• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Deimos

This one in combination with this one.

I made the shop at Chinner's request, lol. Had to fake the middle part of the hood, so that's probably why you don't recognize it from a pic.

Did you actually change the perspective of the original picture or did you find another image of the same car online?

Bricky

Did you actually change the perspective of the original picture or did you find another image of the same car online?

I tried doing the latter but ended up having to do the former. So yes, I changed the perspective with a bit of Photoshop trickery.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
2 + 3 = V

The Law of Fives, gentlemen:

"All things happen in fives, or are divisible by or are multiples of five, or are somehow directly or indirectly appropriate to 5. The Law of Fives is never wrong."

—Malaclypse the Younger, Principia Discordia, Page 00016

Fnord

Skullface

After a year, I finally mastered distance head shots with the tranq gun.
1254172884282.jpg

Laser sight=babby mode

Edit: is it me or is distance drop minuscule? I used to take shots with the trang gun planning for distance drop and now that I plan for the shot to go straight, I seem to get the head shot 9/10 times. And good dammit, I was trying to extract Glaz and Palitz but the fucking guards killed Palitz. Returning to a check point left me with him in my arms dead. -_- fuck me.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
don't know why all you guys are happy...

rip in peace Kojipro

There is a slim chance this is all just a ruse.

Remember in the Ground Zeroes Deja Vu mission you could erase all MGS logos. Or in the intro Skull Face erases the XOF logo to get rid of any evidence this ever existed. Same with "A Hideo Kojima Game" and the Kojima Productions logo.

2015-03-2314_31_54-meaiuut.png

I mean if it was any other company ok but this is Kojima we're talking about here.

I don't wanna get my hopes up but if anyone could pull something like this it's Kojima.

brau

There is a slim chance this is all just a ruse.

Remember in the Ground Zeroes Deja Vu mission you could erase all MGS logos. Or in the intro Skull Face erases the XOF logo to get rid of any evidence this ever existed. Same with "A Hideo Kojima Game" and the Kojima Productions logo.

2015-03-2314_31_54-meaiuut.png

I mean if it was any other company ok but this is Kojima we're talking about here.

I don't wanna get my hopes up but if anyone could pull something like this it's Kojima.

So you are saying Kojima leaving is a ruse?

SinShep

KojiPro's gone hunting
Konami
pirates.

Sn4ke_911

So you are saying Kojima leaving is a ruse?

Yes, Kojima is not leaving Konami and Kojima Productions won't be disbanded.

Again it's just a slim chance but there is a chance because Kojima.

It also fits the concept of MGSV with the erasing of logos and stuff.

Kindekuma

Banned
After a year, I finally mastered distance head shots with the tranq gun.

Laser sight=babby mode

Edit: is it me or is distance drop minuscule? I used to take shots with the trang gun planning for distance drop and now that I plan for the shot to go straight, I seem to get the head shot 9/10 times. And good dammit, I was trying to extract Glaz and Palitz but the fucking guards killed Palitz. Returning to a check point left me with him in my arms dead. -_- fuck me.

Awesome! Now practice shooting in 3rd person with no aiming reticule!

lol, if there's a connection with that I think it's more likely that this has been on the cards for 18 months and the marking game was put in there to make a statement.

brau

Any source to back this up?

I mean.. i am always to opinion and it would be great to see Kojima work on SHs. But nothing so far has indicated that this is a stunt. Specially this close to release.

Awesome! Now practice shooting in 3rd person with no aiming reticule!

image.php

That avatar is legendary haha.

Sn4ke_911

Any source to back this up?

I mean.. i am always to opinion and it would be great to see Kojima work on SHs. But nothing so far has indicated that this is a stunt. Specially this close to release.

To back up what? all I'm saying is there is a small chance this could all be a ruse because it's Kojima we're talking about here.

Another thing is Silent Hills, Del Toro etc. would they really give all this up? I just find it hard to believe.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Playing through Peace Walker again. I swear, it's the prototype for TPP. If it is going to be that game writ much larger I'm really excited at the prospect.

It is weirdly prophetic, isn't it? It's quite possible that Kojima and co saw something like this coming. I mean, we don't really hear about backdoor stuff straight away and big business tends to take a while to get wheels turning. I imagine there have been rumblings in boardrooms for quite a while. We're also talking about something that could potentially drastically effect sales, pre-orders and share prices. I dunno, it's all supposition at the moment, innit?

brau

To back up what? all I'm saying is there is a small chance this could all be a ruse because it's Kojima we're talking about here.

Another thing is Silent Hills, Del Toro etc. would they really give all this up? I just find it hard to believe.

I mean.. usually your posts tend to have something to back them up. You carry some weight when you post, so its interesting to know where you are coming from when you say this might be a stunt from kojima.

I can see the whole paralell with the logos erased in GZ, and his cryptic tweets. But i guess when you stare at something for so long you can see whatever you want in there.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I can see the whole paralell with the logos erased in GZ, and his cryptic tweets. But i guess when you stare at something for so long you can see whatever you want in there.

Normally, I'd agree. Apophenia and all that.

You gotta admit though, the Deja Vu mission is strangely on the nose in its prescience. It's most likely coincidence, but it is also possible he saw something like this on the cards and added it in.

There is a very, very, very, very, very slim chance that it is a ruse, though. I mean, if it is, he's really playing with fire in business terms. It could very easily backfire.

Loxley

So this whole fiasco with Kojima and Konami finally pushed me to purchase the MGS legacy collection for PS3. Good thing to, as the second round of printed discs are still available for less than $50. I wanted to grab it before it inevitably skyrockets in price again. Should arrive today :)

Now I just need to re-purchase a PS3, lulz.

Sn4ke_911

I mean.. usually your posts tend to have something to back them up. You carry some weight when you post, so its interesting to know where you are coming from when you say this might be a stunt from kojima.

No this time I have only the Ground Zeroes erasing logo thing, it's not much that's why I said it's a "slim chance".

Yeah I guess we just have to wait and see how it turns out but the best is probably to just accept it.

feels-bad-man.jpg

brau

Normally, I'd agree. Apophenia and all that.

You gotta admit though, the Deja Vu mission is strangely on the nose in its prescience. It's most likely coincidence, but it is also possible he saw something like this on the cards and added it in.

There is a very, very, very, very, very slim chance that it is a ruse, though. I mean, if it is, he's really playing with fire in business terms. It could very easily backfire.

It is... and thats why i am curious to see what people think when they say this might be an indication that Kojima knew all along and is just playing us like a fiddle.

TBH, the whole Deja Vu missions seems like a big coincidence to take lightly. Its way to precise in the choice of words and how it happens in the game.

Him sending tweets on the chopper with all those words that string up is really interesting too. I dunno.. the themes of TPP and GZ tend to be universal, so they can be applied to what is happening at Konami with him, but still... he is that good that his games can relate to a lot of different aspects of peoples life. To me, that at least, is awesome.

No this time I have only the Ground Zeroes erasing logo thing, it's not much that's why I said it's a "slim chance".

Yeah I guess we just have to wait and see how it turns out but the best is probably to just accept it.

I still think its a big coincidence.

What do you make of all of his tweets?

Also... what do you think will happen to the relation between Del Toro and Konami for SHs? i really have no idea how much into development they are at this point.

Also.. what is the point of scrubbing his name of EVERYTHING, including all statements from some people inside that they are having a dispute.

Too many discrepancies imo. Its a difficult thing to look at too. i dunno if i would be happy to see Kojima leave and do his own thing. Or stay and keep working on new games using his already well established team.

Mexen

On one hand given Kojima's
then
executive position at Konami, the possibility of a ruse is not far-fetched.
On the other hand, what's the point of trolling us any further?

Sn4ke_911

I still think its a big coincidence.

What do you make of all of his tweets?

Also... what do you think will happen to the relation between Del Toro and Konami for SHs? i really have no idea how much into development they are at this point.

Also.. what is the point of scrubbing his name of EVERYTHING, including all statements from some people inside that they are having a dispute.

Too many discrepancies imo. Its a difficult thing to look at too. i dunno if i would be happy to see Kojima leave and do his own thing. Or stay and keep working on new games using his already well established team.

Puh I don't know man. It all seems so weird.

That is another thing, do you really think Konami is that stupid? they finally found a good developer who is willing to work on Silent Hill to you know make the series relevant again. They have Del Toro on board too. It would be beyond stupid to disband Kojima Productions and fire Kojima after the huge success of P.T.

Everyone loves P.T., people can't wait to see more of Silent Hills. THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING KONAMI??? after Kojima and his team is out nobody will give a shit anymore about this game.

I don't think Konami hates money. First they have to search for a new Metal Gear team and then Silent Hill? not sure if Konami can be THAT STUPID but we'll see.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think Konami hates money.

Do you think maybe they see Kojima (even their entire gaming division) as a bit of a money hole? They haven't had huge successes in that department for a while now. It's possible they forced KJP to publish GZ separately to recoup some of the costs of TPP, developing the Fox Engine and even putting out PT (that was free, right?) incurred.

Sn4ke_911

Do you think maybe they see Kojima (even their entire gaming division) as a bit of a money hole? They haven't had huge successes in that department for a while now. It's possible they forced KJP to publish GZ separately to recoup some of the costs of TPP, developing the Fox Engine and even putting out PT (that was free, right?) incurred.

Definitely, well I wouldn't say money hole but the development of the Fox Engine and all the merchandising for MGSV must have cost a shitload of money, but who is responsible for this? we don't know.

Kojima said in an interview it was originally planned to release the full game at once but TPP development took longer than they thought so they didn't want to let fans wait so long for the new MGS game. (aka Konami cash grab. Konami probably came to Kojima and ask to split the game)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Kojima said in an interview it was originally planned to release the full game at once but TPP development took longer than they thought so they didn't want to let fans wait so long for the new MGS game. (aka Konami cash grab. Konami probably came to Kojima and ask to split the game)

Yeah, I'm inclined to go with that. The Kojima talk was likely spin.

Fox Engine and TPP have been in development for, what, 3-5 years now, I guess? That's a lot of money. PT must have cost money to develop too. What have Konami had out in that time that's made a decent enough profit to cover its own costs and Kojima's three projects, whilst still making a profit? PES, maybe, but even that would be a push.

On paper, it probably looks terrible in the short term.

Salaadin

This is probably the gist of what happened.

I just wonder what the tipping point was. New games can't be made without an engine to run them and a New engine seems like a necessary investment that you recoup the costs from later on.

According to wiki, kojipro had 200 staff in 2008. I don't know how daunting a lot of this stuff is for that many people but it does seem like they had a lot on their plate

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
This is probably the gist of what happened.

I just wonder what the tipping point was. New games can't be made without an engine to run them and a New engine seems like a necessary investment that you recoup the costs from later on.

According to wiki, kojipro had 200 staff in 2008. I don't know how daunting a lot of this stuff is for that many people but it does seem like they had a lot on their plate

Simply paying all those people their wages is going to be a massive overhead. Again, Konami likely see all this on paper and shit themselves. New trousers is another overhead they likely don't need.

If this isn't a ruse (which it likely isn't), the only way to get to the bottom of this is:

That's what it always boils down to.

Sn4ke_911

Yeah, I'm inclined to go with that. The Kojima talk was likely spin.

Fox Engine and TPP have been in development for, what, 3-5 years now, I guess? That's a lot of money. PT must have cost money to develop too. What have Konami had out in that time that's made a decent enough profit to cover its own costs and Kojima's three projects, whilst still making a profit? PES, maybe, but even that would be a push.

On paper, it probably looks terrible in the short term.

According to wikipedia, MGS4 was one of the most expensive games ever with over $70 million. That's pretty insane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop

MGS4 was 3 years in development.

MGSV is now over 5 years in development.

The game + Fox engine must be insanely expensive now.

Maybe Pre-order numbers weren't as high as they hoped? who knows...

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
According to wikipedia, MGS4 was one of the most expensive games ever with over $70 million. That's pretty insane.

It'd be interesting to see how much money they made back. Total sales are in the region of 6 million units, as far as I can tell.

Have preorders been setup for a while now? Surely they took a huge boost with the release date/CE announcements? Then again, the decision to absorb KJP and contract Kojima nd co was probably enacted a while ago.

If this is all a ruse, they'll most certainly take a dent considering the high emotions floating around.

Icefire1424

Gotta be honest here, when I first read the post suggesting that Kojima's impending departure from Konami may be nothing but an elaborate ruse, my first thought is that the poster was utterly and completely batshit crazy.

However.

I have to admit, having thought about it a bit more (and after just playing some GZ's this morning) - there may actually be some cause for questioning this as actually being some sort of ruse.

Looking purely at the facts - Kojima is certainly comfortable with deception. He's known for it in many respects. He's hid release dates in various forms of media. Hidden the fact that Phantom Pain was actually a Metal Gear game altogether. Hell, he created a playable trailer for an upcoming Silent Hill game under the guise of a non-existent studio. To say that he is both familiar and comfortable with hiding his true intentions from his fans would be a significant understatement.

The similarities between the Konami situation and a few plot lines within GZ's absolutely raises some eyebrows. The mission to "remove" the XOF insignia from around the base is something, but personally, the "Extract the VIP" mission altogether (and coincidentally, the one I played this morning) raises even more questions. The entire point of the mission is to extract a covert intelligent agent - played by Kojima, nonetheless - from a base where he was undercover. The mission is literally playing out the "defection" of Kojima from an organization that he was working with, albeit, while undercover. Granted, this very well could be cooincidence - GZ came out almost a year ago, and Kojima and Konami having planned out a ruse that far in advance seems highly unlikely, but again - Kojima has done this before.

Perhaps this is nothing and I'm looking for correlations that don't exist, but...there's still some doubt. Curious if there are any other similarities between the current news regarding Konami and anything else in GZ's.

Sn4ke_911

It'd be interesting to see how much money they made back. Total sales are in the region of 6 million units, as far as I can tell.

Have preorders been setup for a while now? Surely they took a huge boost with the release date/CE announcements? Then again, the decision to absorb KJP and contract Kojima nd co was probably enacted a while ago.

If this is all a ruse, they'll most certainly take a dent considering the high emotions floating around.

Well yeah or maybe they asked Kojima to make MGS6 and he didn't wanna do it. Or something completely different happened. We just don't know it and it's all pure speculation.

I just hope we find out the truth sometime, not knowing what the heck went down is frustrating as hell.

Gotta be honest here, when I first read the post suggesting that Kojima's impending departure from Konami may be nothing but an elaborate ruse, my first thought is that the poster was utterly and completely batshit crazy.

However.

I have to admit, having thought about it a bit more (and after just playing some GZ's this morning) - there may actually be some cause for questioning this as actually being some sort of ruse.

Looking purely at the facts - Kojima is certainly comfortable with deception. He's known for it in many respects. He's hid release dates in various forms of media. Hidden the fact that Phantom Pain was actually a Metal Gear game altogether. Hell, he created a playable trailer for an upcoming Silent Hill game under the guise of a non-existent studio. To say that he is both familiar and comfortable with hiding his true intentions from his fans would be a significant understatement.

The similarities between the Konami situation and a few plot lines within GZ's absolutely raises some eyebrows. The mission to "remove" the XOF insignia from around the base is something, but personally, the "Extract the VIP" mission altogether (and coincidentally, the one I played this morning) raises even more questions. The entire point of the mission is to extract a covert intelligent agent - played by Kojima, nonetheless - from a base where he was undercover. The mission is literally playing out the "defection" of Kojima from an organization that he was working with, albeit, while undercover. Granted, this very well could be cooincidence - GZ came out almost a year ago, and Kojima and Konami having planned out a ruse that far in advance seems highly unlikely, but again - Kojima has done this before.

Perhaps this is nothing and I'm looking for correlations that don't exist, but...there's still some doubt. Curious if there are any other similarities between the current news regarding Konami and anything else in GZ's.

Exactly, that stuff in GZ ...arghh can this really be just coincidence?

I mean look at this:

CAeMDETWUAEGGUI.jpg:large

JayEH

MGSV is now over 5 years in development.

The game + Fox engine must be insanely expensive now.

that number is wrong. I think Ken said if the budget was that high the game would be multiplatform.

Sn4ke_911

Controversy aside, didn't Kojima state he was going to do something never before done in gaming? What could that be?

He said there is something in TPP which has never been done in the industry before and it's only possible in videogames.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Well yeah or maybe they asked Kojima to make MGS6 and he didn't wanna do it. Or something completely different happened. We just don't know it and it's all pure speculation.

I just hope we find out the truth sometime, not knowing what the heck went down is frustrating as hell.

Someone is almost certainly making a development documentary. MGS ones tend to not shy away from the cold hard facts either.

Hopefully it gets released without being sliced to bits.

Haha! That's pretty good. It's not so on the nose as the insignia wiping, but I can certainly see similarities with the current situation.

Imagine if this is all a ruse (to reiterate: I strongly doubt it) and they announce KJP and Kojima/Shinkawa are 'back', so to speak:

"Let the legend come back to life!"

Thinking about it, Konami have got a really easy out if it is true and they decide to back track: simply say it was all a marketing ploy. :D

Sn4ke_911

Someone is almost certainly making a development documentary. MGS ones tend to not shy away from the cold hard facts either.

Hopefully it gets released without being sliced to bits.

Haha! That's pretty good. It's not so on the nose as the insignia wiping, but I can certainly see similarities with the current situation.

Imagine if this is all a ruse (to reiterate: I strongly doubt it) and they announce KJP and Kojima/Shinkawa are 'back', so to speak:

"Let the legend come back to life!"

Thinking about it, Konami have got a really easy out if it is true: simply say it was all a marketing ploy.

Haha yeah, or the whole revenge theme. We seek revenge for Kojima, we feel the Phantom Pain etc.

Man if this is a ruse, they've really overdone it this time because what about the official Konami press releases and stuff, they really play along with it? I find it hard to believe because that's a pretty big risk they take here.

GOD DO I HOPE THIS IS ALL JUST A RUSE AND KOJIMA AND KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS ARE FINE!

Rajang

So this whole fiasco with Kojima and Konami finally pushed me to purchase the MGS legacy collection for PS3. Good thing to, as the second round of printed discs are still available for less than $50. I wanted to grab it before it inevitably skyrockets in price again. Should arrive today :)

Now I just need to re-purchase a PS3, lulz.

Nice.

The Legacy Collection is a great collection with incredible value.

Playing through Peace Walker again. I swear, it's the prototype for TPP. If it is going to be that game writ much larger I'm really excited at the prospect.

MGSV was initially just going to be Peace Walker 2.

Controversy aside, didn't Kojima state he was going to do something never before done in gaming? What could that be?

That has something to do with gamers who have purchased GZ and have a GZ savefile going into TPP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom