• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I never understood was that if this was done so early (before they'd even had the discussions about Kiefer) and was lip synced in Japanese, why does the script have like... zero changes? The subtitles we got for the PAX trailer is the exact same dialogue actually spoken by Kiefer, Downes and company in the final english version. They didn't rewrite the script or change a single word once they made the switch up to english as the default language, it's no wonder that cutscene had mixed reactions when they first uploaded the english dub.

i'd assume the team that does translations had already translated it. what's wrong with the dialogue? i think it's pretty good

Vally

B is Solid appears but no Hayter right? Team B all the way.

Yep

i1IYpDSEIxrCi.png

JayEH

What I never understood was that if this was done so early (before they'd even had the discussions about Kiefer) and was lip synced in Japanese, why does the script have like... zero changes? The subtitles we got for the PAX trailer is the exact same dialogue actually spoken by Kiefer, Downes and company in the final english version. They didn't rewrite the script or change a single word once they made the switch up to english as the default language, it's no wonder that cutscene had mixed reactions when they first uploaded the english dub.

yeah that's super weird. This would also dispel all the people who claim the reason Big Boss doesn't talk much is because of Kiefer. (Though people seem to ignore that Kojima has been wanting Snake to talk less for years.)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kojima is like WTF are you doing? work on the game dammit, no time for some stupid tourneys.

Sn4ke_911

Yeah I think the game is done ...they're celebrating that it went gold.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

B-P-OjNCUAAyJBT.jpg:large

Rajang

One of the best scenes I've seen of this game yet. The music, the slow mo when Big Boss and DD look back.... SO EPIC.

I know right.

Cipher Cat must be killing himself that DD is a dog.

:>

Don't worry Cipher Cat, there are always mods on PC version.. so you can replace DD with a fluffy cat.

B-ACGv7CAAA-rQk.jpg

Sn4ke_911

Rean

So what are your favorite songs form each of the games?

My List

MGS1: Enclosure
MGS2: Main Theme
MGS3: Snake Eater
MGS4: Enclosure
MGS:pO: Calling to the Night
MGS:pW: Snake Eater piano instrumental
MGS:GZ: Love Deterrence

JayEH

My List

I know it's in the game but how is a PW song your favorite GZ song? lol

sexyelder

My List

Same for all except 4 is Old Snake, PW is Heavens Divide, and GZ is the heavens divide instrumental.

JayEH

Didn't want to pick main themes so:
MGS1: Encounter
MGS2: Dead Cell
MGS3: Alert Mode
MGS4: Old Snake
MGS PW: Heaven's Divide
MGS GZ: Escape Theme (Subject to change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom