• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This thread needed countdown gifs:

GaCV2SJ.gif

OMG hai Bricky, long time no see.

-Deimos

I liked Null too, but Portable Ops actually did retcon his story quite a bit. Snake Soup even did an article on it. It's a pretty good read actually if I can find it.

edit: Yeah here it is.
http://thesnakesoup.org/myth-articles/myth-null-adds-to-gray-foxs-backstory-and-does-not-retcon-it/

I guess it did retcon some details then, though the new story lines up better with MGSV. Honestly I don't mind retconning some details from the first two games. They're old and Kojima never even planned on making a sequel to MG.

Zambatoh

I guess it did retcon some details then, though the new story lines up better with MGSV. Honestly I don't mind retconning some details from the first two games. They're old and Kojima never even planned on making a sequel to MG.

True. Almost every game since MGS1 has retconned the MSX titles to such a significant degree, that you can't even consider those games canon anymore. They need a major rewrite to fit in with everything now.

-Deimos

True. Almost every game since MGS1 has retconned the MSX titles to such a significant degree, that you can't even consider those games canon anymore. They need a major rewrite to fit in with everything now.

I look at them the same way Kojima does with PO, only major plot details are canon.

MattyG

Banned
Just got my code from Newegg. I don't think the promo has the updated release date, the CS rep said to "be aware that the code won't be active until September 15th, the day the game releases".

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

i'll have you know i still consider the Poisonous Zanzibar Hamsters 100% canon

Mifec

Just got my code from Newegg. I don't think the promo has the updated release date, the CS rep said to "be aware that the code won't be active until September 15th, the day the game releases".

You can activate it right now and the game gets added to your steam.

MattyG

Banned
You can activate it right now and the game gets added to your steam.
Ahh, ok. Thanks!

I was going to sell it since I have a PS4 CE coming, but I'm actually considering keeping it. The temptation to be able to play it a day early is... overwhelming.

Zambatoh

S ranking Jamais vu on hard is super annoying. I keep doing perfect runs until the very end

Usually before the shootout starts, I plant an ass-load of C4 on the ground in the big white box next to the sliding door.
Then towards the end of the battle, when a bunch of dudes try to swarm out all at once, that is when I shoot the explosives. Yes. Shoot. Because ain't nobody got time to whip out the detonator.

Any stragglers still alive can then be shot to death in reflex mode. Good luck Soldier!

MattyG

Banned
Online is also free on PC.
Eh, I'm paying for plus either way.

I just looked at my class schedule and Monday is pretty busy anyway, so I may as well sell it and make a little money. Classes until noon and then one at 630-930PM. Probably be better to just wait for Tuesday, since my only class then is a 300-445. And I've got Disney Infinity 3.0 coming Monday anyway. I guess I can order the CE guide with the money from the code.

Goddamn, I can't wait for this game much longer.

MajorTom

C4 is your greatest ally for that

Usually before the shootout starts, I plant an ass-load of C4 on the ground in the big white box next to the sliding door.
Then towards the end of the battle, when a bunch of dudes try to swarm out all at once, that is when I shoot the explosives. Yes. Shoot. Because ain't nobody got time to whip out the detonator.

Any stragglers still alive can then be shot to death in reflex mode. Good luck Soldier!
Thanks guys, I'll try it again tomorrow.
I'm pretty sure it's the last thing I need to do to get 100%

I just want to know the scores and the most important points.
Yeah I'll probably do the same. I don't really want to read a full review in case something is spoiled by accident.

Shy

Shy, I hate to break it to you mate, I'm sorry it had to be this way but there has been countless people dropping in and moaning that they went into the spoiler thread and now regret their stupid decisions (including me).
Nobody's against you here, we don't make snide digs at you or others. We are all brothers here.

If it was anyone who that was aimed at it was probably me lol.
Edit: Probably not me as I haven't blamed others.
Ahh. Sorry, it's a bad habit.
B38xo7H.gif

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom