• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I cried when I found out they weren't making the main theme anymore. That was the best music from soundtrack. Vanished. Nothing can replace it.

Yeah that was a sad day for every MGS fan... the thing that pisses me off is it was completely useless, that russian composer is completely unknown. He probably got nothing out of it.

What is this place I've stumbled into? Kojima has to be the only game designer to attract this amount of crazy!

Welcome, BROTHER!! You won't regret stopping by. RUN. RUN FOR YOUR FUCKING LIFE. GET AWAY WHILE YOU STILL CAN. THIS PLACE WILL RUIN YOU. IT IS DAMAGING TO MIND, BODY, AND SPIRIT. THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE. You'll totally love it here!

Sonia_(6).png

Sn4ke_911

Welcome, BROTHER!! You won't regret stopping by. RUN. RUN FOR YOUR FUCKING LIFE. GET AWAY WHILE YOU STILL CAN. THIS PLACE WILL RUIN YOU. IT IS DAMAGING TO MIND, BODY, AND SPIRIT. THIS IS YOUR LAST CHANCE. You'll totally love it here!

Sonia_(6).png

:lol

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I uh, had a dream last night that I met Kojima. It's due to some medicine/dietary changes. Anyway, I think I did okay, basically just told him I loved his work, esp Metal Gear, and let him go on his way. He was very generous lol

Yeah that was a sad day for every MGS fan... the thing that pisses me off is it was completely useless, that russian composer is completely unknown. He probably got nothing out of it.

It's russian classic composer. He is well know in Russia/Former USSR. If I remember correctly.
But yeah, dunno why they still can't use theme. Because everywhere is used classic music in movies/games without any problem.
I think if Kojima would wanted to keep theme he would do that. But maybe he took this as a sign and now want to show something new. Or it is his trump card and old main theme will be in Phantom Pain like Hayter.

sexyelder

It's russian classic composer. He is well know in Russia/Former USSR. If I remember correctly.
But yeah, dunno why they still can't use theme. Because everywhere is used classic music in movies/games without any problem.
I think if Kojima would wanted to keep theme he would do that. But maybe he took this as a sign and now want to show something new. Or it is his trump card and old main theme will be in Phantom Pain like Hayter.

There was never any legal trouble, the songs are different enough that it isnt plagiarism. Kojima just stopped its one thing I dont like about him, his games borrow from so many movies yet he cant have one song that may or may not be unoriginal. That theme is Metal Gear when Big Boss died I was so pissed off that it wasn't playing.

Sn4ke_911

I uh, had a dream last night that I met Kojima. It's due to some medicine/dietary changes. Anyway, I think I did okay, basically just told him I loved his work, esp Metal Gear, and let him go on his way. He was very generous lol

Dude isn't it strange? I forgot to tell this but a few days ago I had a dream. I was at a MGSV event and there was huuuge The Phantom Pain poster on stage but the bottom was covered. The show started and it dragged on and on and suddenly they took a break and everyone was gone, I jumped on the stage ran over to the poster looked behind the cover and was completely shocked. I saw the release date. It was
november, forgot the actual date
. I just starred at it, broke down until the security dragged me off the stage :lol then I think i woke up.

True story no bullshit, normally I NEVER dream about stuff like this, most the time I forgot what i dreamed off last night. That was really weird... hope that's not a sign for things to come lol.

I miss the main theme so much. If it doesn't return I will make use of the custom soundtrack feature or modding to bring it back in my game... :p

Sn4ke_911

You know what's also sad outside from the my having a release date.. This might be the last directed MGS Kojima game.

At least for now yes, I want a Kojima directed The Boss game so much, hopefully he returns.

But for now he has to safe the Silent Hill franchise and maybe after that ZOE.

There was never any legal trouble, the songs are different enough that it isnt plagiarism. Kojima just stopped its one thing I dont like about him, his games borrow from so many movies yet he cant have one song that may or may not be unoriginal. That theme is Metal Gear when Big Boss died I was so pissed off that it wasn't playing.

It is absolutely similar enough for a lawsuit

I wouldn't say he is completely unknown. He was pretty big in the USSR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgy_Sviridov

Pretty crazy how things turned out though.

Here is the song in question

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_v7t2p7FR0

Hey, guys. I'm picking up an Xbox One this week. I setup a new gamertag. Going to add it to the Metal Gear Sharing doc.

Gamertag: Goodbye Despair

top kek

sexyelder

You know what's also sad outside from not having a release date.. This might be the last directed MGS Kojima game.

Im happy for him though, he finally gets to do something different, he's worked on this game series for nearly 30 years. The Boss may also be a perfect character for a new director to make his own, maybe The Boss will be the new Snake for the next generation of Metal Gear.

LOL Monokuma!

Last I checked gears hasn't released yet *smugface
I'll get one eventually at least you're going to play TR day one.

Hahaha! Yeah, man!! My old tag is on an old LIVE account. Didn't really have any friends or achievements or anything, so figured I'd just start a new one up! Had to represent that Danganronpa! :lol But yes, Tomb Raider will be great. I really want to play MCC, so going to play through those!

Havin' a giggel r ya m8

Im happy for him though, he finally gets to do something different, he's worked on this game series for nearly 30 years. The Boss may also be a perfect character for a new director to make his own, maybe The Boss will be the new Snake for the next generation of Metal Gear.

I wouldn't mind a reboot btw, as long liquid isn't killed in the first installment.

You guys are making excuses. I am a diehard MGS fan, and I have always loved the theme, but you simply cannot deny that this is plagiarism. You could say it's an homage, or a remix at best, but no credit was given to the original composer whatsoever, and that is not cool. I'm a musician myself, and I can't even imagine how pissed I would be if I put my mind and soul into a good track, only to have someone steal it and get all the credit for it. Even Kojima himself was shocked at the similarities. Personally, I think the revised MGS theme is equal to this. Not better, but equal.

280.gif

Batzi

Banned

Not only that, but Tappy's version and later HGW's version are way better. Stupid decision by Konami for not buying the license.

On a separate topic, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition on PS4 is just 14$ on the store. Limited time sale though so go get it now!! 0_o

You mean starring*? I miss Solid Snake to be honest.

We all do, but at times I don't think Kojima gets the character. I believe he said something along the lines that " solid snake is a clone without feelings or emotions" something along those lines which is why he prefers big boss to me is a load crap.

sexyelder

mgs5-snake-growing-horn.jpg

How big do you think Big Boss' s horn can get? You think this pic is about the limit or do you think it can get even larger? Also wont this be a hinderrence when he tries to put cloth on, itll rip a lot of shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom