• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Tcab96

Don't even know what happened on my first match. I died and selected a spawn point, only to wait out the entire match until the other team wins, all while staring at the exact same place where I died.

BadWolf

10 seconds on Bounty Hunter clock, enemy have 15 lives, we have 8. I knockout a guy with a +9 bounty, fulton him...
....and a teammate decides to killsteal him, killing him before the fulton launches upwards.

Dogshit gameplay design.

The gameplay mechanic is interesting actually.

Can't cure player stupidity though.

Kei-

Really confused right now. Downloaded the mgo add-on from the store, was still telling me I didn't have the data when I selected MGO from the game menu. Then I deleted my game data and downloaded the add-on through the in game prompt, that didn't work still. I keep getting the

"To play MGO you need the MGO dlc, with the latest patch installed, visit PS Store and download MGO game data".

But I already have it...

Vanguard

Also, the number of soldiers running around in the open is a bit scary. I guess using cover is overrated. :p

I just found it strange how they just kept running directly at me? I guess they wanted to CQC me really bad. This is first time I've played an MGO so this all new to me!

10 seconds on Bounty Hunter clock, enemy have 15 lives, we have 8. I knockout a guy with a +9 bounty, fulton him...
....and a teammate decides to killsteal him, killing him before the fulton launches upwards.

Dogshit gameplay design.

Simple solution of disabling teammates from stealing kills by making the fulton'd player invincible to teammates. gg designers

Not had a chance to play this yet as been at work all day but it's downloading now.

Looking for people to play this with on xbox one.
GT - KnobNose1981
Based in the UK

Hystzen

I love how the game also has no clue how you died and admits it's bullshit.

When you die a damage chart is on left showing how bullets hit you or knife slice.

Just grabbed a guy when I flopped dead because the guy I had in choke hold shot me. The damage chart had nothing on it because game also had no clue wtf happened

Mechazawa

Surprised to hear the servers are holding up.

Does single player progression have any bearing on the MP? I was thinking of picking up a second copy on PS4 for MGO.

I love how the game also has no clue how you died and admits it's bullshit.

When you die a damage chart is on left showing how bullets hit you or knife slice.

Just grabbed a guy when I flopped dead because the guy I had in choke hold shot me. The damage chart had nothing on it because game also had no clue wtf happened

I've had a lot of this happen to me, I get the drop on the enemy & empty a whole clip into them, only for them to one hit kill me, frustrating...

Xater

The lack of host migration is the worst. I get connected to a game, the match is about to start, host leaves, disconnect. Happens way too often.

Chinner

Banned
this is a run and gun third person shooting. if youre looking for stealth and tactics then you're not going to find it here.

GHound

Anywhere to see the unlocks for the different classes before I decide what I want to play as first? Tried searching the topic and turned up nothing.

Vanguard

500 GP to simply change the colour of your outfit. To put that into perspective, you usually get 10GP or 20GP after each game.

I was just thinking about this, but don't you get more GP if you do Auto match (which is currently broken?), as select match might be giving lower rewards? I think...

Bio-Frost

So it sounds like we can all hope the casuals quit playing after a few months so everyone else can have a proper MGO experience.

Icefire1424

All modes at the moment are just full of everyone running & gunning, absolutely no tactics or team play... Hope tht changes :(

It will. If MGO2 is any indication, the ones that play strictly run and gun will get frustrated that they keep getting killed, and their teams keep losing that they eventual stop playing. Cream rises to the top, only the strong survive, and all that...

I just found it strange how they just kept running directly at me? I guess they wanted to CQC me really bad. This is first time I've played an MGO so this all new to me!

Well, raise your head high, because you are playing it right. Reminds me of the early days of Rainbow Six Vegas and Vegas 2. Was pretty easy to tell who was familiar with the concept of a tactical shooter, and who wasn't. The latter were the ones killed running down a hallway unsupported, usually by someone blindfiring around a corner. They usually didn't hang around too long. :D

Marvel

could never
Top of the leaderboard, 10 seconds till the end of the game a few seconds prior I ranked up to 10. Salty Host who I assume I kept killing kicks me before it finishes... thus lost xp.

Nice lol

Gorillaz

If its true that alot of people are playing run and gun then it sounds like the meta game will live and die on private matches

Top Bottom