• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batzi

Banned
B-GNG-4CEAAlwF-.jpg:orig

Dude that sneaking suit is the best! And is that snow outside? :eek:

Theorized sequence of events:

Game opens with no crash and we get the bloodied face scene. Something else happens between the hospital (maybe they go to France to see Cecil and shit goes down) but whatever it is (it probably happens somewhere in Europe), it kills Chico and Kaz AND Big Boss lose limbs. Morpho takes them Cyprus for some reason. Maybe because it's off the radar and they have connections there.

Boss enters a coma and Kaz starts his new (crippled) life. he eventually starts up Diamond Dogs. Now since Ocelot is a quadruple agent he finds out the XOF knows where Boss is being held and they're trying to take him out. Ocelot recruits Psycho Mantis and try to get to Boss first. Mantis starts sending out illusions everywhere to "help out" Boss. Boss leaves with Ocelot and he begins to heal at new mother base.

In the meantime, Kaz is trying to make a deal with either the Taliban or Russians in Afghanistan. He has bodyguards since he's crippled. Something happens and he''s captured by the Russians. Ocelot finds out and tells Boss.

These are just some vibes I'm getting from trailers with no real proof. So please remember that before you say my theory is dumb. This is just a fun mind experiment.

This is good...
Isn't it?

For what it's worth, I think the E3 2013 Skull Face reveal will actually take place shortly after Ground Zeroes. I think he and XOF land, his men ready their weapons, and he orders them to stand down (in the flashy manner seen in said trailer). I also think he reveals that they destroyed Mother Base. Sometime during the scene, both MSF and XOF are ambushed by Cipher. Big Boss ends up in a coma, and the third guy is with XOF, possibly even Skull Face. Down the road, some time later in TPP, Big Boss and Skull Face team up to bring down Cipher (the enemy of my enemy is my friend); I think this because of the E3 2014 Director's Cut trailer ending.

So, yeah, that's one possibility I came up with. Obviously, there are a ton of questions that would need to be answered, but I think it's a possibility.

Prepare for making another awesome OT next week, when it's time for:

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| OT1 is still active!

/DEAD

OT2, our new home...

Good job OP!

Thank you, brother!!

LD I noticed an error in the OP. Under playable characters where is Gray Fox?

Dude! :lol I totally wanted to include that!!!!

A little late but kudos on the OT, it's incredible!

The Metal Gear Community thread, the greatest OT ever made. More than enough to wow anything that moves.

Hahaha! Thanks so much, and welcome! Incredible username. Possibly the best
behind FantasticMrFoxdie
! :-D

yjCc18q.png

Brought a tear to my eye....

Perhaps one day I will be back to make the wall of shame again... but until then...

Big-Boss-Salute-1.gif

1517604-old_snake_salute_1280x720.jpg

I'm happy for you OP, you did a really good job on the OP.

The hype delivered, now let's see if the game can.

Thank you, brother!!!! The game will be ass, GET HYPE!

Didn't take long for this thread to turn into shit get back on topic.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

I wouldn't have it any other way!

Do we even WANT a release date while the game is in this state?
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Bring it on! LD will be my first target.

Bring it, pussy.

will post pictures on friday when i receive my ps4.

Please do!

Guys, I read this in the FFXV screenshot thread:

Honestly, I frequent the FF Community a lot, but it's just dead. The common criticism about FF fans being fickle and liking the games very different from someone else is probably true and thus there isn't much common ground to discuss a lot of things.

Not to mention that people who post there are more invested in the individual games than the franchise ongoings at large. I instead post on the Persona board, and everyone (including me) knows what's happening with the franchise with not just the mainline games, but the spinoff games, concerts, and anime/movie adaptations as well. It's also much easier for a newcomer to jump in since it's the new hotness.

The MGS Community thread is healthy as well because people like all of the games and have common ground there. FF is just a different beast with too many interests spread out.

Can you believe that? Someone actually thinks this community is healthy? Crazy! Right? Seriously, though, glad to see the community getting shown some love!

Im surprised dawg hasn't finished the order.

Dawg shit-tier gamer, confirmed.

Well, that's another possibility!

LD did say we are dead on the inside.. Of course a community deprived of a release date and information. All we get is blue balls images and food shots.

JayEH

PSN is having that $15 back for $100 spent. Hmmm I don't want to spend money but my resistance is weak. DOA5 just came out and Danganronpa is on sale....

PSN is having that $15 back for $100 spent. Hmmm I don't want to spend money but my resistance is weak. DOA5 just came out and Danganronpa is on sale....
Spending $100 just to 'save' $15 sounds perfectly reasonable. I say you go ahead and treat yourself.

DOA5 OT was reporting lots of crashing, so I would proceed with caution to make sure that's addressed if it is indeed a serious issue.

MGS confirmed for best community.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Healthy like, functioning alcoholic status I measure

Those people are insane.

/DEAD Yeah. These responses pretty much sum it up. Crazy to see us getting some love after that Most Anticipated of 2015 thread!

LD did say we are dead on the inside.. Of course a community deprived of a release date and information. All we get is blue balls images and food shots.

Well, of course I did! BECAUSE WE ARE.

dick-back.

black-guy-laughing-on-boat-gif.gif

DUDE. Play Danganronpa. For real.

I wrote a post about why you should check it out!

JayEH

DOA5 OT was reporting lots of crashing, so I would proceed with caution to make sure that's addressed if it is indeed a serious issue.

Looks like it's mostly a problem with the Xbox One version but I'll keep an eye out for more reports.

I feel like outside of MGS, my game tastes are quite different from Outer GAF's.

You ain't alone.

Dislikes: medieval games,FPS (except borderlands since it's godlike) and MMO's
Likes: RPGs, ARPGs, Fighting games, adventure, horror, (certain indies) , visual novels, platformers rare, 3rd person shooters.

Outside from MGS, SF is my first love.

You ain't alone.

Likes: RPGs, ARPGs, Fighting games, adventure, horror, (certain indies) , visual novels, platformers rare, 3rd person shooters.

What about medieval ARPGs like Souls?

Rean

You ain't alone.

I'm kinda similar

Likes: Fighting games, Action/Adventures, RPGs, ARPGs, FPS, Platformers, Horror (as long as its not jump scares)
Dislikes: RTS, MOBA, MMO, Tactical RPGs

What about medieval ARPGs like Souls?

Bloodborne caught my attention since it got rid off the knight armor and idk feels a bit more modern if it makes sense. Reminds me of berserk. I'm just very picky with medieval settings hell I'm surprised I liked Game of thrones.

True story I had to quit FFTactics it was too hard ;/ that's why I won't try disgaea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom