• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pffff, traitor.

Like I said you can't even be happy when Team B wins because that Solid Snake is in the game was the most obvious thing ever. News at 11.

Sn4ke_911 does not rike
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Loakum

Banned
The new PythonSelkan video has just been upped on Youtube, you should check it out if you like MGS conspiracy theories. It looks pretty interesting and it's an analysis of the latest E3 trailer.

Cool! I love this conspiracy shit! :D

I see quite a few people now on Team B who were previously on Team A haha... fucking traitors.
leuhkik6fuf0.gif

But to be fair, Team B was from the beginning the safest bet, so they shouldn't be proud about anything.

Well i'm the captain of Team A and I will go down with this ship.

Loyalty to the end.

The-Boss-Devote-my-Skills.jpg

Boss, I am with you. But what happens next?

Will we be hunted?

Venom Fox

Banned
Ocelot doesn't know his mother was The Boss.
Yeah, I couldn't remember if he did or didn't so thanks for the answer.
I wonder whether BB tells him in TTP?

Wow I mispelled Ocelot really badly there.
Oceltoe lmao

The greatest!

At the very end of the game Solid Snake will say in Hayter's voice: go fuck yourself... Mr. Kojima <trumpets from MGS3>
Yep, Team A is the best!

Like Sn4ke and another brother said, I'll go down with this motherfucking ship!

Also DAMN, the more I look at this the sexier it gets!
MGSV-TPP-PlayStation-4-Console.jpg

GHound

Team A. Hayter is a sleeper agent who's had his memory wiped and can't be lying if he himself doesn't know he's in it yet. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

I don't know what to believe about anything surrounding this game anymore.

Team A 4lyf!

Anyone who thinks Hayter is being serious about him not being Involved in TPP have the wool over their eyes.

Do you think he'd get any new VO contracts if he went around saying fuck (insert director here) every time he got replaced? It's extremely unprofessional and makes him seem petty, which I don't in all honesty think he is.

He's just upset that people won't let this shit go, man. You also need to consider the fact that he really doesn't audition for new voice work at all. He basically only takes offers or works with friends, because he is primarily a screenwriter. He's definitely not out trying to score new V/O roles.

*sigh* look, the reason Hayter isn't in MGSV is, Kojima is a whore for Hollywood, so when he got the chance to use a movie star, he took it, simple as that.

You'll never EVER get a big meta MGS2 style marketing campaign again.

The backlash and death threats he got for 2, made sure nothing like that will ever ever happen again.

Are you serious? Kojima gives no fucks about fan reaction. If he did he would've left the American casting alone. He didn't just bring in Kiefer because he was star struck, either.

The hallmark of being an auteur is that you do things for yourself, not for a giant audience or fanbase. He didn't switch out Raiden because "lolkojima trollin," he had a very specific narrative experience to construct, and not playing as Snake was a huge part of the message.

Do we actually already know if we can disable vehicles such as tanks or helicopters in a non-lethal way?

You could in PW, but not in GZ. Actually, I'd imagine that if you sneak up on one you can probably just fulton it.

Loakum

Banned
in b4 Sn4ke_911 banned for going in Arkham Knight threads declaring MGSV GOTY

From the chatter I've been reading, I highly doubt Batman Arkham Knight will even be a contender for GOTY. Having said that, there are folks already declaring Fallout 4 should get it. lol Me...I still say it's between Witcher 3 Wild Hunt and Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain.

Venom Fox

Banned
From the chatter I've been reading, I highly doubt Batman Arkham Knight will even be a contender for GOTY. Having said that, there are folks already declaring Fallout 4 should get it. lol Me...I still say it's between Witcher 3 Wild Hunt and Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain.

Yeah, Batman will not be in my GOTY nominations.
I'm playing it and it's good but it's not GOTY material by a long shot.

I'm gonna say it's between TW3 which I haven't completed yet, Bloodborne, MGSV and Fallout 4.

I'm siding with MGSV for now though because, you know... It's Metal Gear!

Edit: who am I kidding, MGSV will defo get my vote.

Team A - Batman: Arkham Knight GOTY
Team B - MGSV GOTY
Team C - HuniePop GOTY
Team D - PythonSelkan's analysis GOTY

Venom Fox

Banned
So I've done it.
I've requested a name change to GhostFaceMiller.

Thanks OldLogos for the name recommendation and Vally for the new avatar when it's up.
Team A - Batman: Arkham Knight GOTY
Team B - MGSV GOTY
Team C - HuniePop GOTY
Team D - PythonSelkan's analysis GOTY

Is this a cruel joke at getting people to defect LD? :)

Shy

Are you serious? Kojima gives no fucks about fan reaction.
He very much cares about fan reaction, that's why he made 3 as a giant piece of fan service (a James Bond homage) because of all the fan reaction against 2's story, which they didn't get.

And in 4, he wouldn't have made Raiden a "badass" cyborg ninja in a attempt to make him look cool to fans that hated him, if he didn't care.

I would argue that all of 4 is a reaction to all the negative fan-reaction to 2. But that's an argument for a another time.
He didn't just bring in Kiefer because he was star struck, either.
As i already said, Kojima is a well known Hollywood fanatic, so the fact he was given the chance to get a film star for the leading role, you bet your ass he took it.
The hallmark of being an auteur is that you do things for yourself, not for a giant audience or fanbase.
I'm well aware auteur theory, but Kojima is not above doing things to appeal to people, such as. Raiden's entire physical appearance was dictated by a focus group of Japanese school girls, because when asked, they didn't like the way solid looked in the first game. (they kept calling him "oyaji") so he made Raiden's appearance specifically to appeal to them.

And in 4, he changed the entire ending because his staff thought it was too depressing. (Solid and Otacon were originally going to be executed for war crimes)
He didn't switch out Raiden because "lolkojima trollin," he had a very specific narrative experience to construct, and not playing as Snake was a huge part of the message.
I never once said that he put Raiden in as a troll, i was specifically referring to the marketing campaign.

Vally

Seems that the Japanese demo will be published today. I wonder if it will be just the same demo with JP voiceover or there will be some variations in the mission

3hwDsdl.jpg

does anyone here think that there will be a chance that konami will release a digital bundle for the Metal Gear Solid series on psn just prior to the release of v?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom