• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorTom

Kojima wants to quit his job because of the division
smug.gif
It's because he knows ubisoft will fuck it up......he doesn't want to be a part of the same industry.

JayEH

Hahaha.

Just as good as your idea that Ubisoft should buy Metal Gear.

Why not Ubisoft makes the best open world games in the industry. Imagine two new Metal Gear games a year since Ubi has the manpower to do it. Imagine collectibles out the wazoo. Imagine all the towers you could dream to climb. Imagine all the repeatable side missions you could do. Imagine all the leaps of faith you could do!

Why not Ubisoft makes the best open world games in the industry. Imagine two new Metal Gear games a year since Ubi has the manpower to do it. Imagine collectibles out the wazoo. Imagine all the towers you could dream to climb. Imagine all the repeatable side missions you could do. Imagine all the leaps of faith you could do!

The cinematic frame rate

60fps?

No 24 Fps is what MGS V needs

Rajang

mickey-zumbi.png

Rean

Don't even joke about that.

JayEH

Kojima recognizes the greatness that is Ubisoft. You guys should too. Ubi montreal is the only developer he would allow to touch metal gear. You guys want a VR story? Ubi got you covered.

Big Boss dived into a hay box (Assassins' Box) in Costa Rica. Therefore, both games are set in the same universe.

Yeah, like you showed in that image. :p

Early screenshot I took using the DualShock 4's Share Button. (Linked from Facebook.)

Taking a break from The Order 1886. Really enjoying my time with it thus far. First things first, the game is beautiful. Now, with that out of the way, let me just say that I never really expected some kind of unforgettable tale that I would pass on to my children and children's children. I expected... well, I didn't really expect anything. I'm just enjoying it for what it is. If I had to liken it to an experience I've had in recent memory, it would be Battlefield 4. I enjoyed that game's story, and thought of it as an awesome sort of popcorn flick. Nothing to write home about, but I don't feel it really has to be - just along for the ride. That's how I feel about The Order. (This could change for better or worse, of course, as I progress!) All that being said, I find myself much more engaged by the characters themselves than the plot. The music is really on point here, as well. Just blends right in with the game's atmosphere. As for the game itself, I'm really enjoying the gameplay (really responsive and tight). There are loads of QTEs, and in this case, I don't really have a problem with it. The primary reason for that being, the game really nails seamless transition between cutscene and gameplay. The gameplay-to-cutscene actions have really blown me away. (The animations are so fluid!) Things are dynamic in these sequences, which in a game like this, I wasn't really expecting. By that I mean, if I am on one side of a table and I sneak up and grab an enemy and drag him across that table, the objects on the table are affected by the actions. Which brings me to my next point. This game is incredibly detailed. Despite the game's linearity, what can be seen on screen has a remarkable level of detail applied to it. Another area in which the game shines is its voice acting. Wow. Just remarkable. It really adds a lot to each and every scene - very lifelike. One more thing I absolutely have to mention is the game's "Inspect" feature. Sweet Jesus, I know. It's a little thing and no one cares. But oh, my, it is one of the coolest things I have seen in a game. (For those who aren't aware, you are able to examine an object by rotating it and turning it over for examination.) It's not, like, going to propel the game to "Game of the Year" status in anyone's book, but I am thoroughly impress with some of the small details they implemented into the game. The environments are pretty rad so far - interior and exterior environments are just really nice to look at. Well, those are my impressions after one sitting with the game (four hours or so). If I had to guess, I'd say I'm about halfway through the game. Will jump back in and knock it out after dinner.

Rajang

Early screenshot I took using the DualShock 4's Share Button. (Linked from Facebook.)

Taking a break from The Order 1886. Really enjoying my time with it thus far. First things first, the game is beautiful. Now, with that out of the way, let me just say that I never really expected some kind of unforgettable tale that I would pass on to my children and children's children. I expected... well, I didn't really expect anything. I'm just enjoying it for what it is. If I had to liken it to an experience I've had in recent memory, it would be Battlefield 4. I enjoyed that game's story, and thought of it as an awesome sort of popcorn flick. Nothing to write home about, but does it really have to be? That's how I feel about The Order. All that being said, I find myself much more engaged by the characters themselves than the plot. The music is really on point here, as well. Just blends right in with the game's atmosphere. As for the game itself, I'm really enjoying the gameplay (really responsive and tight). There are loads of QTEs, and in this case, I don't really have a problem with it. The primary reason for that being, the game really nails seamless transition between cutscene and gameplay. The gameplay-to-cutscene actions have really blown me away. (The animations are so fluid!) Things are dynamic in these sequences, which in a game like this, I wasn't really expecting. By that I mean, if I am on one side of a table and I sneak up and grab an enemy and drag him across that table, the objects on the table are affected by the actions. Which brings me to my next point. This game is incredibly detailed. Despite the game's linearity, what can be seen on screen has a remarkable level of detail applied to it. Another area in which the game shines is its voice acting. Wow. Just remarkable. It really adds a lot to each and every scene - very lifelike. One more thing I absolutely have to mention is the game's "Inspect" feature. Sweet Jesus, I know. It's a little thing and no one cares. But oh, my, it is one of the coolest things I have seen in a game. (For those who aren't aware, you are able to examine an object by rotating it and turning it over for examination.) It's not, like, going to propel the game to "Game of the Year" status in anyone's book, but I am thoroughly impress with some of the small details they implemented into the game. The environments are pretty rad so far - interior and exterior environments are just really nice to look at. Well, those are my impressions after one sitting with the game (four hours or so). If I had to guess, I'd say I'm about halfway through the game. Will jump back in and knock it out after dinner.

Interesting.

What difficulty are you playing on? And how gory is the game? I remember seeing a few gifs where you can literally shoot someones legs and arm off with the triple barrel shotgun.

Rajang

Hmmmm I definitely still want to play it but I think I'll wait for it to drop in price a bit. I did have it pre-ordered but I cancelled it and pre-ordered dying light instead.

I'm still interested as well.

When I have my MGSV theme'd PS4 the game will be super cheap anyway. I'll probably even buy it pre-owned.

Edit: Hahaha Dawg.

NYR94

An analysis presented by NeoGaf forum user Love Deterrence stated that the new map is "1.2 to 2 times" bigger than the ground scale of the MGS: Ground Zeroes map. Love Deterrence went on to specify that The Phantom Pain map could also be 7 x 7 times bigger than the portion presented during the Tokyo Game Show 2014 event.

The user went on to stipulate that since the forthcoming game has been reported to include at least two maps, which is Africa Afghanistan, this could mean that MGS: The Phantom Pain could actually be 1.5 - 2x bigger than that of GTA V's map.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/m...s-konami-q3-report-points-to-mid-2015-134283/

Interesting.

What difficulty are you playing on? And how gory is the game? I remember seeing a few gifs where you can literally shoot someones legs and arm off with the triple barrel shotgun.

Medium! Pretty gory during fight sequences, but not too, too much outside of that. Bewbs, though! :-D

I knew you two ding-dongs were going to say something!

edit: LD bout to get the CP check.

Holy fuck.

Dude, seriously. Dafuq? It's not my picture!!!! :lol :lol :lol I swear, man. XD
Thanks for dat GMP, doe, CP!

MajorTom

So have we ever gotten a definitive answer to whether the majority of mgs-gaf are European? It's always dead around this time.

I'm in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom