• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Well is time to...

mcQCcIU.gif

I don't think I'll be able to play this fight in the game, I'm barely able to watch the stream. My sides feel like they've been zandatsued, this is top tier cheese

Akainu

When I see a character with multiple arms I think they should focus on that. They did nothing with it at all. Considering the mini gekko were all over the place there was really no point to attaching them to her body. They should have gilgameshed that piece holmes.

When I see a character with multiple arms I think they should focus on that. They did nothing with it at all. Considering the mini gekko were all over the place there was really no point to attaching them to her body. They should have gilgameshed that piece holmes.

Eh, I suppose so. It still looks like a really great boss battle though, even if it's not as good as the ones that come after it.

Monsoon > Sundowner > Mistral.

Akainu

There seems to be a lot of cutscenes during fights. We are supposed to hate those right?

Now lines are being repeated. As is that one qte lite scene.

Is Jack's family dead? Do they show up?

Dahbomb

Cutsenes interruption during boss fights need to die in a fire. Between that and the QTEs the boss fights (well one in particular) have bad pacing and less tension.

Dahbomb

Story gets flatout stupid at the end.
You mean it wasn't stupid at the start as well?

Story is about as good as cheesy 80s action anime. Even the soundtrack and presentation is reminiscent of that. Not saying it's a bad thing but it's all very tongue in cheek cheesy stuff.

Story gets flatout stupid at the end.

They really went for the upper bounds of absurdity, and I think the NANOMACHINES, SON thing showed that it's very much self-aware.

It's strange that a Metal Gear game out-did a DMC game in terms of absurdity. Weird times we live in.

Top Bottom