• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Fupri

Banned
Everybody is a bullet sponge & the best tactic seems to just run around..
(Walkers are annoying but they can be dealt with a competent team..)

Voidwolf

Aside from a few failed attempts to join a match I haven't run into any issues so far.

I'm really liking it but after a few matches I gotta say, the walker gears totally ruin this game. I've abused them plenty and have been wrecked by them almost just as much. It's just not enjoyable being on either side of that experience. I really hope they implement versions of the missions without them on the maps.

Quick question, PS+ required on PS4?

I'm afraid so (I think I've heard this).

"Bullet sponge"... Others have said that the ttk (time to kill) is way too short, so don't know if it is actually reasonable, way different standards, or whether it somehow changed or is different between modes.

Customization is pretty bleh compared to MGO2 in my opinion. A lot of it is just plain and boring.

But I don't remember what was available at launch vs. the later years so I could be forgetting.

Aside from a few failed attempts to join a match I haven't run into any issues so far.

I'm really liking it but after a few matches I gotta say, the walker gears totally ruin this game. I've abused them plenty and have been wrecked by them almost just as much. It's just not enjoyable being on either side of that experience. I really hope they implement versions of the missions without them on the maps.

They will own you 1 on 1, but if you can throw a couple nades, any kind, you'll either blow it up or knockout the driver.

As people level up they'll get better tools for dealing with them too.

Vanguard

Strange thing/bug in cloak and dagger, I was defending after a round of attacking... And had permanent stealth camo :S no item for it equipped or anything.

demolitio

Cloak and Dagger is amazing. We all crawled up to this wall together and simultaneously knocked out 4 defenders and then quickly got our cloaks back.

That mode is where you'll find the teamwork.

Ashura_MX

PS3: The switch between MGO / MGSV and the initial load, damn son... awful, as bad as GTAV

I found a game easy and my team lost, it wasnt particularly fun, but I managed to kill 3 guys on the first game, but couldn't find anyone in the second game.

So is this a big disappointment? :(

Is Konami not talking about their plans for support? I want to buy this game for MGO alone but I'm so confused as to what Konami's intentions are moving forward

Vanguard

Did it deactivate when the enemy got caught?

Nope, it stayed active the entire round. Tried to make myself obvious as possible to try and make it sort of fair again but, only half worked ish as they lost. Shooting etc, nothing made it deactivate :\ No idea how it was caused.

Hatchtag

Banned
CE owner. How do I tell if my xp boost is active?

Bottom of menu will tell you how long until it runs out.

Anyways holy shit at the microtransactions. You can buy more colors for guns and clothing, but it isn't per color. Its per color per clothing. You can spend 500 MB coins-roughly 5 bucks-on a color for just one piece of clothing.

So is this a big disappointment? :(

Is Konami not talking about their plans for support? I want to buy this game for MGO alone but I'm so confused as to what Konami's intentions are moving forward
Nah. It's no MGO2 but I expected way worse than this. It's pretty fun overall, just really rough right now.

-Deimos

Nope, it stayed active the entire round. Tried to make myself obvious as possible to try and make it sort of fair again but, only half worked ish as they lost. Shooting etc, nothing made it deactivate :\ No idea how it was caused.

You must find out....for science.

RS4-

Bottom of menu will tell you how long until it runs out.

Anyways holy shit at the microtransactions. You can buy more colors for guns and clothing, but it isn't per color. Its per color per clothing. You can spend 500 MB coins-roughly 5 bucks-on a color for just one piece of clothing.

Looks liek I don't even have it at all lol.

Choosing my class right now, can I go back and change it at any time?

No. Your single player character you created will be stuck as whatever class you pick first forever, you cannot delete it or change it.

If you want a female avatar for a specific class, do NOT pic that class first, pic another class, level up to level 6, then create the female avatar in the class you want.

It's short close but try shooting mid-range

If you're accurate they still die stupidly fast. You can get upgrades for accuracy too.

TTK seems low enough. For me, anyway.

Using MG2 music as bgm feels so right with this game. I wish that music would Also be on the main game

Red Alchemist

Neo Member
It's pretty fun so far. Gotta admit though that locking equipment behind levels is hurting the game though, you're able to do much more when you start getting more weapons/items.

I've currently got an Infiltrator and a Scout level 10 unlocking a
stun shotgun
and a
tranq sniper
which I can use in all of the modes (including Cloak and Dagger) and, making non-lethal in TDM much more viable.

Also while run and gun is the popular option so far it's by no means the best, so I'd wager after a while the game will end up being more tactical.

Also first post be kind plz

Vanguard

You must find out....for science.

The only thing I remember doing, was when attacking I chose the scout class and then picked the loadout with night vision goggles? I then at the start equipped them to see things and then re-equipped the stealth camo for the rest of the round. Come defending round, permanent stealth camo :\

demolitio

The average player is too impatient to play Cloak and Dagger right now. Hopefully it will improve.

I was the last guy left on the attacking side and ended up taking out 3 defenders before the last one got me while I was slitting his friend's throat. Definitely intense and reminds me of Spies vs. Mercs from Splinter Cell in terms of having to use cooperation and the stealth camo to your advantage.

The average player is too impatient to play Cloak and Dagger right now. Hopefully it will improve.

I was the last guy left on the attacking side and ended up taking out 3 defenders before the last one got me while I was slitting his friend's throat. Definitely intense and reminds me of Spies vs. Mercs from Splinter Cell in terms of having to use cooperation and the stealth camo to your advantage.

If you want to play that mode seriously, try "cloak and dagger" auto matchmaking. You'll be in a game with only this mode (so ppl actually want to play this)

Top Bottom