that playing through all the main games will take literally months as I think she can only put up with so much at a time...

Do it. No harm in trying. My sister watches me play MGS sometimes and enjoys it.

MajorTom

Do it
Just fuck her

Rajang

That sounds awesome.

My gf is some what the same. She is not big on games but she played some games like The Sims, Rollercoaster Tycoon and The Walking Dead and watched my playthrough of The Last of Us (which she loved). And she actually played through left behind. She likes watching me play MGS but she is not that interested in the story, she thinks its too convoluted.

OldLogos

Banned
..you WHAT

Yeah, not incredibly difficult. Jailbroken iPhone 5S, download Retroarch from Cydia, alchemize the PS1 bios onto your phone, and rip an ISO from that dusty drawer you keep your old PS1 games in.

Graphically the game emulates about 90% accurately (great frame rates all around, but during cutscenes some effects just turn the whole screen into a pixelated mess.)

Touchscreen controls suck. When i'm home I sync my PS3 controller to my phone and use that instead, but I mostly play using the touchscreen on the subway during my commute.

I got it up and running about a month ago. And now that I remember, I did have some trouble getting it started.

There was one core emulator file that's broken on the cydia page, and you have to download an updated one and patch it.

The core I use is called Non-JB PCSX-ReARMed .

sexyelder

I dont have a girlfriend and spend most of my nights crying myself to sleep c: but if I were you I'd just play through 3, PO, and PW + GZ to get her caught up on the story that matters.

Nibel

Well, try to show it to her, but just don't force anything on her. If she doesn't like it, you have to accept it. If she does enjoy it though and watches you finish all the games, and asks you "what if Chico is Quiet", you better put a ring on it.

But, don't force it on her.

Well, try to show it to her, but just don't force anything on her. If she doesn't like it, you have to accept it. If she does enjoy it though and watches you finish all the games, and asks you "what if Chico is Quiet", you better put a ring on it.

But, don't force it on her.
When I started to read this post I thought it was something completely different.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

My girlfriend is playing The Twin Snakes at the moment, ignoring the FPS aiming, and she's loving it.

She absolutely sucks at stealth, doesn't plan her moves ahead, doesn't pay attention to the radar, has no patience to wait for enemy patrols, but she manages. And she loves the crazy anime dialogue laced with serious anti-war message, finds the plot intriguing and the game atmospheric.

But seriously, I could rip my ear drums out with how butchered the soundtrack is in TTS. My only real gripe, because I don't mind the Matrix-y cutscenes. The dialogue delivery also took a hit. I don't mind the lack of stereotypical ching chong accent for Mei Ling, but Debi Mae West assed it up a bit with Meryl.

Also, back to the crazy gun argument. We just passed the Ocelot fight and Baker drops this ringer:

"Maybe they're like us in the arms industry... Always looking forward to the next good war"

So, yeah. Fuck gun manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom