• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

realcZk

Someone needs to make this a skin mod for the PC version of TTP

tumblr_ntdgbht1vl1uxjkxgo1_500.jpg

Xanathus

isn't this guy trying to sue konami now?

Yeah I decided to check up on the status of the thing, it looks like he and his lawyers are just waiting for the game to officially release first and see if the model stays the same because the damages probably isn't worth suing for if it was only used in pre-release trailers.

Spaghetti

Yeah I decided to check up on the status of the thing, it looks like he and his lawyers are just waiting for the game to officially release first and see if the model stays the same because the damages probably isn't worth suing for if it was only used in pre-release trailers.
it'll never go anywhere. it clearly isn't based on him. pretty sure they face scanned an actor or made a composite face for that character anyway.

"I've been trying to sue you for...quite some time. Yes yes I know, you'd like to know how long.

I'm afraid it's been....9 years."

I was looking at the Shinkawa Peace Walker art book, and it would seem that Peace Walker started life as 'MPO2' (Portable Ops 2), judging from some concept art.

I thought that was interesting. Seems like work was under way, and perhaps Kojima decided to direct the sequel and turn it into its own thing.

I remember Ashley Wood announcing he'd been signed up for MPO2 a long time before it was announced. There should be a locked thread somewhere.

Man, I'm having a shitload of trouble with the first tank boss in peace walker. So much that I'm thinking about uninstalling game since its gotten to the point where its not fun, just frustrating. I've played it at least 20+ times over the last few months on and off with zero sucsses, and trying different tips around the internet with no success. The stupid tank fires every five seconds, and there's a never ending cycle of soldiers. I hide behind one if those big containers and kill all the soldiers to try and have an opening at the tank, but after killing them the tank starts firing at me again. I wait behind something for it to get done, but by the time ive waited lo and behold there's like 6 more enemy dudes to kill. Rinse and repeat the cycle. I've also tried being stealthy by killing all the guards without them noticing me but that doesn't help since they just respawn. Eventually I have to shoot at the tank and thats when I have to take cover from the fire and then I get back into my impossible cycle again.

Any help? I have a feeling I'm somehow making it way harder than it should be but I'm not really sure what to change. I have zero knowledge of the game really or any of the metal gear series for that matter.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I'm having a shitload of trouble with the first tank boss in peace walker. So much that I'm thinking about uninstalling game since its gotten to the point where its not fun, just frustrating. I've played it at least 20+ times over the last few months on and off with zero sucsses, and trying different tips around the internet with no success. The stupid tank fires every five seconds, and there's a never ending cycle of soldiers. I kill all the soldiers to try and have an opening at the tank, but after killing them the tank starts firing at me again. I wait behind something for it to get done, but by the time ive waited lo and behold there's like 6 more enemy dudes to kill. Rinse and repeat the cycle. I've also tried being stealthy by killing all the guards without them noticing me but that doesn't help since they just respawn. Eventually I have to shoot at the tank and thats when I have to take cover from the fire and then I get back into my impossible cycle again.

Any help? I have a feeling I'm somehow making it way harder than it should be but I'm not really sure what to change. I have zero knowledge of the game really or any of the metal gear series for that matter.

"Stealth" "killing the guards" smh, the fulton's there for a reason

All tank battles have a set number of guards, the first one has 8 I think, so that's only 2 squads. After that the commander pops up.

NYR94

It's been a long time since I last played Peace Walker, but do you have enough fulton balloons to fulton the soldiers? I think if you tranq them and then fulton them, they won't be replaced. After a while, the tank driver will pop his head out and you can tranq or kill him and then the mission ends. But I think you have to remain hidden. If any of them spot you, everyone goes on alert and you'll have to destroy the tank and any soldiers that you kill will be replaced by reinforcements. Do you have the support upgrade yet where you can call for a supply drop? Because if you're going to destroy the tank it's going to take a lot of missiles.

Alienous

Man, I'm having a shitload of trouble with the first tank boss in peace walker. So much that I'm thinking about uninstalling game since its gotten to the point where its not fun, just frustrating. I've played it at least 20+ times over the last few months on and off with zero sucsses, and trying different tips around the internet with no success. The stupid tank fires every five seconds, and there's a never ending cycle of soldiers. I kill all the soldiers to try and have an opening at the tank, but after killing them the tank starts firing at me again. I wait behind something for it to get done, but by the time ive waited lo and behold there's like 6 more enemy dudes to kill. Rinse and repeat the cycle. I've also tried being stealthy by killing all the guards without them noticing me but that doesn't help since they just respawn. Eventually I have to shoot at the tank and thats when I have to take cover from the fire and then I get back into my impossible cycle again.

Welcome to probably one of the worst parts of the franchise.

They are designed for CO-OP, and it shows. There's a limited number of guards, who spawn 4 at a time, so you can just circle around and kill them before engaging the tank. Shooting the red canisters at the back of the tank will cause it to be unable to move temporarily.

So equip yourself with an RPG, an assault rifle and some grenades. Chuck grenades at the soldiers and focus your fire on the sides or back of the tank (where it is the least heavily armoured). And make sure you have supply beacons for ammo.

It's been a long time since I last played Peace Walker, but do you have enough fulton balloons to fulton the soldiers? I think if you tranq them and then fulton them, they won't be replaced. After a while, the tank driver will pop his head out and you can tranq or kill him and then the mission ends. But I think you have to remain hidden. If any of them spot you, everyone goes on alert and you'll have to destroy the tank and any soldiers that you kill will be replaced by reinforcements. Do you have the support upgrade yet where you can call for a supply drop? Because if you're going to destroy the tank it's going to take a lot of missiles.

I don't really know how to remain hidden, when I try to sneak up on them to tranquilize them usually one of the other guards sees me and they go on alert

raven777

Finished watching the Peace Walker video on youtube.

Is there a reason why Paz is wearing underwear at the end?

I mean...not that I mind...you know..

Also does Love deterrence actually play when you fight Zeke? Or is it just the video creator put it in?

Finished watching the Peace Walker video on youtube.

Is there a reason why Paz is wearing underwear at the end?

I mean...not that I mind...you know..

Also does Love deterrence actually play when you fight Zeke? Or is it just the video creator put it in?

Well, fanservice or it's too hot in there, you choose.

Even the English version has Nana song? Amazing.

Yes, it blew my mind when I played it. I've heard the Love Deterrence song before that (there's an awesome official PV for that), and I heard that it was featured within the game, but because it was J-pop in the purest sense, I was like "English version is going to get some instrumental version obviously, shit sux", but lol it was the actual Japanese song unchanged.

lol.. I guess she didn't prepare swimsuits.

The Paz Diaries (available in GZ as well, for listening) explains why she didn't prepare them. Kinda.

raven777

Yes, it blew my mind when I played it. I've heard the Love Deterrence song before that (there's an awesome official PV for that), and I heard that it was featured within the game, but because it was J-pop in the purest sense, I was like "English version is going to get some instrumental version obviously, shit sux", but lol it was the actual Japanese song, unchanged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO_5R_DMCJA

This I assume?

Yea I am surprised too.....only someone like Kojima would do it. :)

The more combat soldiers you have, the more GMP you have. The better the quality of your combat troops, the higher the GMP.

Ok thanks. Now it says its in development. Is that based on a timer or something? Any idea how long that will take? Its still at 0%. Sorry for all the questions,

Ok thanks. Now it says its in development. Is that based on a timer or something? Any idea how long that will take? Its still at 0%. Sorry for all the questions,

Timer moves by completing missions. Doesn't work on real-time. A 5 minute mission is worth as much as a 15 minutes one in terms of moving the timer.

Also, the more stuff you have in development, the slower it'll be for each per mission completed. FYI just in case you wanna go gungho and develop multiple things simultenously.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
shit i just accidentally clicked on the spoiler thread, good thing i didnt read anything before i realized

Vally

I thought reviews would go live tomorrow too, but yeah it seems we'll have to wait until Monday. Tomorrow we'll have Greg Miller's Let's Play... not sure if I'll watch any of that

Tcab96

Gametrailers putting up there review tomorrow. 5 PM PST

I can feel the hype rising.

I thought reviews would go live tomorrow too, but yeah it seems we'll have to wait until Monday. Tomorrow we'll have Greg Miller's Let's Play... not sure if I'll watch any of that

I'm not sure I'll watch it either. I want to. I want all the PP I can get, but I'd like to go in with little knowledge of the beginning. Not watching Greg's LP is going to kill me.

This is becoming a fist fight in a mine field trying to avoid spoilers, even Kojima is unsafe. I'm not even going in to any other threads on GAF for fear of someone posting in a popular unrelated thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom