• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks legit as hell. Playing with DD or Quiet is going to be very interesting. I laughed at the beginning when Quiet crosses her legs all ladylike on the chopper, then lays down and you can see her breasts in full view as you're in the mission screen.

Just picked up Ground Zeroes too - probably the first game I'll play when I get a new rig.

Mexen

CHyLmUwUAAAXDMt.png:large

CHyLmUzVAAAb6S0.png:large

I see myself being lost for hours doing this.

I just noticed there's a number located beneath the Fulton prompt. It is probably indicating how many fulton devices he got with him or how many he can afford, what do you guys think?

EDIT: It is the amount of Fulton devices.

https://youtu.be/UMyoCr2MnpM

The 7:30 mark and the 7:37 mark when he is carrying kaz. Look very closely. Go play gz and you'll notice that they cut that from the game probably due to a fear of players bitching about how inconvenient it is. Thus sacrificing simulation for responsiveness, which to me is much less challenging. I can't unsee it.

I see. Showing carrying Kaz is strenuous. Maybe they ditched that since the player will be picking up and moving people constantly.

Muffdraul

have there been any news about the insta death of AI companions yet? Because that whole thing turns me off ever deploying them if it means they can get erased from my game.

I noticed in the new demo- when D-Walker is close to "death," Kaz or Ocelot or whoever back at MB somehow arranges for them to be automatically fulton'd home to safety. Seems this makes buddies effectively immortal.

hypotc

I have a question!

I live in Europe, but I ordered the american version of Ground Zeroes for my PS4, as it came with the reversable Shinkawa art. I also had the EU version, which I got one day earlier, and had made some small progress in.

Now, when I entered the american disc, it had to reinstall (IIRC). I do remember that I had to create a new save, and that it wouldn't see my old EU save.

If I buy the EU version of Phantom Pain, will the save game transfer work?

Anyone I can tweet this question to or something? I want to know if I have to get the american version to ensure that I can transfer my savefile.

Thanks for any help!

Skullface

Glad i don't have to answer this question. This totally answered it!

Hahahaha, all of my keks! Seriously though, Kojima said it would take 7 to fit MGS4. I actually believe that via the wizardry that is the Fox Engine, Phantom Pain will be on one disk.

So, do you guys think that last gen versions will lose anything other than graphics? Like Shadow of Mordor for instance?

Hahahaha, all of my keks! Seriously though, Kojima said it would take 7 to fit MGS4. I actually believe that via the wizardry that is the Fox Engine, Phantom Pain will be on one disk.

So, do you guys think that last gen versions will lose anything other than graphics? Like Shadow of Mordor for instance?

Ground Zeroes was squeezed down into like 2 GB so it isn't unthinkable to fit it on a single disc.

I think they've already confirmed the only content that will be different in the last-gen versions is multiplayer having a smaller player cap.

Skullface

Ground Zeroes was squeezed down into like 2 GB so it isn't unthinkable to fit it on a single disc.

I think they've already confirmed the only content that will be different in the last-gen versions is multiplayer having a smaller player cap.

consider-the-following.jpg

A 360 disc can hold 9 gigs max
Phantom Pain is 200 times the size of Ground Zeroes (400gb)
400/9=44.4444444
45 discs
lol could you imagine?

"Les Enfants Terribles", Zero called it

Rajang

I have a question!

I live in Europe, but I ordered the american version of Ground Zeroes for my PS4, as it came with the reversable Shinkawa art. I also had the EU version, which I got one day earlier, and had made some small progress in.

Now, when I entered the american disc, it had to reinstall (IIRC). I do remember that I had to create a new save, and that it wouldn't see my old EU save.

If I buy the EU version of Phantom Pain, will the save game transfer work?

Anyone I can tweet this question to or something? I want to know if I have to get the american version to ensure that I can transfer my savefile.

Thanks for any help!

I think you will need the EU version of GZ if you want to use that savefile on TPP. GZ doesnt recognise savefiles from other regions either.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I noticed in the new demo- when D-Walker is close to "death," Kaz or Ocelot or whoever back at MB somehow arranges for them to be automatically fulton'd home to safety. Seems this makes buddies effectively immortal.

seems awesome, then.

Watching the entire gameplay demo, I can't wait for this game to be inside me. Everything, from the presentation, the 80s music, the buddies, the skills you need to unlock, the veritcality of the enviroments, everything seems perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom