• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy

Alright everyone calm ya tits. I'm here.
It hasn't always been safe though. What can I tell ya?

Spoilers are like McDonalds. You think you really want one but after you gorge yourself you realise you didn't and spend the rest of the night shitting blood, deeply regretting your decision.

...no, wait...
Fucking lol. True true.
> goes to spoiler thread
> gets angry when spoiled

> generation of entitled babbies who cannot restrain themselves, and then proceed to blame others
Is this directed at me. ? Because i haven't blamed anyone for me seeing stuff i wish i didn't.
Another drawing by ‏@EMannLand

CM_OV5eWEAA2TLz.jpg
Love it.
The japanese voice actress of Paz sings this :)
Would of been cool if they had Tara Strong sing the English version.
There's only a couple of good things about 4, and one of them is Patric Zimmerman chewing the scenery.

Venom Fox

Banned
Is this directed at me. ? Because i haven't blamed anyone for me seeing stuff i wish i didn't?
Shy, I hate to break it to you mate, I'm sorry it had to be this way but there has been countless people dropping in and moaning that they went into the spoiler thread and now regret their stupid decisions (including me).
Nobody's against you here, we don't make snide digs at you or others. We are all brothers here.

If it was anyone who that was aimed at it was probably me lol.
Edit: Probably not me as I haven't blamed others.

Hey guys, on my Ground Zeroes PS4 package it says that I can unlock bonus stuff in Phantom Pain. Is it referring to the recruits I get after importing my GZ save into TPP or something else? I seem to remember a website on the Internet on which you could enter some code. I am mistaken?

Supposedly there is a unique Mother Base Staff DLC package for those that have the earliest versions of Ground Zeroes, I think you either have a code that you need to use in the PS store or on the Konami Core website.

NYR94

Too bad KojiPro is done with MGS. It would have been nice to see a post-Phantom Pain but pre-Metal Gear game made by them that brings back characters who haven't been in the last few games, like Gray Fox and Roy Campbell, but on current gen consoles.

Has anyone spoken about how many new characters are in TPP? Even if you count Skull Face, there are only a few others: Ishmael, Quiet and Code Talker. Maybe include Eli because he's so young but it's a character we already know.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Too bad KojiPro is done with MGS. It would have been nice to see a post-Phantom Pain but pre-Metal Gear game made by them that brings back characters who haven't been in the last few games, like Gray Fox and Roy Campbell, but on current gen consoles.

Has anyone spoken about how many new characters are in TPP? Even if you count Skull Face, there are only a few others: Ishmael, Quiet and Code Talker. Maybe include Eli because he's so young but it's a character we already know.

Roy Campbell wouldnt appear in any new games because Kojima retired his character after his Japanese VA passed away

TheBoss1

My one hope is that the Keifer Sunderland/Big Boss not talking thing is explained/resolved satisfactorily.

This is his reason for having Kiefer voice Snake. He is pretty much admitting Kiefer is a better actor for what he was aiming for.

Whether you want to believe him or not is another thing. I personally believe him because he hasn't been acting shady at all with this change outside of giving Hayter the boot without warning.

Roldan

So I was rewatching every trailer from the first till the last one and I noticed that in the announcement trailer (the one with the garbage's song)

when BB is in the stretcher being revived he does not have the shrapnel horn in his head.

Was this explained or it's still up for speculation?

Take a closer look
and you'll see that it's definitely there. It's just very buried in his head, I believe.

Sorry for spoiler tagging speculation about the GDC 2013 trailer, but at this point I don't want to upset anyone. lol

Right, I just remembered. Inside the Ground Zeroes package is a code that you need to enter at "core.konami.com". I had already done so back in February and the website is still telling me to "come back later for my reward".

Just finished MGS3 again on Vita! Still to finish MGS4 and Peace Walker before The Phantom Pain.

I'm at act 3 on MGS4.

What would you recommend me on PW, do a sort of "NG+" and replay all missions from my save, or star all over again ? I've started a new game on every MGS on this run.

MattyG

Banned
So I'm gonna be getting TPP from Newegg through that whole Batman upgrade deal, but I'm keeping my PS4 CE pre-order. My plan was to do my first playthrough on PS4, but it unlocks earlier on and will look better on PC. What do I do, OuterGAF??

First world problems, I know, BUT STILL.

So I'm gonna be getting TPP from Newegg through that whole Batman upgrade deal, but I'm keeping my PS4 CE pre-order. My plan was to do my first playthrough on PS4, but it unlocks earlier on and will look better on PC. What do I do, OuterGAF??

First world problems, I know, BUT STILL.

PC if playing early is your priority, if you can wait then PS4. If it were me, I'd pick the platform my friends are playing on so I can keep on invading their FOB and annoy the life out of them.

Really hope this is true. I've been a bit disappointed hearing some of the earlier reports that there is jack shit story.

I really find that hard to believe, especially for a Metal Gear game. I guess we'll just have to wait and see for ourselves.

Just finished MGS3 again on Vita! Still to finish MGS4 and Peace Walker before The Phantom Pain.

I'm at act 3 on MGS4.

What would you recommend me on PW, do a sort of "NG+" and replay all missions from my save, or star all over again ? I've started a new game on every MGS on this run.

Just replay them with your current save so you have all your fun toys already unlocked

Zambatoh

There are only two things I dislike about Peace Walker.

-Vehicle Battles (Except for the actual Monster Hunter fights which the game was built on)

-and the cut-scene QTEs. I especially hate the fact they they can alter your mission rating. I never could S-rank the mission which featured a flashback to the Boss and you had...maybe 1/3rd of a second just to hit all of the buttons that popped up. It still pisses me off to this day.

MattyG

Banned
PC if playing early is your priority, if you can wait then PS4. If it were me, I'd pick the platform my friends are playing on so I can keep on invading their FOB and annoy the life out of them.
Oh right, I completely forgot about the FOB stuff. Definitely playing on PS4 then, I don't think I know anyone who's going to be playing it on PC. I'll just sell the code then I guess. Thanks!

SugarDave

Hoping somebody here might be able to help with this. When I try and launch GZ on Steam, nothing happens. The 'preparing to launch' box pops up for no more than 2 seconds and nothing follows. I tried reinstalling it and that hasn't worked and looked it up to find it's been a issue for many others. However, none of their solutions have worked for me.

Would anybody be able to help?

pahamrick

Oh right, I completely forgot about the FOB stuff. Definitely playing on PS4 then, I don't think I know anyone who's going to be playing it on PC. I'll just sell the code then I guess. Thanks!

You can always add folks here from OuterGAF as friend's on Steam, too.

Zambatoh

Hoping somebody here might be able to help with this. When I try and launch GZ on Steam, nothing happens. The 'preparing to launch' box pops up for no more than 2 seconds and nothing follows. I tried reinstalling it and that hasn't worked and looked it up to find it's been a issue for many others. However, none of their solutions have worked for me.

Would anybody be able to help?

I have this problem on occasion too. Sometimes the game has these false starts, and you have to force it to close in the task manager. Then you've got to close steam completely and then restart it.

SugarDave

I have this problem on occasion too. Sometimes the game has these false starts, and you have to force it to close in the task manager. Then you've got to close steam completely and then restart it.

Had a look and GZ doesn't appear in the task manager at all. I'll have a longer look into it a bit later, thanks though.

MattyG

Banned
You can always add folks here from OuterGAF as friend's on Steam, too.
True. I think I'll stick with PS4 anyways though. If I'm getting the CE no matter what, I may as well sell the code and recoup some money. And I can wait the extra 24 hours, especially since I have class most of the day on the 31st.

Anyone playing on PS4 feel free to add me on PSN: ortiz344

And anyone else feel free to add me on Steam too, even if I won't be playing MGSV there: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ortiz344

Zambatoh

So I was reading the Wikia entry on Grey Fox until I got to this juicy bit.

At some point, Jaeger returned to Mozambique to participate in the civil war, this time as a soldier for the RENAMO, but would later endure severe torture, during which his nose and ears were cut off.[13] However, he would ultimately be rescued once more by Big Boss.

I then looked up the Mozambican War on Wikipedia, and sure enough, it took place between 1977 and 1992.

While Grey Fox did meet Naomi in 1979, BB was still in a coma. However his incarceration in Mozambique was never given a specific date.

It's also worth noting that losing his nose and ears would not be out of place with Phantom Pain's themes and a big chunk of the game does take place in Africa so I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to speculate such a mission taking place in the story at some point. Or as a Side Op.

Zambatoh

Probably because his artwork in later games still features a nose at the very least.
It's possible that they may have surgically attached new ones onto his head.
Who knows right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom