• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Kinyou

Hm, tried it but couldn't join any game at all. Autosearch led nowhere and whenever I manually selected a game it said "Match couldn't be found"

GeeTeeCee

I spent 20 mins unsuccessfully waiting for a match.

The official twitter is hilarious:

Can't get automatched? Try searching for an open match.
Can't get into any open matches? Use automatch instead.

Thanks, Konami.

GHound

Right at the start of the match, blew up dude's Walker. Couldn't move... turns out he was the host and rage quit! How pathetic. MGO team really needs to do something about that shit.

Having played lots of hours with randoms on past MGO and Battlefield games I'm used to people who don't play it "correctly" but damn this is rough. Most rounds are people playing it like Uncharted MP with a few camo people (which is pointless as you can see people from quite a distance )

Doesn't help you can CQC sometimes from 8ft other times you need be up there arse for it to work.

My experience so far. Which is a bummer. Also, fuck the walker gears.
Don't really see myself playing much more of this.

NeoGiff

Oh, there was already a GAF MGO community? I didn't know that. Will I get rid of my one then? There are about 60 members already.

Oscar

Avoid Bounty Hunter if you want a stealth oriented experience, you will get wrecked.

Cloak and Dagger is where it's at.

RS4-

If you're fighting in a spawn point, its a complete shit show. If you think you're going to fulton someone out, you're not.

Right now the game is just like UC3.

Three shots to lethally kill someone. If you're going non lethal, unless they're completely oblivious, you better get a headshot if you want to knock em out.

Anyone struggling with auto match search for a match instead making sure you turn off searching for games with passwords.

Then push r1 to go to the second page of results and just go down the list until you get into a game. Quite easy.

Can anyone explain how you unlock weapons and attachments?

Battlefront looks like garbage
Agreed. Looks like normal Dice.

Vehicles absolutely ruining the game and destroying ground troops with ease leading to no good gun battles.

On the occasion you get into a gun fight no with vehicles disturbing you (rare), you'll come up against a near invincible special character.

Utter garbage.

Reebot

Mixed at best reactions in here, disappointing to read. Looking forward to trying it myself soon, assuming the severs hold.

RK9039

I think I liked MGO2 better tbh
this feels less tactical and way more action bases

Yup, it's a lot more chaotic rather than how tactical MGO2 was. Unfortunately it feels kinda generic to me which the previous ones weren't, maybe that's what they wanted because MGO2 had a niche audience and it had a fairly steep learning curve. This new one basically feels like one of those trashy F2P multiplayer shooters we see a lot on PC where everything feels thrown together.

Little tip, if you're stuck and trying to quit the match in the briefing on ps4 you hold the left side of the TouchPad down. From there you can do things like leave the match, mess with controls, and return to phantom pain.

Anyone struggling with auto match search for a match instead making sure you turn off searching for games with passwords.

Then push r1 to go to the second page of results and just go down the list until you get into a game. Quite easy.

Can anyone explain how you unlock weapons and attachments?

Unlocks all seem tied to level.

Shy

Oh, there was already a GAF MGO community? I didn't know that. Will I get rid of my one then? There are about 60 members already.
Don't disband it just yet.
How do I get in?
You can't just yet.
an earlier post of mine said:
here is an offical MGO GAF group on the PS4 called "Outer-GAF"
However because when i made the group i associated it with the uk version of TPP, and because i don't have that copy anymore the group won't load for me, so i can let anybody in.

But i will be buying a uk copy tomorrow evening so i can fix this very stupid mistake, and then i'll be able to start letting all of you fine gaffers in.

If someone is willing we could old school game share and i could download your digital copy, and we fix it tonight. Please remember though it would have be the uk copy of the game.

I would just like to apologise again if this ruins anyone's enjoyment with the game, i feel very fucking stupid for messing this up for all of you.

Top Bottom