• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY FUCKING SHIT MGSV WILL DESTROY EVERYTHING NOT JUST THIS YEAR BUT THE YEARS AFTER TOO!!!!!! GAME OF THE GENERATION FOR GODDAMN SURE BREHS!!!

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS THIS IS A RIDE WE WILL NEVER FORGET!!!

GOAL = GAME OF A LIFETIME!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_naaoopwxkb1r3bz4qpg.jpg

i honestly believe MGS V will transcend the media and be the greatest game of all time

i honestly believe MGS V will transcend the media and be the greatest game of all time

But do you think there may be a game in the future that could possibly be more involving and interesting than MGS V? Or more controversial? What controversial elements do you think would be more shocking than ones we maybe might find in MGS V?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
welcome back sn4ke. Just to let you know I think you should change your gaf password. Seems like someone has been on your account the last couple of weeks posting Star Wars stuff.

Wait what, really? dang gotta change my pw, thanks for the heads up BRRRRRRROTHER!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!

Skullface

G-guys... I've returned from /mgg/. Those guys are totally gay for Big Boss. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, but they are a colorful bunch to say the least.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That thread on gaming is turning into one big, silly conspiracy discussion.

#TeamCG all over again.

For the record i was always on #teamreal (you can check on that crazy thread)

but this has just too much coincidence to not believe in it.

sorry i'm on phone

Dawg

For the record i was always on #teamreal (you can check on that crazy thread)

but this has just too much coincidence to not believe in it.

sorry i'm on phone

I ain't buying it!

I do believe the doctor might have been used as inspiration though. I just don't believe his medical work (head transplant) is a lie for MGSV.

Vally

G-guys... I've returned from /mgg/. Those guys are totally gay for Big Boss. Not that there's anything inherently wrong with that, but they are a colorful bunch to say the least.

Lol, they totally are

I check mgg from time to time and all I see is people posting Kaz=Ocelot theories, for their sanity's sake I hope they're just trolling

Ok. I posted the other day about the GZ mission somewhat freezing before the last cutscene( ps4). I now noticed that sometimes the cutscene itself is messed up. The subtitles appear well before the words are actually spoken . They're not in sync.

Skullface

Lol, they totally are

I check mgg from time to time and all I see is people posting Kaz=Ocelot theories, for their sanity's sake I hope they're just trolling

Lol "the fact that they're in the same scene is deliberate misdirection" "Ocelot and Miller are two personas played by Adam"

Christ

Venom Fox

Banned
Yeah I'm with Dawg on this one.

I've thought long and hard about this doctor theory and I think kojima must have heard about this Doctor and asked for his likeness and maybe his input on the Phantom Pain medical condition.

We really need a new trailer or a demonstration or both, we've all clearly gone completely mad.

I think the most likely scenario is that Either:

A. He based the Doctor character off the portrait of Doctor Madnar from MG1, and in doing research on Phantom Pain and neurological disorders, discovered that guy. The 3D modelers needed a reference, although this goes against the idea that Code Talker was the only one they had to create a face for.

B. Paid that guy to use his likeness, or they found someone extremely similar to him. Which isn't uncommon in the world, some people look very similar despite being in completely different parts of the world.

EDIT: I remember Kojima talking about having Doctors around to make sure every procedure or medical issue in the game that happened was accurate, it's entirely possible they had this guy on set and also scanned his likeness.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
if that guy is real im worried, the procedure looks like a bunch of bull and if actually tried it'll probably kill the volunteer

Hello, BROTHERS
My account recently was verified and this is my first post. I've occasionally lurked for a while and always thought MGS Gaf was cool.
Looks like I joined at a good time too with the head transplant guy stuff :^)

Vally

Hello, BROTHERS
My account recently was verified and this is my first post. I've occasionally lurked for a while and always thought MGS Gaf was cool.

Yep, you joined at the right time :D welcome brother!

Venom Fox

Banned
Hello, BROTHERS
Welcome, I joined yesterday (to be a part of MGS GAF) and you have definitely come to the right part of Gaf.

Venom Fox

Banned
This is what I think will happen in TTP.

At some point in the game kojima will do a bait and switch with Gray Fox/Big Boss and we will find out that Frank Yeager/Gray Fox had his face changed to resemble Big Boss as a part of a cover up by Cypher.
The reason being that he feared the world finding out about the legendary Big Boss's coma. (This was also the reason for the les enfants terrible project wasn't it?)

That or.

Cypher was relentlessly hunting BB so he persuaded Frank/Fox to switch faces to stop Cypher from going after the real BB while he gathered his supplies and soldiers to build Outer Heaven.

(There is too much evidence from Python Selkan as well as images from Kojima himself to suggest otherwise)

When BB does wake up however we will continue playing the game as the real BB and build our outer heavens up until the point where solid snake is introduced as a rookie, trained up and sent on his mission to infiltrate OH.

The end will be a qte fight between BB and SS with the song Heavens Divide playing in the background to make it more emotional

On mobile so sorry for any spelling errors.

Disclaimer: Not that I fully believe Python but there is a lot of evidence if you look past most of his fluff.

Rajang

Hello, BROTHERS

Welcome brother.

iPA8XUYjM3lXM.gif

This is what I think will happen in TTP.

At some point in the game kojima will do a bait and switch with Gray Fox/Big Boss and we will find out that Frank Yeager/Gray Fox had his face changed to resemble Big Boss as a part of a cover up by Cypher.
The reason being that he feared the world finding out about the legendary Big Boss's coma. (This was also the reason for the les enfants terrible project wasn't it?)

That or.

Cypher was relentlessly hunting BB so he persuaded Frank/Fox to switch faces to stop Cypher from going after the real BB while he gathered his supplies and soldiers to build Outer Heaven.

(There is too much evidence to suggest otherwise)

When BB does wake up however we will continue playing the game as the real BB and build our outer heavens up until the point where solid snake is introduced as a rookie, trained up and sent on his mission to infiltrate OH.

The end will be a qte fight between BB and SS with the song Heavens Divide playing in the background to make it more emotional

On mobile so sorry for any spelling errors.

No.

Shy

Hello, BROTHERS
Welcome BROTHER. hope you have an awesome time on the gafs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom