• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vally

mgs5-snake-growing-horn.jpg

How big do you think Big Boss' s horn can get? You think this pic is about the limit or do you think it can get even larger? Also wont this be a hinderrence when he tries to put cloth on, itll rip a lot of shirts.

That should be about the limit imo, anything larger than that and there would be many clipping issues

sexyelder

TPP torture scene Tap X to remove big boss horn.

Ehh the scary part is that that'll probably happen. Big Boss has been tortured in every game he's in. The brain tissue being ripped apart as its pulled out, putting big boss into a blind rage and using his horn to gut his torturers. ('u')

Even though I played it on the PS3, would you say there is a big difference between both versions?

I would say so, yes. The game was so much more enjoyable for me on PlayStation 4 than PlayStation 3. Players who played the original release on PC, obviously, won't notice a difference. But going from PS3 to PS4 (in this kind of game, in particular) is night and day. Changed my entire perception of the game, honestly. After DE, I am super stoked for RoTR!

You know what's also sad outside from not having a release date.. This might be the last directed MGS Kojima game.

I'm far less convinced than i've been with any of the other titles that this will actually be Kojima's last Metal Gear. I mean, god forbid something happened to the man that prevented him from doing so... but I don't even really believe him that the "plan" is actually for him to walk away from Metal Gear after TPP based on what i've read.

We know he actually has ideas for games within the framework of the Metal Gear saga he still wants to create like the one starring the Boss, he's even gone as far as saying that such a game couldn't be a spinoff and would have to be part of the main series and we know he has had no success passing that on to anyone. The Boss is a character he loves and if he really felt that game needed to be created, I think he would want to be the one to do it especially as his team rejected that idea to make the original Rising and screwed that up.

What Kojima is really trying to get at when he says a Metal Gear will be the last in the series is that he makes each game with that mindset, trying to put everyting he can into it instead of trying to leave room for sequels. I think that is a good way to go about things creatively and it's why his games are so awesome, Phantom Pain is no different in this regard.

I think if there's anything that is going against any more Metal Gears it would be the general "fatigue" of the series and the weight each game has put on Kojima. He's directed so many installments, maybe if Silent Hills does well he'll embrace that and run away from the franchise like a lot of people are hoping he will? But I think if he actually came back from a game that was stressing and advertising it's "finality" and made Kojima as depressed as MGS4, he can come back direct the series after anything. I mean, where is any of that for MGSV anyway...? As much as I want it to be, it doesn't even feel like they've been hyping or marketing this one as the closing chapter of the Big Boss saga, let alone the entire franchise, in the way they did with Solid Snake and MGS4. They've just said it will show Snake becoming the bad guy and creating Outer Heaven.

In one interview, Kojima more or less said that removing Hayter and hiring Kiefer was a decision he made not because Hayter couldn't have realistically done the facial capture for this project but in order to future-proof the games, as he feels like they will eventually have to use full body capture in a sequel which ordinary voice actors won't be capable of doing... that is his "reasoning" (I know fans have their own ideas) but if this is even the last game for Big Boss, why would they need Kiefer for a future opportunity? Why couldn't they just cap off the "Snake" saga and give Hayter one last run? Solid Snake and Big Boss's stories should be done after TPP, right...? and there's a lot of other potential stories for games as well ( link to what I'm talking about: http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/22/kojima-totally-dodges-question-about-replacing-hayter-as-snake/ )

So yeah, even though I kind of agree with the general sentiment that this should be the last one... I'm not even feeling like it will be with this one like I did with MGS4. Just my opinion, though.

Do you mean any soldiers or only unique ones like Glaz and Palitz?
Well thats thing, we don't really know the full extent of how this will work. I assume all the POWs and kojima will be in your MB if you have a GZ save with them extracted, but we don't know if random soldiers will be too

An another note that's being discussed here. I would like to see another MGS with solid snake. Be it a MG1/2 reimagining or even something taking.place between mgs1 and 2 or 2 and 4. I'd rather have that than a game with the boss or liquid or anyone else (Other than an mgs6 where we establish and build foxhound as BB)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm far less convinced than i've been with any of the other titles that this will actually be Kojima's last Metal Gear. I mean, god forbid something happened to the man that prevented him from doing so... but I don't even really believe him that the "plan" is actually for him to walk away from Metal Gear after TPP based on what i've read.

We know he actually has ideas for games within the framework of the Metal Gear saga he still wants to create like the one starring the Boss, he's even gone as far as saying that such a game couldn't be a spinoff and would have to be part of the main series and we know he has had no success passing that on to anyone. The Boss is a character he loves and if he really felt that game needed to be created, I think he would want to be the one to do it especially as his team rejected that idea to make the original Rising and screwed that up.

What Kojima is really trying to get at when he says a Metal Gear will be the last in the series is that he makes each game with that mindset, trying to put everyting he can into it instead of trying to leave room for sequels. I think that is a good way to go about things creatively and it's why his games are so awesome, Phantom Pain is no different in this regard.

I think if there's anything that is going against any more Metal Gears it would be the general "fatigue" of the series and the weight each game has put on Kojima. He's directed so many installments, maybe if Silent Hills does well he'll embrace that and run away from the franchise like a lot of people are hoping he will? But I think if he actually came back from a game that was stressing and advertising it's "finality" and made Kojima as depressed as MGS4, he can come back direct the series after anything. I mean, where is any of that for MGSV anyway...? As much as I want it to be, it doesn't even feel like they've been hyping or marketing this one as the closing chapter of the Big Boss saga, let alone the entire franchise, in the way they did with Solid Snake and MGS4. They've just said it will show Snake becoming the bad guy and creating Outer Heaven.

In one interview, Kojima more or less said that removing Hayter and hiring Kiefer was a decision he made not because Hayter couldn't have realistically done the facial capture for this project but in order to future-proof the games, as he feels like they will eventually have to use full body capture in a sequel which ordinary voice actors won't be capable of doing... that is his "reasoning" (I know fans have their own ideas) but if this is even the last game for Big Boss, why would they need Kiefer for a future opportunity? Why couldn't they just cap off the "Snake" saga and give Hayter one last run? Solid Snake and Big Boss's stories should be done after TPP, right...? and there's a lot of other potential stories for games as well ( link to what I'm talking about: http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/22/kojima-totally-dodges-question-about-replacing-hayter-as-snake/ )

So yeah, even though I kind of agree with the general sentiment that this should be the last one... I'm not even feeling like it will be with this one like I did with MGS4. Just my opinion, though.

I think it was also a good opportunity to make a shift for this character.

Meaning he will still be Solid Snake
in TPP :smugface:

sexyelder

There's not rage on his face, i see sadness instead.

He didnt cause all that, he didnt kill all those children. I bet someone like Skullface knew he was there for some reason and bombed the village trying to kill big boss. But big boss still blames himself because he's the one who put them in danger in the first place.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
For me, it is hard to have to decide between these two. Because those are my favorites aswell.

Anyway, from now on, I keep constantly updating my avatar post. But not only pixel art avatars, but others aswell. I will post those which I added aswell. Starting with these:

e6f63vmy.png
yryeurlb.png
dmvx5b3r.png
is9usvrh.png
pjlbdxsy.png
b5zb5qk5.png

Those are awesome, Cipher.

Lernaean

Banned
For me, it is hard to have to decide between these two. Because those are my favorites aswell.

Anyway, from now on, I keep constantly updating my avatar post. But not only pixel art avatars, but others aswell. I will post those which I added aswell. Starting with these:

e6f63vmy.png
yryeurlb.png
dmvx5b3r.png
is9usvrh.png
pjlbdxsy.png
b5zb5qk5.png

Kawaii!

e6f63vmy.png
yryeurlb.png
dmvx5b3r.png
is9usvrh.png
pjlbdxsy.png
b5zb5qk5.png

Damn, amazing work.

MajorTom

I'm fairly certain the horn will be gone by the end of the game.

I still dont understand why he has the horn. If it is actually a piece of shrapnel in his head then surely it should have killed him ? Hopefully it will be explained.
Also thank you Cipher Cat for the new avatar :D

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

e6f63vmy.png
yryeurlb.png
dmvx5b3r.png
is9usvrh.png
pjlbdxsy.png
b5zb5qk5.png

Well good!

Well thats thing, we don't really know the full extent of how this will work. I assume all the POWs and kojima will be in your MB if you have a GZ save with them extracted, but we don't know if random soldiers will be too

Yeah, we don't know how exactly this will work, but I'll go on a limb and say that random soldiers won't be included - it'll most likely only be the POWs and special characters like Gatz and Palitz. Simply because it only mentions "Prisoners or unique characters recovered from the field". Oh, and the MSF sneaking suit.

I'd suggest not to waste hours on extracting random soldiers, just to be safe. It may be a waste of time. Unless you just want to use that as an excuse to play the game again :p

Pinewood

Yeah, we don't know how exactly this will work, but I'll go on a limb and say that random soldiers won't be included - it'll most likely only be the POWs and special characters like Gatz and Palitz. Simply because it only mentions "Prisoners or unique characters recovered from the field". Oh, and the MSF sneaking suit.

I'd suggest not to waste hours on extracting random soldiers, just to be safe. It may be a waste of time. Unless you just want to use that as an excuse to play the game again :p

Wait, you can extract random soliders in GZ too? Huh.

Yeah, i agree. That sounds about right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom