• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
One more time, just for people who might not be aware.

Please only speak about anything learnt from the strategy guide leak in the spoiler thread. Anything, no matter how minor.

No mission counts. No 'amount of weapons/equipment'. No locations. No amount of bosses. No nothing, outside of that thread.

What you might think is inconsequential can change another person's view of the game going in, so just don't don't.

Thanks.

+1

Also don't say if you're disappointed and hope the spoilers are fake etc. Just don't talk about anything :p

strafer

Please only speak about anything learnt from the strategy guide leak in the spoiler thread. Anything, no matter how minor.

No mission counts. No 'amount of weapons/equipment'. No locations. No amount of bosses. No nothing, outside of that thread.

What you might think is inconsequential can change another person's view of the game going in, so just don't.

Thanks.

Very good post.

Some fucking idiot just posted a chunk of text from the spoiler thread regarding the final mission without spoiler tags in the gamescom footage thread and then swiftly edited them in and quipped "you didnt have to click on it!"

I can't stress this enough guys, the potential for it all to be ruined is all too real, be careful out there. I thought ignoring the right threads would be enough but it seems like I was foolish to think so. These last few days are going to be torture.

MrS

Banned
Some fucking idiot just posted a chunk of text from the spoiler thread regarding the final mission without spoiler tags in the gamescom footage thread and then swiftly edited them in and quipped "you didnt have to click on it!"

I can't stress this enough guys, the potential for it all to be ruined is all too real, be careful out there. I thought ignoring the right threads would be enough but it seems like I was foolish to think so. These last few days are going to be torture.
Report them to a mod! That shit should be for the spoiler thread only.

So I'm nearly finished my anthology play through to get caught up for V, and I'm having a really rough time with Peace Walker. The actual gameplay is fine, as is 90% of the missions, but every time I hit a boss I feel like it's impossible to do with my current equipment so I have to go grind which makes me feel burned out.

I'm not even skipping side missions or anything so it's not like I'm just trying to squeeze my way through on main missions alone - I'm doing all the side ops and I still feel like I have to repeat them many times.

Would it be fair to just shelve it, watch the codec calls and cutscenes on YouTube to avoid being burned out by the time I get to V? That's my main concern as I want to play it at launch. :)

Sn4ke_911

CM71LiIUEAAtZ-3.jpg

What you might think is inconsequential can change another person's view of the game going in, so just don't.

Thanks.

That barrier isn't going to last. I give it two days before someone waltzes in here and inadvertently spoils something.

The best thing to do right now is steer clear of all MGS-related topics on GAF/Reddit/etc. Harsh, but that's the only way you're going to stay truly unspoiled. Staying in here and posting pleas for people not to post spoilers is like ringing the dinner bell for every asshole who wants to ruin the surprises.

Sn4ke_911

Goddamn, thanks for the heads up!

hype!

Hai guys!!

giphy.gif

brau

holy cow... we've come this far already. it seems the spoilers are everywhere....

reviews are almost out too.

GAF hold me!

strafer

I hid that thread too so I missed that. This will be the only MGS5 thread I'm going to read and post in up until the game releases.

Venom Fox

Banned
I think we should have people on "active duty in here" there are SERIOUS spoilers out and it won't be long until someone does an account suicide and posts them in here.

Everyone should be vigilant. I think we should just use the "jump to page" feature and go to the page or a couple of pages before the current last page, so we can spy if there are spoilers coming up. We should all be extremely careful!

lilty

Question for everyone.

I love Metal Gear and I'm obviously very excited for TPP, but I'm very torn on how I want to play the game. I don't own a PC so that's not an option. However, I also don't own a PS4/XB1 but I have some interesting options. My first option is to play the game on PS3 since that's what I own currently. I played GZ on PS3 and thought it was fine, even after seeing the game on my old roommate's PS4. The other option I have is to borrow my friend's PS4 for a week while he's out of town and get that version, but I'm not convinced that a) A week is enough time and b) that I even want a PS4 at the moment.

I've been really struggling with this decision for a few weeks now and thought I would come here for advice. Has their been any indication that TPP will run significantly worse on the PS3 than the PS4? Obviously graphics and framerate will be lower, but is there a definitive reason that I need to spend an extra $10 on a copy at launch and buy a new console later?(Note: I realistically wouldn't be able to get a PS4 until Jan/Feb 2016). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Vally

Question for everyone.

I love Metal Gear and I'm obviously very excited for TPP, but I'm very torn on how I want to play the game. I don't own a PC so that's not an option. However, I also don't own a PS4/XB1 but I have some interesting options. My first option is to play the game on PS3 since that's what I own currently. I played GZ on PS3 and thought it was fine, even after seeing the game on my old roommate's PS4. The other option I have is to borrow my friend's PS4 for a week while he's out of town and get that version, but I'm not convinced that a) A week is enough time and b) that I even want a PS4 at the moment.

I've been really struggling with this decision for a few weeks now and thought I would come here for advice. Has their been any indication that TPP will run significantly worse on the PS3 than the PS4? Obviously graphics and framerate will be lower, but is there a definitive reason that I need to spend an extra $10 on a copy at launch and buy a new console later?(Note: I realistically wouldn't be able to get a PS4 until Jan/Feb 2016). Any thoughts would be appreciated.

If you thought Ground Zeroes was fine on PS3 you'll probably have no problem with TPP. There haven't been any videos showing how the last-gen versions run, only pictures: http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/jp/products/compare.php5

And yeah, I don't think a week is enough time to beat the game

Banzai

Question for everyone.

personal opinion, of course, but I for one couldnt play the ps3 version because of the framerate alone. Not that I'm a 60FPS only guy but since I do own a PS4...
It also feels appropriate to experience Kojima's final mgs with more graphic fidelity. It would definitely annoy me to have constant guard pop-in (note: i do not know if that is actually worse in the ps3 version, just guessing)

Over the year we will get Thread like this, right ?

- MGSV is a great game, but a bad MGS game.
- Am i the only one who thinks that MGSV didn't have any memorable NPCs
- I've played MGSV for like 6 hours. Still in Afghanistan.

Note, just changed Bloodborne and MGSV.

Everytime I see those threads it breaks my heart.

Question for everyone.

In my opinion the last gen versions look stupidly good seeing how they are running on nearly decade old tech, its really impressive. So id say take your time with it and get it on ps3, or convince your bud to let you borrow the ps4 for a month ;)

R-User!

Anybody buying the Soundtrack for TPP?

Are there more than one version?

What's the easiest/cheapest place to order a copy of the best version of the soundtrack (if there is more than one version) and have it arrive in the U.S.?

I saw that Amazon Japan has some sellers, but I can't read shit, and don't have an account for AmazonJP.

Playasia has it for 34.99, but a seller named "gamedigga" has 3 different listings that include different things for different prices.

I'm tempted to get the $59.99 version that comes with the poster, but I want absolute certainty that that version is the best copy with all 50 songs...

Anybody here have any advice? Thanks in advance!

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

does anyone else think the last of us was a better open world game than mgsv

Tcab96

-Is MGSV too short?

lilty

Thanks for the answers everyone. I think I'll get it on PS3. I think the framerate is a good reason to go for the PS4 version, but like I said, 30FPS didn't bother me in GZ so I don't think I would notice it in TPP. I'm also accustomed to the graphics of previous gen since I haven't made the jump yet so I'm sure I'll be okay.

Also first time posting in this thread and the community seems very friendly and welcoming so far. :)

MajorTom

Also first time posting in this thread and the community seems very friendly and welcoming so far. :)

Welcome to our loving community :) as you can see we are all super friendly and never mean to each other.

I look forward to having another person posting here :)
Also, no spoilers here just in case you're worried.

What've you been up to, Mr Tom?
Pretty much anything I can do to try pass the time between now and release haha. You?
Haven't see you here in a while

lilty

Welcome to our loving community :) as you can see we are all super friendly and never mean to each other.

I look forward to having another person posting here :)
Also, no spoilers here just in case you're worried.
I saw the spoiler thread posted on the other board which is nice, because I really don't want the game ruined for me. It's going to be really hard to avoid though, especially since LPs are going to start like next week right?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I saw the spoiler thread posted on the other board which is nice, because I really don't want the game ruined for me. It's going to be really hard to avoid though, especially since LPs are going to start like next week right?

Greg's LP only runs until Mission 5 and skips the intro. What you should be worried about are mom and pop stores breaking street date.

MajorTom

What've you been up to, Mr Tom?

Yeah I think Greg Miller is streaming all next week. He wont be showing the opening though. Still, probably best to avoid any streams just in case.

Holdfing

- MGSV is overrated
- Why Witcher 3 is better than MGSV

We have a new candidate from the gamescom thread.

- MGSV makes me work too much for the optional content, it should be more like The Witcher 3.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
We have a new candidate from the gamescom thread.

- MGSV makes me work too much for the optional content, it should be more like The Witcher 3.

i think this is the logical step forward from all the cinematic games that hold your hand all the way though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom