• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
It's a lot more important for a story to be respectful to the foundation it set up for its characters, and it'd be a lot more baffling to me if Skullface avoided using rape as a torture-tool/mind-breaking tool for Chico/Paz out of some plot device of "oh, I'm not going to use rape, because."

I doubt you'd have noticed it missing.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I hope Del Toro bails out after he finds out what happened to Kojima and his team.

The collaboration between those two was just too good to be true. This game could have been something truly special.

I remember Del Toro's video where he couldn't stop praising how great it is to work with Kojima.

Fucking Konami.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Heeeey Outer GAF what's goi-

tZOS8.gif

I swear to God this is my feeling every time I come into this thread.

Konami owns the IP, not Kojima. And Del Toro's contract was with Konami. So unless Del Toro bails out because Kojima is gone, Silent Hills is probably stil coming.

That said, without Kojima and his team the game will probably change dramatically.

And this is why my interest may plummet.

SamuraiX-

I wonder what will happen, Kojima and Del Toro are really good friends.

Would be awesome if del Toro bolted on Konami and hooked up with Kojima to get a new project off the ground wherever Kojima ends up next.

All depends on the details of that contract though.

MajorTom

Feel like I'm missing out with the avatar thing here :p haha.
I've pretty much just been lurking for the last few days because I have been too busy to get involved in stuff.

SJRB

Gold Member
Feel like I'm missing out with the avatar thing here :p haha.
I've pretty much just been lurking for the last few days because I have been too busy to get involved in stuff.

Too busy to get involved? This is regarding our overlord Kojima, nothing is more important.

I'd ride my bike to fucking Japan to sort this shit out, if I knew the way. But I don't. Also, I can't get the months off of work.

MajorTom

Too busy to get involved? This is regarding our overlord Kojima, nothing is more important.

I'd ride my bike to fucking Japan to sort this shit out, if I knew the way. But I don't. Also, I can't get the months off of work.
Haha, Ive considered myself a part of this community since to beginning of OT2. This week I've just been swamped with uni work, someone's got to become the saviour of video games ;)

Chinner

Banned
First sighting of Kojima since the news broke about the Konami restructure. He has been spotted vandalizing a car in Las Vegas.

v3CFxAY.jpg

zychi

Banned
Don't have much to do on Sundays since football ended. Been watching a bunch of streamers and practicing. Took me a few months, but I've finally done what I never thought I would be able to.

I've done MGS1 BB and MGS 3 Foxhound on ps2, but I think I'm going to work on 3 from the HD collection next. I really don't think I have the patience for MGS2 Big Boss

Palpable

I've done MGS1 BB and MGS 3 Foxhound on ps2, but I think I'm going to work on 3 from the HD collection next. I really don't think I have the patience for MGS2 Big Boss

Nicely done. MGS3 platinum on the HD collection is a cakewalk. You can do it in 1 playthrough.

strafer

Don't have much to do on Sundays since football ended. Been watching a bunch of streamers and practicing. Took me a few months, but I've finally done what I never thought I would be able to.

You're pretty good.

JayEH

Nice man! 2 and 4 are the hardest BB ranks IMO.

Rajang

Nice man! 2 and 4 are the hardest BB ranks IMO.

MGS4 is one of the easiest imo. The bike chase is the only difficult section.

I've done MGS1 and 3 as well but MGS2 is ridiculous. Especially from the Tengu battles untill the end, the torture in between is so hard. But still significantly easier than the PS2 version (Substance) of European Extreme, which is an absolute nightmare. The torture lasts 1 minute (HD collection is 15 seconds).

Mexen

Thumbs up, bro. Well done. I have all the inspiration I need now.

Congrats. MGS2 Big Boss is the ultimate challenge, do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom