• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That has something to do with gamers who have purchased GZ and have a GZ savefile going into TPP.

I'm not sure if he was specifically talking about GZ dude. IIRC he first answered a question about GZ and THEN said there will be something in MGSV.

Rajang

Yeah, it was about GZ. Someone asked a Kojima if they could revisit Camp Omega. And he responded that they have something cool planned for the people who own GZ.

“People who own GZ will be able to play a different mission(s) at Camp Omega in TPP. That’s the current plan. There’s something of a big feature involved. It’s never been done in the games industry before. So I can’t go into detail about it, but I think when you experience it for yourselves you’ll be surprised. It’s something that’s only possible through video games.”

So it seems that if you own Ground Zeroes, you will in fact be able to revisit the camp, and there will be some kind of surprise involved. Keep in mind though that this interview is from March of this year, so things may have changed since then.

Metal Gear Informer

Sn4ke_911

Yeah, it was about GZ. Someone asked a Kojima if they could revisit Camp Omega. And he responded that they have something cool planned for the people who own GZ.

No it was not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owxT2sAOJQw#t=28m40s

b-acgv7caaa-rqkttp7d.jpg

Rajang

Yes, it was.

Here is the part I left out:

Earlier this year Hideo Kojima was interviewed by Geoff Keighley, live on Twitch. One of the questions was whether or not we will be able to revisit Camp Omega, the enemy base in Ground Zeroes, in MGSV: The Phantom Pain. The translation by Kojima Productions’ Ken Mendoza was a bit unclear at the time, and the information was somewhat lost in translation. Kojima’s answer has recently been retranslated by JunkerHQ, and it appears Kojima was actually a bit more specific in his own words.

His actual response to the question was:

Then the quote I posted follows.

Ken Mendoza is probably the worst translator Kojima has ever had.

Icefire1424

Haha! That's pretty good. It's not so on the nose as the insignia wiping, but I can certainly see similarities with the current situation.

Imagine if this is all a ruse (to reiterate: I strongly doubt it) and they announce KJP and Kojima/Shinkawa are 'back', so to speak:

"Let the legend come back to life!"

Thinking about it, Konami have got a really easy out if it is true and they decide to back track: simply say it was all a marketing ploy. :D

For the record, my gut tells me this is not a ruse, although I really wouldn't be all that surprised if it turned out to be. Just find it particularly interesting in how much commonality there is between certain aspects of GZ and the Konami situation.

Selfishly, I hope it is a ruse however. As far as I'm concerned, Kojima is Metal Gear. I just don't think anyone aside from him would really be able to do the series justice.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
For the record, my gut tells me this is not a ruse, although I really wouldn't be all that surprised if it turned out to be. Just find it particularly interesting in how much commonality there is between certain aspects of GZ and the Konami situation.

It is weird. Perhaps a little too weird. But yeah, almost certainly not a ruse.

Selfishly, I hope it is a ruse however. As far as I'm concerned, Kojima is Metal Gear. I just don't think anyone aside from him would really be able to do the series justice.

It's like my favourite band has split up.

I really don't think this is a ruse.

It is making us hate Konami - why would them coming clean and announcing this was all a joke make us love everybody again?

I would lose a lot of respect for the entities involved for making me feel the way I do about all of this if it turned out to be just a ruse.

kmax

I really don't think this is a ruse.

It is making us hate Konami - why would them coming clean and announcing this was all a joke make us love everybody again?

I would lose a lot of respect for the entities involved for making me feel the way I do about all of this if it turned out to be just a ruse.

Don't worry, Konami is a corporation, and has a responsibility to their shareholders. Anyone insisting that it's a ruse has no idea how corporations work.

Rajang

I want it to be a ruse so bad. I posted a theory about it as well, but I don't know.. it still seems highly unlikely.

Pls be a ruse :<

Sn4ke_911

OH SHIT

2015-03-2319_10_07-me72sh3.png

"After some deliberation, and thanks to your input, we have implemented a custom match option that allows for additional player numbers"

"When playing a custom match, you can select 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, 6v6, 7v7, and 8v8 # of players"

HOLY CRAP THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Will continue update lol

Rajang

OH SHIT

"After some deliberation, and thanks to your input, we have implemented a custom match option that allows for additional player numbers"

"When playing a custom match, you can select 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, 6v6, 7v7, and 8v8 # of players"

Will continue update lol

HOLY SHIT.

That's fantastic news!

tumblr_mgqp1gkmst1ry16sjjh.gif

Vally

OH SHIT

Will continue update lol

Awesome! Specially 1v1 and 2v2 matches, that should be quite fun

OH SHIT

Will continue update lol
Custom match options are always welcome.

tumblr_nchjbfsY8X1t6xtc8o2_r1_500.gif

SJRB

Gold Member
8ZygJnv.jpg

Legacy Collection FINALLY mine.

Also scored two sweet coffee mugs, totally going to use the FOX mug at work.

OH SHIT

Will continue update lol
awesome!

Icefire1424

Question - has there been any word from Kojima since this all went down? Reading through a few threads and sounds like he's been absolutely silent since the announcement.

Salaadin

Does anyone here own an EZ Pass? I bought one today and it says that I have 35 bucks in my account but Im not seeing any pending charges on the CC on file. It worries me as Im taking a small trip this weekend and will need money in the account.

Maybe its just late and the charge will be pending tomorrow.

Sorry for asking here. I was just wondering.
I emailed them but I doubt Ill hear back today.

JayEH

Does anyone here own an EZ Pass? I bought one today and it says that I have 35 bucks in my account but Im not seeing any pending charges on the CC on file. It worries me as Im taking a small trip this weekend and will need money in the account.

Maybe its just late and the charge will be pending tomorrow.

Sorry for asking here. I was just wondering.
I emailed them but I doubt Ill hear back today.

I have one not sure I can help though. If they don't answer your email just call them up and get it checked. I haven't had horrible experiences with them...

Kojima said in an interview it was originally planned to release the full game at once but TPP development took longer than they thought so they didn't want to let fans wait so long for the new MGS game. (aka Konami cash grab. Konami probably came to Kojima and ask to split the game)
Actually, it's more cynical than that. He didn't say it was planned for release as a full game. He said in the very first interview that GZ would come first and TPP later. This is again backed up in an interview with one of the staff, saying GZ was made to teach the team how to work with the new engine. It was always planned to be released separately. Obviously, he's not going to so blunt to say "This will make more money", so he goes with the "for the player" angle.

Hello gaffers, this is my first post on neogaf, I'm excited to be here and to meet all you guys, and to talk about my favorite series I have always been a huge metal gear buff, and am so hyped for TPP i believe this will be Kojima's Magnum Opus, his swan song for the series,

Rean

Hello gaffers, this is my first post on neogaf, I'm excited to be here and to meet all you guys, and to talk about my favorite series I have always been a huge metal gear buff, and am so hyped for TPP i believe this will be Kojima's Magnum Opus, his swan song for the series,
Welcome to MGSGAF man! Enjoy your stay.

Welcome, BROTHEEER!

Something that always interested me about Big Boss, would you guys say he is seen as a sort of "Christ/Messiah" type figure, is he considered the greatest soldier in the MGS universe, someone that is seen as a sort of god-like figure to fellow soldiers around the world, or is it more a mixture of him being really skilled but also Patriot propaganda and Zero manipulating how BB is viewed

Rajang

Welcome brother.

tumblr_mwovnjYV8l1rsk0loo1_r1_400.gif

And I agree, I believe this will be Kojima's best game as well.

Rean

Something that always interested me about Big Boss, would you guys say he is seen as a sort of "Christ/Messiah" type figure, is he considered the greatest soldier in the MGS universe, someone that is seen as a sort of god-like figure to fellow soldiers around the world, or is it more a mixture of him being really skilled but also Patriot propaganda and Zero manipulating how BB is viewed
I could see that yea. He is known as the Legendary Soldier and lots of people admire him like that. I'd say its is a mixture of both those points. But now I guess he's more of a fallen angel that anything else.

He is god of war.

Welcome brother.

tumblr_mwovnjYV8l1rsk0loo1_r1_400.gif

And I agree, I believe this will be Kojima's best game as well.

I think it will be man, I think it will be, it's amazing it seemed like at MGS 4 Kojima was just ready to get done with MG, just wanted to make the game for the fans that needed closure and then move on, but somehow I feel like Peace Walker he like regained his love for MG and right after that game he wrote GZ/TPP, and despite everything going on recently with him and Konami, i feel like this is truly going to be not only the best metal gear, but one of the best games ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom