• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Akainu

How badly does this damage Raiden's character? The Jack the Ripper stuff was bad enough.

You truly have become a parody of yourself in this thread, sir. (Is that canon, too?)
Are your feelings hurt or something? I'm sorry. This is the greatest game ever nothing compares to it.

Time to bail
ioHYr.gif

JP, are both the vocal OST and the instrumental OST shipping with the LE going to be available on iTunes?

Also, is there a preferred method of buying the OSTs that's better for Platinum? Disc or itunes or amazon?

So there are QTEs in boss battles like the ones in Bayonetta? Because they were least favorite part of Bayo.

Haven't played Bayo but heard some complaints about poorly telegraphed QTEs in it. All of MGR's look like they give you a proper amount of time to react, if that's what you mean.

JPKellams

JP, are both the vocal OST and the instrumental OST shipping with the LE going to be available on iTunes?

Also, is there a preferred method of buying the OSTs that's better for Platinum? Disc or itunes or amazon?

I honestly don't know about the instrumental disc and iTunes. I would *assume* it will be an LE exclusive.

Our preferred method of you purchasing the soundtrack is whichever method makes you happiest.

I am in disastrous love with some of the boss music in this game. I fired up a random walkthrough on Youtube to just check out some random spots, and I think it looks really cool. But damn at this boss music I heard.

Dahbomb

So there are QTEs in boss battles like the ones in Bayonetta? Because they were least favorite part of Bayo.
Yeah... lots of mashing QTEs like Godhand or "evade attack" QTE or forced blade mode sequence where you are forced to cut shit. They don't appear to be as stringent as Bayo's so you aren't going to die from them in most cases.

Really bad that this has become a genre staple now.

Curufinwe

Yeah... lots of mashing QTEs like Godhand or "evade attack" QTE or forced blade mode sequence where you are forced to cut shit. They don't appear to be as stringent as Bayo's so you aren't going to die from them in most cases.

Well that's not great, but so long as I don't die and fuck up my ranking like happened a lot to me in Bayonetta then it's not such a big deal.

That's not a spoiler anymore. I just hope Jack's family is alive. The man has suffered enough.

Being badass isn't every thing. Kenshiro is badass but he also has feels.
This game is just MGS4 Raiden but executed better. Outside of the silliness in the presentation the core ideas aren't that different from all the Patriots stuff in previous games.
I honestly don't know about the instrumental disc and iTunes. I would *assume* it will be an LE exclusive.

Our preferred method of you purchasing the soundtrack is whichever method makes you happiest.
Thanks. Really enjoyed the Anarchy Reigns soundtrack.

Sort of regret not ordering the LE now, but I have no place to put that lamp and I wasn't interested in just reselling it.

I was okay with the QTE battle til it started repeating.
The music and the Asura's Wrath-ness of it helped build it, but the third time the dude busted out of the rubble like Agent Smith or a DBZ character I think it got real old.

Akainu

The last boss fight in this game had more interruptions than the last boss of DmC.

Oh boy...

It was weird. It was like watching the guys who constantly throw grenades. He throw that debris twice in a row. I thought it would have been something that happens when his health got down to certain points.

Riposte

Well, I didn't mind the JoJo style face off mashing in God Hand or Bayonetta and being forced into blade mode sounds okay to me if it works like that. QTE dodging sounds like a bummer though.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Why in the fuck are people talking about the final boss fights and late game weapons, enemies, and stuff? Same shit as the DmC thread. Stop talking about this stuff before the game is out.

jett

D-Member
Why in the fuck are people talking about the final boss fights and late game weapons, enemies, and stuff? Same shit as the DmC thread. Stop talking about this stuff before the game is out.

It's Dah-bububububbubububuBUBUBUBU I never spoiled anyone or anything ever-Bomb.

Dahbomb

You just can't resist to shut the fuck up when you spoil yourself, can you?
In what world is this a spoiler? This is about as much of a spoiler as saying how long it will take you to beat the game.

Now I want to drop a real spoiler without tags only I don't spoil stuff so I am not gonna.

jett

D-Member
In what world is this a spoiler? This is about as much of a spoiler as saying how long it will take you to beat the game.

I know it's an incomprehensible idea to you, but some of us don't want to know dick about the final goddamn boss of the game before we actually play the thing.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Nothing you've said is really a spoiler but knowing anything about the final boss, especially since I know Jett has been avoiding media like I have, can be kind of annoying. Discussion like that, even with spoiler tags, just invites people to make vague statements that can inadvertently give something away or someone may forget to use tags and ruin the game for nearly everyone since no one is playing it yet.

Top Bottom