• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

I find it weird that people are getting themselves spoiled in that thread.

Yet they whine like hell when you spoil other games.

Chinner

Banned
> goes to spoiler thread
> gets angry when spoiled

> generation of entitled babbies who cannot restrain themselves, and then proceed to blame others

Vally

Another drawing by ‏@EMannLand

CM_OV5eWEAA2TLz.jpg

Alienous

The spoilers are so prevalent Kojima sort of retweeted one.

Haha, you can't make this up. Although the 'spoiler' was sort of known based on the achievements.

Edit:
Ugh, double post.

Do you know that feeling, you're so freaking hyped for a game, that you can't play any other game ?

I have that right now. I can't play anything without shutting it down after 15 minutes and saying, this is not MGSV, this is not worth it...

Glad I managed to finish Xenoblade Chronicles on the 3ds though.

I was actively playing Virtue's Last Reward daily for quite a while, but I pick it up in the past few days, and even though I'm enjoying it a lot... I can't go through more than 10 minutes.

There is only [V] in my head. In my heart.

raven777

Finished Peace Walker (not really...it says to be continued in chapter 5)

Mixed feelings about the game...but Heavens Divide is amazing song.

Do you know that feeling, you're so freaking hyped for a game, that you can't play any other game ?

I have that right now. I can't play anything without shutting it down after 15 minutes and saying, this is not MGSV, this is not worth it...

I'm enjoying Batman Arkham Knight. It''s got a pretty good story and it scratches that "tick all the boxes on the list" thing for me. It's also really good looking.

I'm also keeping busy with the Black Ops 3 beta. I am really impressed by that game and haven't enjoyed a call of duty since BO2. Something about the treyarch games just click with me and I can go on these ridiculous kill sprees where it feels like enemies are coming at me from every angle and I'm just picking them off one by one.

but Heavens Divide is amazing song.

As of right now, it's still the definitive "Big Boss" song for me.

That moment where the instrumental version of HD plays when the soldiers chant Vic Boss, and when you go through that helicopter corridor sequence with HD playing in the background was so hype.

Brothers, there's some spoilers coming with an upcoming figure, as reported by IGN:
Did an Action Figure Just Spoil Part of Metal Gear Solid 5?
7 HOURS 10 MINUTES AGO - An 8.25 inch action figure now available for pre-order gives away the identity of...

Nothing's safe any more.

Isn't this just the thing yeong was speculating about at E3 when they showed the figures?

how do I start chapter 5? I don't see any new main missions on the list.

You've already "started" Chapter 5.

Play some extra ops. At this stage of the game, it's kinda post-credits where you're expected to explore the non-main missions stuff... and basically just do random stuff.

Rajang

I have that righ now. I can't play anything without shutting it down after 15 minutes and saying, this is not MGSV, this is not worth it...

Yeah, I have a huge backlog of games for the PS3 but I just can't get myself to play them. My mind is completely on TPP right now.

how do I start chapter 5? I don't see any new main missions on the list.

After finishing 2 Extra Ops, Kaz will call you.

raven777

You've already "started" Chapter 5.

Play some extra ops. At this stage of the game, it's kinda post-credits where you're expected to explore the non-main missions stuff... and basically just do random stuff.

Keep playing, do some extra ops and eventually Kaz will call you and you will get new main missions

I can just do any one them? and do the same missions over and over again?

I just want to get through and finish this.

Rajang

Yeah, you can do the same mission over and over.

There is this mission called Clearing Escape and you can finish it within 20 seconds.

Alienous

Is Portable Ops canon and should I watch the KefkaProductions video on youtube ?

It mostly isn't. Some of the events depicted only in that game are necessary for the canon of the rest of the games, so it exists in a weird 'semi-canon'. It also doesn't really contradict with anything, but Peace Walker does have some events that seem to disregard the events of Portable Ops, so yeah.

I think it's worth watching, if only because it's a better story than Peace Walker, but I doubt it will matter at all for the plot of The Phantom Pain.

You can do any of them, should be fine even if you repeat the easiest missions over and over.

With that being said, you've got to fulfill certain requirements to achieve the end-game of Chapter 5, and whether or not you've got them really depends on how you've played Chapter 1-4 thus far...

It mostly isn't. Some of the events depicted only in that game are necessary for the canon of the rest of the games, so it exists in a weird 'semi-canon'. It also doesn't really contradict with anything, but Peace Walker does have some events that seem to disregard the events of Portable Ops, so yeah.

I think it's worth watching, if only because it's a better story than Peace Walker, but I doubt it will matter at all for the plot of The Phantom Pain.

Great, well, it's metal gear, so I am going to watch it.

Alienous

I was looking at the Shinkawa Peace Walker art book, and it would seem that Peace Walker started life as 'MPO2' (Portable Ops 2), judging from some concept art.

I thought that was interesting. Seems like work was under way, and perhaps Kojima decided to direct the sequel and turn it into its own thing.

mf.luder

I'm in this real deep. I started playing Limbo, Sound Shapes, BLOPS 3 beta, Rocket League, etc... and I can't keep my attention on it because I want to infiltrate and fulton. Just a little over a week away, I'm so ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom