• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
:O I need that thing. Didn't think it was so Thick.

Thats-what-she-said.jpg

I hope it was some other decision that they didn't want to use this apart from just having FOX integration only. Its really dumb to disregard a tool that can do so much for your game based on local or not.

But yea... its gonna become the standard as projects get so huge that just making LODs would be something just not possible.

Also, the more we work with tools like this, the more attention we can give to art, and in the end, the better result because we are not doing monkey work. Its awesome! Art is just the best. :D

It was probably the budget or unawareness, most likely budget. They did use Marvellous Designer for clothing so I suppose they were open to a few outside tools.

Yeap, the more tools like this, the better for artists. Infact I think in the future engines might have more proprietary solutions like Simplygon and other efficient tools to reduce workload even more. If not proprietary then at least more ease of availability. Less time spent on dealing with limitations and more time on creating new things, as it should be. :]

Some positive stuff coming from a guy who hates videogames.

2015-08-2022_33_59-viq7s5c.png

Better than MGS2? Is such a thing even possible?

I know it is. HYPE! :D

Palpable

Do we know how many people can be invited to your Mother Base at once? I recall this being mentioned awhile ago; that we could invite friends to our Mother Base and/or FOB to show it off.

rNilla

Finally played Ground Zeroes for a bit the other day. It was surprisingly difficult coming right out of MGSIV. No more Octocamo and backpack-full-of-weapons easy mode. :)

I also discovered I have to push R2 down really hard to fire so I guess I need a new controller before V drops. Hasn't been a problem for anything else except Helldivers. Destiny certainly doesn't seem to care about my broken R2 button.

brau

Thank you guys but i won't post too much because of spoiler-phobia :p

I just wanted to post those positive tweets because people seemed to lose their minds over one guys opinion.

Thats ok.

Its just nice to see you around doing what you do best. Spreading good info and being super helpful.

Zambatoh

Great, some "genius" fucked up music spreadsheet completely.
I'm done with fixing it again.

I caught this earlier too. Someone deleted the youtube link for Love Will Tear Us Apart and the link for "Diamonds and Rust" had been moved in place of it for some reason.
I corrected it, but yeah that was weird.

Shy

this might sound odd but would it be cool if we tried to get konami attention for adding custom music for PS4 version.
Nah, i think it would be a waste of time, as i don't think Konami are going to pay any attention to us, they haven't in the past, Why would they now.

this might sound odd but would it be cool if we tried to get konami attention for adding custom music for PS4 version.

Can that even be done though? No way to store custom music on your hdd.

Only way I see it happening is if TPP could use the Spotify/Media Player app on itself. But thats too much of a hassle and would require a lot of permissions.

Worst case scenario they might put up music pack dlc's. D:

I caught this earlier too. Someone deleted the youtube link for Love Will Tear Us Apart and the link for "Diamonds and Rust" had been moved in place of it for some reason.
I corrected it, but yeah that was weird.

I don't get how a simple operation to write a couple of words into a row ona bottom can generate such difficulties so after that links are missing, data is sorted and everything is a mess.

i-have-no-idea-what-im-doing-dog.jpg

Ozium

sup w/ all this ps4 review "sad it's cross-gen, doesn't look as good as it can be" bullshit... it looks amazing and looks even better on PC... maybe the PS4 just isn't as powerful as you think it is....

Shy

sup w/ all this ps4 review "sad it's cross-gen, doesn't look as good as it can be" bullshit... it looks amazing and looks even better on PC... maybe the PS4 just isn't as powerful as you think it is....
That directed at me. ?

pahamrick

Seeing all those shots of the MGSV guide, hng. I might have to see if I can still find a hardcover version when I can swing the extra money, in Oct or Nov.

Seriously, we still going to talk about graphics?

It's a game we've been waiting years for, the last one for the forseeable future and most of the last page or two has been about polygons and consoles.

The game looks and runs absolutely amazing on PC

The game looks and runs absolutely amazing on consoles.

(for the most part, but the old consoles run the game brilliantly too)

Shy

It's directed at the review that had the graphics as a negative point.
Seems like it's meant for me.
Seriously, we still going to talk about graphics?

It's a game we've been waiting years for, the last one for the forseeable future and most of the last page or two has been about polygons and consoles.

The game looks and runs absolutely amazing on PC

The game looks and runs absolutely amazing on consoles.

(for the most part, but the old consoles run the game brilliantly too)
The one and only console open world game you will play at 1080p 60fps. Stop the whining.
I never said i t looked bad, and i'm not whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom