• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Hystzen

Having played lots of hours with randoms on past MGO and Battlefield games I'm used to people who don't play it "correctly" but damn this is rough. Most rounds are people playing it like Uncharted MP with a few camo people (which is pointless as you can see people from quite a distance )

Doesn't help you can CQC sometimes from 8ft other times you need be up there arse for it to work.

Kei-

This is so frustrating, it keeps telling me

"To play MGO you need the MGO dlc, with the latest patch installed, visit PS Store and download MGO game data".

But I already have it...I have deleted and re-installed game data tried everything. Keep getting this. Have downloaded MGO through the web store, ps4, in-game prompt, everything. No one else is having this issue?

AmyS

Played a few matches on PS4. Seemed to work flawlessly for me, never got disconnected, didn't seem to be any lag.

100 Mbps wired connection.

Really, really FUN.

"To play MGO you need the MGO dlc, with the latest patch installed, visit PS Store and download MGO game data".

But I already have it...I have deleted and re-installed game data tried everything. Keep getting this. Have downloaded MGO through the web store, ps4, in-game prompt, everything. No one else is having this issue?
You sure you are downloading from the right store? Dlc isn't region free

Oscar

Played 3 games, mostly run and gun players.

The camo should be more effective IMO. Saw a camo'd guy crawling super slow but he was visible as fuck.

Shy

There is an offical MGO GAF group on the PS4 called "Outer-GAF"
However because when i made the group i associated it with the uk version of TPP, and because i don't have that copy anymore the group won't load for me, so i can let anybody in.

But i will be buying a uk copy tomorrow evening so i can fix this very stupid mistake, and then i'll be able to start letting all of you fine gaffers in.

If someone is willing we could old school game share and i could download your digital copy of the game, and we fix it tonight. Please remember though it would have be the uk copy of the game.

I would just like to apologise again if this ruins anyone's enjoyment with the game, i feel very fucking stupid for messing this up for all of you.

KyleCross

Just booted it up, due to the first slot being locked to your male only TPP avatar I'm assuming you can't play as a woman until you unlock the second character slot?

Kei-

Someone mentioned that you unlock female characters at a later date/cannot choose one from the get-go?

You can create a female soldier when you get to create your own online character at level 6. Initially, you only use your single player avatar.

Withnail

Are you playing the game on the same region account as you originally bought it with? DLC is region specific.

Kei-

You sure you are downloading from the right store? Dlc isn't region free

Yea, downloaded from the US store. Downloaded from the EU store to try to get in earlier but it didn't work. Don't know if that somehow screwed something up, but downloading the EU one again now.

Okay, download from the EU store fixed it for me, and it did have something to do with me initially downloading the EU one to try to get in early. Strange.

Demoskinos

This shit is the bomb. I was in a bounty hunt and saw a guy in a walker gear running straight at me so I stealth camo'd and laid still and he ran right past me and then i shot him in the back. Such a cool moment.

I also knocked a dude out and used him as bait for his buddy and then fultoned them both. Non-lethal is a bit harder obvs but man when you get the better of someone its so fun.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Player one match (Bounty Hunter), absolutely awesome:
- Less than 5 seconds to find a match
- No game breaking lag

The game length was a bit short though
Please add me on PS4: Fersis_4
I have a headset and i plan to play lots of MGO :3

Are you able to create more than 3 characters eventually?
Sounds like something that could be bought with MB Coins

This is probably the best MGO launch ever :0
Can't wait for more customization stuff!

Icefire1424

To those that have played, can the D-Walker be destroyed, or only incapacitated by killing the driver? Seems like these things are pretty powerful, and haven't heard much in the way of engaging one yet. My guess is a few veteran Enforcers slinging rocks down the road might be making short work of those walkers.

To those that have played, can the D-Walker be destroyed, or only incapacitated by killing the driver? Seems like these things are pretty powerful, and haven't heard much in the way of engaging one yet. My guess is a few veteran Enforcers slinging rocks down the road might be making short work of those walkers.

i spam nades at them they blow up real fast

Cob32

I've seen a D-Walker destroyed by another D-Walker.

Oscar

Yeah they can be destroyed, but it is best to just shoot the driver in the back. That thing can take a lot of punishment.

GodofWine

I don't understand why people thought anything but Run n Gun was going to happen in the early going.

The same reason people still expect day one awesome servers... We never learn.

OK, which GAF group is the proper one, I think I saw three mentioned in here.

Is customization locked as soon as you create a character? I remember MGO2 wouldn't let you change anything for achracter after their creation, not even cosmetic equipment. I hated that, is it gone now? Can people also check if the first character's face updates when the single player avatar it is based on changes? Is it possible to change classes for characters, or do you just get three characters max, and once you choose their class they can't change again, so if you want a character of each class you are locked to each character being one class with no choice in the matter except to forgoe playing as all the classes?

Edit:

How effective is using PS4's community feature for creating private matches with GAF? I suspect it could be a way to have a loose set of "clans", since apparently they didn't put that in MGO3.

Surprised to hear the servers are holding up.

Does single player progression have any bearing on the MP? I was thinking of picking up a second copy on PS4 for MGO.

apparantly the mgo update takes a shit on single player progress by allowing half your resources to be unusable and only stolen.

Top Bottom