• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loakum

Banned
2015-06-1717_05_34-kozlu26.png

I have been playing that song nonstop! I have in saved on my usb, and have it playing in the back ground when I play MGSV Ground Zeroes and Witcher 3. and yet, this is someone Konami no longer wants...*psst*

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
"People Are People" - Depeche Mode

Great list, but come on, you weren't even trying on this one! ;)

"Personal Jesus" would be more apt for Big Boss' iconic status.

"Enjoy the Silence" to fit with the language theme and Quiet.

"Strangelove" because of our dear Doctor (who, come to think of it, seems conspicuously absent from all the trailers) and because Kojima rightly loves the movie of similar name.

So MGSV TPP has 1980's music cassettes in the game. I hope Prince "Sign O the Times" (1987) is one of them. That song fits the tone of this game. or any Prince or Michael Jackson music, since they dominated the 80's.

Just off the top of my head:

"We Didn't Start The Fire" - Billy Joel

"Land Of Confusion" - Genesis

"People Are People" - Depeche Mode

"Two Tribes" - Frankie Goes To Hollywood

"Dancing With Tears In My Eyes" - Ultravox

"Der Kommissar" - After The FIre

"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" - Tears For Fears

"Games Without Frontiers" - Peter Gabriel

"Heroes" - David Bowie

"In the Burning Heart" - Survivor

"Planet Earth" - Duran Duran

"When the Wind Blows" - David Bowie

Nice list. I haven't heard "Games Without Frontiers" in a long time. Excellent choice.

Great list, but come on, you weren't even trying on this one! ;)

"Enjoy the Silence" to fit with the language theme and Quiet.

Lol! My list is pretty darn great IMHO.

Good choice there!

Also I forgot:

"Let's Go All The Way" - Sly Fox

"Time Will Crawl" - David Bowie

"2 Minutes To Midnight" - Iron Maiden

"Wild Side" - Mötley Crüe

"Cold War" - Styx

wilsonda

Is anyone else worried that we will only get two environments ...Africa and Afghanistan.

We are all on the same page that there are more environments right... right ? There is definitely a snow level right? Right?

I like the list, no argument here! I mean, apart from that one song. :D

If you haven't already heard it, I recommend listening to "Two Tribes" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

Imagine that blasting from your support chopper!!!

Also "The Sun Always Shines On TV" by a-ha is another amazing song I would love to hear in MGSV:TPP. It is my favorite a-ha song and I think it's beat and melody would fit MGSV:TPP for some reason.

Loakum

Banned
Big ol' yes to kraftwerk. And also the Japanese version of them The Yellow Magic Orchestra with the song "Rydeen"

Oh hell yeah! Yellow Magic is one of my all time favorites! I'll also add:

- The Police - "Every Breath U Take"
- The Police - "Wraps Around Your Fingers"
- Dexter Midnight Runners - "Come On Aileen"
- Men Without Hats - "The Safety Dance"
- The Gapp Band - "You Dropped the Bomb on Me"
- Culture Club - "The War Song"
- Blondie - "Rapture"
- Soft Cell - "Tainted Love/Where Did Our Love Go?"
- INXS - "The Devil Inside"
- INXS - "Need U Tonight/Meditate"
- Duran Duran - "Hungry Like the Wolf"

Is anyone else worried that we will only get two environments ...Africa and Afghanistan.

We are all on the same page that there are more environments right... right ? There is definitely a snow level right? Right?

If you watch the Gametrailers preview, at 1:32 he says "We saw 2 of the 3 available locations".

Link

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
If you haven't already heard it, I recommend listening to "Two Tribes" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood.

Imagine that blasting from your support chopper!!!

Also "The Sun Always Shines On TV" by a-ha is another amazing song I would love to hear in MGSV:TPP. It is my favorite a-ha song and I think it's beat and melody would fit MGSV:TPP for some reason.

Haha! "Two Tribes" would be fucking perfect! That's a great shout.

I'll always be a "Take On Me" kinda guy, but "The Sun Always Shines On TV" would be cracking riding across the Afghanistan deserts.

So they haven't released PC specs... I kind of hesitate to assume that they'll be exactly the same as Ground Zeroes. Is anyone else worried about weather effects/jungle/way bigger environments taking a bigger toll on their PCs than GZ did?

Actually, I haven't heard anyone else mention that yet about the GT preview reveal. Just skip to 1:32 and you'll hear him say "We saw 2 of the 3 available locations".

I guess there will be another, 3rd huge area/map that we get to go to then - or maybe he was counting Cyprus and Afghanistan?

LINK

Actually, I haven't heard anyone else mention that yet about the GT preview reveal. Just skip to 1:32 and you'll hear him say "We saw 2 of the 3 available locations".

I guess there will be another, 3rd huge area/map that we get to go to then - or maybe he was counting Cypress and Afghanistan?

LINK

Guessing it's a 3rd big one, there could be more it depends how they found out there was a 3rd.

Shy

So they haven't released PC specs... I kind of hesitate to assume that they'll be exactly the same as Ground Zeroes. Is anyone else worried about weather effects/jungle/way bigger environments taking a bigger toll on their PCs than GZ did?
They won't release the specs till closer to the TPP's release (mid august, i reckon)
And yeah i'm a little worried.

What other 80's songs do you guys think could be in the game and would fit well with the themes?

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Round for random moments.
I would really like to see some rock/metal like Iron Maiden, Metallica, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Megadeth or some classics like Born to be Wild.

Juicy Bob

I hope there aren't many 80s pop songs included in the game. It would just seem really cliché and kind of ruin the atmosphere if it's not done with a deliberate, scene-enhancing purpose.

wilsonda

I guess there will be another, 3rd huge area/map that we get to go to then - or maybe he was counting Cypress and Afghanistan?

LINK

Yea I hope he wasn't just counting the hospital and Afghanistan as the 2 out of the 3... I need me a snow level

Kriken

Sorry to just drop by, but could I possibly get "A Hideo Kojima game" on the bottom of this avatar?

64c1t3N.png

Ready to get hyped for MGS V over the Summer

Dawg

Åesop;168689957 said:
getting really tired of all the Doge stuff tbh

ZfLCbDJ20Q.png

RiPX895.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom