• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Dave1988

My God, the last boss battle is HYPE AS FUCK!

This game can't reach my hands soon enough!

EDIT: The guy streaming is getting DESTROYED by the boss. And it's on Normal. Dat damage output.

Gbraga

Thank you for the PM, kind sir!

EDIT: Ok, I don't wanna watch the very ending LOL

Can someone post here when he starts a second playthrough? (If he's doing one)

I don't mind mid game spoilers, but the very ending is a bit too much.

Gbraga

Ok, I just saw something that is more than enough to me:

WE GET THE MOTHERFUCKING SAM KATANA
(Big boss battle spoiler)

Game of the Year right there.

I caught a little bit of the stream during a particular boss fight. I was quite taken aback by the presentation.

I liked it, though I can see how it might bother some folks.

Let's just say that the people who got on DmC's case for the foul language and writing are in for a surprise when they play MGR.

karma?

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Man, Anarchy Reigns' language was raunchy as fuck. And it was hysterical. If Revengeance is on par with that, then I'm all for it.

Roto13

Has there been any news on that hinted PSN release? I don't feel like wading through a 30-page spoilery thread, so forgive me if this has been addressed already. :p

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Just played the boss fight in the demo repeatedly for an hour. Anyone who cannot handle the block/parry system is a scrub of the highest caliber.

Also, this game is fun.

Dahbomb

Yo what is going on in this thread?

MGR trying to go for that DmC edginess with the foul language. I want a Raiden vs DmC Dante pop off.

Dante: "So is your dick also made of metal? And what kind of jack ass cyborb goes around wearing high heels?"

Raiden: "The kind that is about to cut your dick in half and shoving those high heels straight up your demon/angel/neph-whatever the fuck candy ass"

Dante: "Fuck you"

Korigama

Let's just say that the people who got on DmC's case for the foul language and writing are in for a surprise when they play MGR.
Konami didn't emphasize it in marketing materials, though (which didn't do any favors to DmC when Capcom promoted it). That said, the language in Bayonetta wasn't exceptionally clean, either.

Doomrider

It took the stream guy 3:45 hours to beat the game (pure gameplay time, retries and cutscenes don't count). 7 continues, 80 alerts. Bs and Cs all around.

I really didn't want to buy this right now, but I loved the demo and the bosses seem really fun. And of course, it's gonna be endlessly replayable... Hm.

Mr. RHC

It took the stream guy 3:45 hours to beat the game. 7 continues, 80 alerts. Bs and Cs all around.

I really didn't want to buy this right now, but I loved the demo and the bosses seem really fun. And of course, it's gonna be endlessly replayable... Hm.

Didn't he listen to a single optional codec converstation? edit: kay, 8 hours plus it seems.

Dave1988

It took the stream guy 3:45 hours to beat the game. 7 continues, 80 alerts. Bs and Cs all around.

It took him around 8 hours to beat it. The in-game clock doesn't count cutscenes and retries.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

The final numbers don't count retries or cutscenes. It only takes into account your best "run" through the game.

Dahbomb

4 hour game wtf... that's shorter than ZOE2 tier. Definitely a minus for the game. Let's hope it's highly repayable.

Edit: NVM just read the last two posts. Sounds similar in length to DmC.

I'm getting slightly nervous now. I know it is a spinoff, but until now the Metal Gear series had one F-Word, which was randomly uttered by Laughing Octopus in 4.

Heck, "shit" wasn't even prevalent until MGS4 either.

Not that I will be offended or anything, since this is, after all, a game about cutting people up, but I just want to have some of that Metal Gear feel.

antitrop

Sometimes, the chat is better than the game. So much misguided rage.

4:21 adamwilliams-1: 3 HOURS OF PLAYTIME
4:21 adamwilliams-1: ARE YOU SERIOUS
4:21 adamwilliams-1: I AM DISSPOIJNT
4:21 adamwilliams-1: 3 OHURS OF PURE SUCK
4:21 dprime215: This stream has been at least 6 continous hours
4:21 adamwilliams-1: <censored> YOU KOJIMA
4:21 DookieLikeABoss: Play with the wigs
4:22 maestroxyz: ARE YOU <censored> KIDDING ME?
4:22 MCNatty1: adam stop being so <censored> assmad
4:22 adamwilliams-1: ALL THAT HYPE
4:22 VesperAzure: it took around 8 hours
4:22 MegaUltraJMan: And so it starts with Adam Williams
4:22 adamwilliams-1: ARE YOU SERIOUS

Doomrider

Yeah, I mean, I thought everyone interested in the game read the Inaba thread. I wasn't complaining or anything.

He's replaying, sweet.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Tch, streams are ruining games. Have some restraint! Just from reading "HOLY FUCK @ LAST BOSS" I know I don't want to spoil it so I can feel that shit in real-time.

someone please Revengeance this for me thanks! :O
tumblr_l7fnidAGof1qb9yj1o1_500.jpg

Top Bottom