• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabtoUK

who knows?
"Naked" Snake and Diamond Dog sneaking suit off-screen image:

CHztK9ZWcAErZNH.jpg:large

http://twitter.com/bradford_welch/status/611612689018687488

SamuraiX-

I think it's interesting that we haven't seen any sort of boss unit (e.g. FOXHOUND, Dead Cell, Cobras, B&Bs) from any of the MGS5 media up through now.

Has Kojima ever commented about this?

Wow.

I bought the PS3 a few months after Kojima said it would come that summer. Only to find out that they would delay it by like a year. My ps3 sat there not being used. Grrr....
I don't fully understand. Few months what would come which summer?

And yeah Shadow of The Colossus and ICO made an impact in my mind so a successor is a must buy. Fumito Ueda is a brilliant man with a beautiful mind.

SyberWolf

I have a question!

I live in Europe, but I ordered the american version of Ground Zeroes for my PS4, as it came with the reversable Shinkawa art. I also had the EU version, which I got one day earlier, and had made some small progress in.

Now, when I entered the american disc, it had to reinstall (IIRC). I do remember that I had to create a new save, and that it wouldn't see my old EU save.

If I buy the EU version of Phantom Pain, will the save game transfer work?

Anyone I can tweet this question to or something? I want to know if I have to get the american version to ensure that I can transfer my savefile.

Thanks for any help!
good question i'd like to know this too, i ordered the US version of TPP but my GZ is the EU version

Shy

I have a question!

I live in Europe, but I ordered the american version of Ground Zeroes for my PS4, as it came with the reversable Shinkawa art. I also had the EU version, which I got one day earlier, and had made some small progress in.

Now, when I entered the american disc, it had to reinstall (IIRC). I do remember that I had to create a new save, and that it wouldn't see my old EU save.

Anyone I can tweet this question to or something? I want to know if I have to get the american version to ensure that I can transfer my savefile.

Thanks for any help!
Save files are region locked, so if you buy an EU version of TPP, then it will only see the EU version of the ground zeros save. sorry.

I have a question!

Thanks for any help!

Save won't work sorry but MGS GZ is free on PS Plus atm. So if you just want to play through it again before TPP comes out then you'll be able to transfer your new save.

So what's the point of even having to kidnap a Russian translator when you've got an ex-kgb operative working for you who's real name is adamska and who's nickname is shalashaska? Has ocelot magically lost something like everyone else? Gameplay trope for the motherbase metagame mechanic? Shoddy excuse to add side ops to an already deep game?

And speaking of ocelot; hairy twats of the gods man! I know you garner a lotta respect Mr. T-roy, not Troy but T-roy, Baker for your prowess as a niche vg actor but could you pull back a bit from channeling your inner Joel when giving us your interpretation of ocelot please? Regardless of the fact that your portraying an emulation of Lee Van Cleef, I don't recall Lee having a thick southern drawl in Western films do you?

I really wish I could have afforded the Japanese premium addition but they just announced it at the wrong time for me.

Oh well, still have the western collector's edition with the baby arm.

So what's the point of even having to kidnap a Russian translator when you've got an ex-kgb operative working for you who's real name is adamska and who's nickname is shalashaska? Has ocelot magically lost something like everyone else? Gameplay trope for the motherbase metagame mechanic? Shoddy excuse to add side ops to an already deep game?

And speaking of ocelot; hairy twats of the gods man! I know you garner a lotta respect Mr. T-roy, not Troy but T-roy, Baker for your prowess as a niche vg actor but could you pull back a bit from channeling your inner Joel when giving us your interpretation of ocelot please? Regardless of the fact that your portraying an emulation of Lee Van Cleef, I don't recall Lee having a thick southern drawl in Western films do you?

I thought the same thing about his accent. Before it was raspy, now it's just Joel. lol

Hello OuterGAF. I finally made it, I'm a member now lol. I remember my first post here declaring my allegiance to OuterGAF, and it was fun watching the debates here.

I think it's interesting that we haven't seen any sort of boss unit (e.g. FOXHOUND, Dead Cell, Cobras, B&Bs) from any of the MGS5 media up through now.

Has Kojima ever commented about this?

I think we may have - The Skulls/Parasite Unit.

They are the bio-mechanical men and women with numbers on their heads seen in the trailers [the women are shown in the new E3 2015 trailer].There are 4 men and 4 women making a total of 8 of them.

What they do [hopefully unique traits] has yet to be revealed.

Palpable

Is there a download link for the gameplay video? I don't want to have to subject myself to using that god awful IGN video player again.

Freshly uploaded by Konami
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtgNUFSoHv8

No co-op! bah.

I think we may have - The Skulls/Parasite Unit.

They are the bio-mechanical men and women with numbers on their heads seen in the trailers [the women are shown in the new E3 2015 trailer].There are 4 men and 4 women making a total of 8 of them.

What they do [hopefully unique traits] has yet to be revealed.

There's a third type involved in Snake & Quiet's helicopter crash, who are male with masks over their eyes and open mouths. I think these are the zombie summoning ones or whatever the fuck they are.

Xiraiya

An amusing little coincidence/detail I saw, probably been spotted before but I figured I'd post it here.

HBlyv4.jpg

Old Big Boss's outer heaven army from MGS4. One seemingly more standout-ish soldier has quite a familiar pose.

SkKOxG.png

Most likely coincidence but you just never really know with Kojima.

There's a third type involved in Snake & Quiet's helicopter crash, who are male with masks over their eyes and open mouths. I think these are the zombie summoning ones or whatever the fuck they are.

Like the big, bloated-looking one outside the chopper door! Yeah, I remember - unless that's just one of the male ones doing it's particular "thing".

EDIT: I think those are just the male ones. They have masks on and headgear. The same scene of them at night is see at daytime in one of the other trailers.

images-for-gt-mgsv-wallpaper-big-boss-metal-gear-wallpaper-hd-wallpapers-for-desktop-download-of-nature-love-god-pc-babies-lord-shiva.jpg

Like the big, bloated-looking one outside the chopper door! Yeah, I remember - unless that's just one of the male ones doing it's particular "thing".

Nah he's got a different face with a mask that only goes over his eyes. and It sounds like you can
get a weapon that kills the bald ones pretty early on.
He looks really large but I'm not sure if it's just an illusion.

These decaying looking guys are actually the unit members, they have pipes on their back like the others.
1GggySr.jpg

Do we know anything more about that video Kojima tweeted about showing the same mission from E3 tackled differently?

All we have is the tweet, however... Last year, at E3, a gameplay demo was released. About a month later (at Gamescom), a demo was released showing that same mission playing out quite differently. The change was apparent, however, I expect this one to be more drastic given that the demo was pretty lengthy-- and for the simply fact that a different Buddy will be used!

All we have is the tweet, however... Last year, at E3, a gameplay demo was released. About a month later (at Gamescom), a demo was released showing that same mission playing out quite differently. The change was apparent, however, I expect this one to be more drastic given that the demo was pretty lengthy-- and for the simply fact that a different Buddy will be used!

Ooo.. Hope we don't have to wait a month. His wording in the tweet made it sound like it was coming soon.

YongYea mentioned a second demo (different mission) was shown behind closed doors. I wonder if this will be shown at Gamescom or at all prior to release?

Ooo.. Hope we don't have to wait a month. His wording in the tweet made it sound like it was coming soon.

Yeah! I don't think we will be waiting a month, don't worry-- he said "after E3," so it sounds like it should be within the next week or so! Probably when the guys get back to Japan, if I had to guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom